1084 users online (207 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - James 'Jim' Cross, 41, Eugene, 12 Dec 2016

University of Oregon student, 41, missing

A University of Oregon student and former bartender in the Eugene area is missing, according to friends of James “Jim” Cross, a student of the business program.

Cross, 41, was last seen Dec. 12 by his neighbors on Lawrence Street, according to Eugene police.

“It’s a mystery, we just don’t know where he was headed or what he was up to at all,” Brazier said.
    http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...ssing.html.csp

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

His FB leads me to believe he is gay but I don't see a partner or husband.

This is prob a dumb question...but is there water nearby? within a mile of his last known place?

The article says he has a roomate. I wish the roomate would speak out and say when s/he last saw Jim. The neighbours were the last to see him, but I wonder what time of day that was. Was he going to meet a friend, or hook-up with someone, or off to a bar for a night of drinking... I hope LE have searched his computer, he may have used it to make plans to meet someone.

James Cross won the Media Studies Essay of the Year award in 2016. He posted the essay on his Facebook on June 21st, it's entitled "Misogyny, It's Not Just for Women".

So it seems like he was doing really well at university...

However, on October 20th he was asking about finding a psychiatrist. Possible mental health issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    James Cross won the Media Studies Essay of the Year award in 2016. He posted the essay on his Facebook on June 21st, it's entitled "Misogyny, It's Not Just for Women".

So it seems like he was doing really well at university...

However, on October 20th he was asking about finding a psychiatrist. Possible mental health issues?
    Weird, I just had that essay show up on my FB feed a couple of days ago.

I hope he is OK. Sounds like there may be a sad situation going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritecho View Post
    This is prob a dumb question...but is there water nearby? within a mile of his last known place?
    There's the Willamette river and a couple of canal kinda things. I'm not sure how close to where he was. But there's plenty of water and it's not frozen all the way through. They had a huge ice storm in the last several days. It's been crazy cold for that area and extremely slippery. There's also more than their fair share of sketchy folks in that city, too, but that's all just my opinion from having lived there.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

James has a tattoo of a woman with dragons and the word "mother" on his arm. Looks like it's on the inside of his right forearm.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...0113&source=48

He was really upset in August when his rabbit, Captain Mayhem, went missing. And thrilled when he found him

I don't think James would just take off and leave his rabbit... I have a really bad feeling about this one I really want to hear from the room-mate. It was Jim's friend from a different state who spoke to the press and said she was worried about him and it's not at all like him to take off, and according to MSM the neighbours were the last to see him. So where was the roomate?

I can't find any mention of a boyfriend or dating on his fb either, but maybe he had started seeing someone, or maybe he was using an online dating site and went to meet with someone and met with found play...

I sure hope LE are taking this seriously. Adult men who go missing seem to be low priority for most LE agencies, but I think they really need to look into this one...

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    There's the Willamette river and a couple of canal kinda things. I'm not sure how close to where he was. But there's plenty of water and it's not frozen all the way through. They had a huge ice storm in the last several days. It's been crazy cold for that area and extremely slippery. There's also more than their fair share of sketchy folks in that city, too, but that's all just my opinion from having lived there.
    I also lived in Eugene (UO alum- go ducks!!). There's def some water near campus. In order to walk from campus to Autzen stadium (football stadium)- students walk over the footbridge (which is over the willamette river). I'll try to put a pic in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just really get the feeling he is in or near moving water....I wonder if he slipped? Hopefully more will come out soon...I've seen no mention of family?

He also seems to be very disappointed with the election and fearful of how it. Would affect his life and those he loves...I'm thinking his FB shows some real depression.

Cross was a bartender at the Whiteaker restaurant, Grit, before he decided to pursue a business degree at the university.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...sing.html.csp#

I hope he's found. It does sound as if suicide is a possibility here. I do hope he's somewhere clearing his mind. Or he reached out for help.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast