Found Deceased IL - Casey Koesling, 29, Chicago, 3 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Pieces Network
Casey Aaron Koesling - Missing
NamUs MP # 36379

15350439_1612915242347981_8348730838802383171_n.png

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36379

https://www.

http://theindependentnewspapers.com/?p=1650

Oct. 7

• J B, 25, of Oswego, and Casey Koesling, 29, of Joliet, were arrested in the 400 block of N. York at around 11:12 p.m. Police said while an officer was on patrol in the parking lot of a gas station, they observed a vehicle parked in the lot with two occupants. While watching the vehicle, the officer observed the passenger allegedly smoking an unknown substance from a tin can. According to police, contact was made with the occupants and hypodermic needles were observed in plain view. A search of the vehicle yielded more needles, and drug paraphernalia, police said. B and Koesling were both charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Not sounding good, I don't think Casey would have missed the birth of his daughter or left his pregnant partner voluntarily. It also sadly sounds like drugs may have been involved - he was arrested in October just gone, and was using heroin. I'm not sure how involved he was in the drug scene, but he very easily could have gotten involved with the wrong crowd of people if he was using heroin. Maybe a pissed off dealer, or he got involved higher up the chain and something went wrong.

I hope for his daughters sake that he is found, and is able to clean up and turn his life around.

I hate to say it but I hope this isn't a OD. Maybe he wasn't found yet or someone with him disposed of his body.

https://m.facebook.com/NifgAlerts/p...192091.281095565080/10154523586425081/?type=3

According to the above link he was last seen at a western union in the middle of the afternoon. Addiction is a horrible disease. I wonder is someone sent him money and he's on a bender afraid to call home? I am sure his family has contacted local hospitals........

I think if he od'd he would have probably already been found. I've seen cases like this where the person was out on a binge and were located as a result of being arrested.

Praying Casey is OK and finds the strength to recover. It's not easy, but it's better than the alternative and there is support and help available. I know some people who struggled with heroin addiction and with treatment and suboxone have had success with recovery.

Praying for all involved.

Missing for almost 3 weeks now.

This is a young man with 3 little children, obviously struggling with a drug addiction, maybe he just got overwhelmed and "ran" and doesn't know how to get back in touch with his loved ones now out of shame and guilt. Just a possible scenario that I could imagine.

Hoping he's alive and safe somewhere out there. I don't have a good feeling though sadly.

The intersection of Cicero Avenue and Chicago Avenue is known for it's drugs and prostitution: It's very rough, to say the least, and an incredibly high-crime area. It's an area that has heavy gang activity, and a place where a lot of murders are committed. I worked Loss Prevention in that neighborhood (only a few blocks away from Cicero & Chicago), and used to find bodies pretty regularly behind the store or in the dumpsters... The thing is if he did die in that area, his body would most likely be found soon - it's insanely busy there... Here's an interesting article on that intersection and the West Side of Chicago in general (the crime statistics in this are for ONE MONTH, and it's from 2013 - things have gotten much worse since then): https://emsnews.wordpress.com/2013/...-of-chicago-not-nearly-as-wrecked-as-detroit/

To be in the area of Cicero and Chicago Avenues you've gotta be really, really street smart, and you've gotta be seriously tough; That area is the West Side - probably the most dangerous in the entire country. The only reason you would be in that area is if you lived there, or if you were looking for drugs/prostitutes. It's a bad part of town...

Not sounding good, I don't think Casey would have missed the birth of his daughter or left his pregnant partner voluntarily. It also sadly sounds like drugs may have been involved - he was arrested in October just gone, and was using heroin. I'm not sure how involved he was in the drug scene, but he very easily could have gotten involved with the wrong crowd of people if he was using heroin. Maybe a pissed off dealer, or he got involved higher up the chain and something went wrong.

http://theindependentnewspapers.com/?p=1650

Oct. 7

• J B, 25, of Oswego, and Casey Koesling, 29, of Joliet, were arrested in the 400 block of N. York at around 11:12 p.m. Police said while an officer was on patrol in the parking lot of a gas station, they observed a vehicle parked in the lot with two occupants. While watching the vehicle, the officer observed the passenger allegedly smoking an unknown substance from a tin can. According to police, contact was made with the occupants and hypodermic needles were observed in plain view. A search of the vehicle yielded more needles, and drug paraphernalia, police said. B and Koesling were both charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Based on this most recent arrest, less than 2 months prior to his DLC, it could be he's voluntarily missing in order to try and run from the law. His arrest was in DuPage County and DuPage is tougher on sentencing. It may be very well he's aware of what kind of sentencing he might face and knows family court will be involved and he's just running from it all. Especially since he has a history of arrests for illegal drug use. I think he's likely fine and just laying low.

Addicts in the throes of their addiction are pretty resourceful. Amazingly resourceful. I've often found myself wondering why people don't put as much energy into their recovery as they do their addiction. Sometimes I find myself just wishing they would put that kind of energy into their recovery. I hope, this time he finds his bottom and is willing to put in the wrong to get clean and stay clean. Staying clean takes work and if one isnt working on their recovery, they're working on their next relapse.

Am a personal friend of Casey. Not verified but have been a WSer for ten years, never known a missing person personally and it's disconcerting - and heartbreaking.

He was found deceased last night in the west side of chicago. They're not confirming a COD yet but he had relapsed on heroin months back.

Devastating. Drugs are so insidious, breaks my heart.

Thanks for this thread. I never checked it - couldn't bear to, knowing that heroin likely snatched him away from this world. I'm glad he is brought home to his family, they deserve to bury their son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His beautiful daughter was born healthy and happy. And that's something I'll hold in my heart for eternity.

Thanks everyone who took the time to post - truly a great group here. I love WS.

His beautiful daughter was born healthy and happy. And that's something I'll hold in my heart for eternity.

Thanks everyone who took the time to post - truly a great group here. I love WS.

I am so, so sorry, Simply :(. I feel so terrible for his family, friends, as well as Casey. I'm sure this wasn't what he wanted for himself. Drugs are so devastating to so many and in so many ways. Again, I'm so sorry ....

I was so sure he was going to be found ok, I'm so saddened to be wrong. Addiction is a horrible ugly disease. My prayers go out for his family and friends. Such a horrible loss.

Thanks for letting us know SC. I am so sorry you have had to experience this first hand.

Sleep peacefully Casey.

I am so, so sorry, Simply :(. I feel so terrible for his family, friends, as well as Casey. I'm sure this wasn't what he wanted for himself. Drugs are so devastating to so many and in so many ways. Again, I'm so sorry ....

Thank you for the kind words. Just heartbreaking all around.

Such tragic news...I expected an outcome like that sadly...RIP Casey. Thinking of his loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back