GUILTY TX - Fort Worth man charged w/ assaulting a child, Dec 2016

Tawny

Reaction score
http://www.fox4news.com/news/225061979-story

FORT WORTH, Texas - Fort Worth police are investigating how an officer handled the arrest of a mother and her two daughters after they called him for help.

***Summary: boy allegedly litters, neighbor tells him to pick up the trash then chokes him when he doesn't, mom calls 911, etc.*** Video at the link (and everywhere, it's viral)

FWPD Issues statement regarding incident:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/12/22/...icer-misconduct-in-arrest-of-mother-daughter/

Just read ^ post #1 and started watching vid w sound off.

LEO on left side of screen, man in blue clothes behind him, woman w white top on right.

~ 1min:35 sec: Girl in pink halter-ish top rushes in between them, confronts woman on right.
LEO separates them, gets them on ground, cuffs them, puts them in patrol vehicle.
Think at one point in there, he uses stungun or taser on one.
I did not hear, don't know what they were saying.

I wonder why girl in pink top rushed in like she did. Not certain exactly what woman in white top did.
Looked like pink-top & white-top were starting to fight.
Could be all wrong, but that's my impression from vid only.
Would not like to be in LEO's shoes there trying to listen to diff ppl swarming around me by myself. Did LEO have partner on scene or backup on the way?

Going to watch rest of vid w sound, will post later.

Bad cop. He deliberately provoked the mom. He refused to deal with the issue of the neighbor assaulting the child and kept trying to provoke the mother, insulting her. The mother hadn't done anything wrong.

I think the daughter was trying to physically remove her mother
from the scene.

~ 1min:35 sec: Girl in pink halter-ish top rushes in between them, confronts woman on right.
LEO separates them, gets them on ground, cuffs them, puts them in patrol vehicle.
Think at one point in there, he uses stungun or taser on one.
I did not hear, don't know what they were saying.

I wonder why girl in pink top rushed in like she did. Not certain exactly what woman in white top did.
Looked like pink-top & white-top were starting to fight.
Could be all wrong, but that's my impression from vid only.
Would not like to be in LEO's shoes there trying to listen to diff ppl swarming around me

I think the daughter was trying to physically remove her mother
from the scene.

RSBM - That was my impression. The mother was (understandably) upset considering her son had just been allegedly assaulted... and the officer was just kind of standing there with his hands on his belt, body language that indicates he isn't really listening/believing. JMO!

that officer should be looking for a job at the end of this, a job that is not in any area of law enforcement.

How little we know as fact, but lots of hate was spewed.

Bad cop. He deliberately provoked the mom. He refused to deal with the issue of the neighbor assaulting the child and kept trying to provoke the mother, insulting her. The mother hadn't done anything wrong.

LEO "refused to deal" w the assault issue?
On vid, LEO was listening to what the Mother was saying, he was asking questions. (I'm not saying he was tactful.)
Had LEO talked to, asked questions of neighbor-accused assaulter? Or others? IDK.

What would "dealing w" the assault issue look like? LEO arresting neighbor for assaulting boy? Anyone?
Could LEO do that? Did he have probable cause to make arrest? Anyone?

The LEO also questioned why it was wrong for the man to assault her son... "Why not?"

I'm curious as to the probably cause to make the arrest. Witnesses?

Shouldn't the officer have been taking some notes? Writing down a name? Taking witness names? He was just standing there. TBH, his body language was irritating me and I'm not the mother whose child was choked by a neighbor. JMO

The LEO also questioned why it was wrong for the man to assault her son... "Why not?"

I'm curious as to the probably cause to make the arrest. Witnesses?

Wow!!! Can not believe the officer asked " why not"

Thanks to both of you for bringing this into the discussion. When listening, I missed this.

LEO "refused to deal" w the assault issue?
On vid, LEO was listening to what the Mother was saying, he was asking questions. (I'm not saying he was tactful.)
Had LEO talked to, asked questions of neighbor-accused assaulter? Or others? IDK.

What would "dealing w" the assault issue look like? LEO arresting neighbor for assaulting boy? Anyone?
Could LEO do that? Did he have probable cause to make arrest? Anyone?

Dealing with the assault issue would include talking to witnesses and the accused about the alleged assault. Taking notes. Asking questions about the assault/choking incident.

Pretty basic process, actually. He didn't do any of those things. Instead, he began "baiting" the mother into an argument, trying to get her to lose her temper. He refused to even discuss the assault accusation.

"Why don't you teach your son not to litter"

That isn't the issue here, my man. The issue is an assault on a child.

Dealing with the assault issue would include talking to witnesses and the accused about the alleged assault. Taking notes. Asking questions about the assault/choking incident.
Pretty basic process, actually. He didn't do any of those things. Instead, he began "baiting" the mother into an argument, trying to get her to lose her temper. He refused to even discuss the assault accusation.
First, apparently you and others were able to decipher more audio in clip than I did, as some was unintelligible to me. Again thx for posts on that.

But how do we - the gen public - know that this LEO did not take the ^ steps?
Just because we did not see those steps on vid now does not mean he did not do them.
IDK, but remember the source of the 5+ min vid we saw, the only one I've seen so far.
Maybe the LEO could have requested some or all these ppl come to PD station to question them and get their stmts on vid right away. IDK but wondering if that would be SOP. Anyone more familiar w protocol?

Thoughts after watching this...

She's clearly a **** mommy and should be treated as such, the LEO is treating her as any other LEO would.
She's nasty and vile and her children should be removed from her sc "care".
Good riddance!

My kid wouldn't even litter anywhere, because I taught him not to!

Fed up with this Angela Merkel treatment of everything, is it a trend or something????

are you seriously claiming that not one of your children has ever done anything wrong?

do you honestly think that if someone had done this to your child and that is the response you got from an officer that you would not be very upset about it?

what is angela merkel treatment? no idea what that means.

Thoughts after watching this...

She's clearly a **** mommy and should be treated as such, the LEO is treating her as any other LEO would.
She's nasty and vile and her children should be removed from her sc "care".
Good riddance!

My kid wouldn't even litter anywhere, because I taught him not to!

Fed up with this Angela Merkel treatment of everything, is it a trend or something????

Whoa. None of what you said is backed up by facts. It was plain nasty....

"WHY NOT?"

Time for this "officer" to find a new line of work. IMHO.

Hey Everyone,

Let's not resort to name calling OK?

If you want to express your opinion I know you can do so without resorting to swearing and name calling.

Thanks,
Tricia

"Why not?" ~~ boggles the mind.

Although I want to hear the whole story, LEO's response sounded very cold and uncaring. It sure set that mama off. I understand her anger, and likely her despair at that treatment. She might have felt "same old, same old."

Normally, I'm True Blue all the way through, but this LEO was showing attitude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back