Actress/Author Carrie Fisher, 60, has Passed Away

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Dec 23 2016, 4:50 pm ET

'Star Wars' Actress Carrie Fisher Suffers Heart Attack on a Plane, Sources Say

by Andrew Blankstein

"Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher suffered a heart attack on a plane Friday, two law enforcement sources told NBC News.

Fisher, world-famous for playing Princess Leia in the blockbuster franchise, was rushed to a local hospital after suffering full cardiac arrest. Her condition, sources said, was "not good." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...er-suffers-heart-attack-plane-sources-n699646

The United Airlines flight touched down at noon and paramedics rushed on board.

Carrie is now reported to be in a critical condition in hospital.

Actress Anna Akana was on the same flight and has describing the traumatic scenes on Twitter.

She wrote: “Don’t know how else to process this but Carrie Fisher stopped breathing on the flight home.

“Hope she’s gonna be OK.

“So many thanks to the United flight crew who jumped into action, and the awesome doctor and nurse passengers who helped.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...ospitalised-following-a-massive-heart-attack/

Peter Mayhew ‏@TheWookieeRoars 38m38 minutes ago
Thoughts and prayers for our friend and everyone's favorite princess right now.. @carrieffisher

Praying for my favorite Princess right now!

The United Airlines flight touched down at noon and paramedics rushed on board.

Carrie is now reported to be in a critical condition in hospital.

Actress Anna Akana was on the same flight and has describing the traumatic scenes on Twitter.

She wrote: “Don’t know how else to process this but Carrie Fisher stopped breathing on the flight home.

“Hope she’s gonna be OK.

“So many thanks to the United flight crew who jumped into action, and the awesome doctor and nurse passengers who helped.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...ospitalised-following-a-massive-heart-attack/

BBM

Stuff like that makes me tear up, every time. I witnessed someone have an attack in a public place once and was amazed at how quickly people with medical training came forward to assist.

As posted above: come on, Carrie!

Oh no! Pull through this, Carrie! You've survived so much!

She's so fabulous. I pray she overcomes this.

BBM

Stuff like that makes me tear up, every time. I witnessed someone have an attack in a public place once and was amazed at how quickly people with medical training came forward to assist.

As posted above: come on, Carrie!

It actually becomes second nature. :blushing: We have a tendency to run towards problems. :)

2016 has been the absolute worst. Good riddance to this year, prayers to Carrie.

Oh no! I'm wondering how long this happened before touchdown. There's a big difference between just a "heart attack" and "full cardiac arrest". Plus, a tweet said she stopped breathing. Critical condition just doesn't sound good.

Darth Vader ‏@DepressedDarth 13m13 minutes ago
Dear 2016,

It's been a tough year, please don't take Carrie Fisher.

Sincerely,

Everybody.

I hope it's okay to share this. It's not MSM but I think it sums up how most of us are feeling.

Oh no! This is awful news. Do they have defibrillators on planes? And Ambu bags? Or any basic cardiac drugs in case someone codes like this?

Oh no! I'm wondering how long this happened before touchdown. There's a big difference between just a "heart attack" and "full cardiac arrest". Plus, a tweet said she stopped breathing. Critical condition just doesn't sound good.

We're told the emergency occurred 15 minutes before the plane landed in L.A. A flight attendant asked if there were any medical personnel on board and an EMT who was sitting in the back of the plane came up to first class and administered life-saving measures.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back