Top stories of 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Well, now that November is almost gone, I'm sure the media will soon have a recap of 2005.

I know December hasn't even happened yet so who knows what is yet to come but so far of 2005, what are the stories that have hit you the hardest, changed your life, or touched you the most?

I guess as far as national stories,
I have to go with Hurricane Katrina.
I still am in shock over that.

As far as World stories, it's either the Iraq war still going on or the new Pope.

As far as crime cases, I really got involved the most with Taylor Behl, although a lot of cases really affected me.

As far as celebrity talk ... While Tom Cruise and the Katie Holmes thing has me shaking my head, I am still amazed over how quickly Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie hooked up.

And as far as sports goes, that's tough. Hmmm. White Sox winning the world series is huge, but Terrell Owen's big mouth catching up with him and the steroids issue are both pretty big too. I have to think about that.

Any other issue I'm missing here? Feel free to add on...

On second though, I think I almost need a top 10 for each, because there were so many cases. It's hard to remember the entire year.

There's Shasta and Dylan and the whole Duncan evil man.
There's Natalee, there's the Blake trial ...
there's Jessica Lunsford, Pamela Vitale .... all these cases have affected me, too.
wow, I need to think a little more :(

How about the Pope dying? thats got to be one of the top stories of 2005

Casshew said:
How about the Pope dying? thats got to be one of the top stories of 2005
yes, I would believe that has to be right up in the top 3.
I would think Katrina was #1.

Gosh, I can't even remember what has happened this year.
I know there were a bunch of political scandals and the FEMA issues as well,
and those were just terrible. Make me shake my head in shame.

How could you forget the biggest most talked about story on the internet? The paternity of Amber's daughter???

The Tsunami tragedy
Peter Jennings death
Prince Charles and Camilla marriage
New Harry Potter book/movie
Jerry Falwell ... (had to put that one in there,he's a tragedy ... period. No matter what year it is.)

Let me think of more ....

IMO, Hurricane Katrina was the top story. Just watching it unfold and seeing the authorities under react and how vulnerable we are to the people in charge, is enough to send one through the roof ,considering tax dollars.I don't think I will ever feel safe again.

concernedperson said:
IMO, Hurricane Katrina was the top story. Just watching it unfold and seeing the authorities under react and how vulnerable we are to the people in charge, is enough to send one through the roof ,considering tax dollars.I don't think I will ever feel safe again.

Yeah, and this is ongoing, and they're still being shuffled to the back of the bus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back