Nike corporate jet preparing ER landing now

Marthatex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On Cnn now; it is preparing to land over Portland, burning off excess fuel now; looks like it only has one wheel.

Hey there...Nike President William Perez is on board BUT everything we are hearing here on local TV is that the plane is enjoying a beautiful day flying in the Pacific NW with a minor little glitch...one wheel on the landing gear will not retract. Chances of a safe landing are great, but much attention has to be paid to the proceedures.

We here in Nike-land know that they will "just do it" and trust they will do it safely!

They have been flying over my house all morning!

All the folks are off and walking around the plane!!

Many smiles and happy faces :D :D :D :D

Many executive towncars there ready to whisk them away!

Once coming back from NYC to Boston on the USAIR Shuttle, we lost our hydraulic system. had to manually crank down wheels and had no steering etc.. had to use the rudders or whatever you call it. We had to assume the emergency crash landing position. When we landed there were ambulances and firetrucks lining the runway. Woooosh! I needed a cocktail! The pilot did an amazing job.

I'm so happy it turned out well. I was so mad at myself, as I did nothing all morning but watch this on the local news! Didn't even realize it would have a thread here. LOL I'm in the west hills and look out to that airport, but of course never did actually see the plane.

The 'just do it' comment was a great one, by the way.

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back