Identified! IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

laini said:
Camille Doroty Dardanes missing 5/94 from Nevada

www.doenetwork.us/cases/1063dfnv.html

unidentified female found 5/95 murdered in Illinois - body probably placed there 5/94 to 10/94.

www.doenetwork.us/cases/220ufil.html

Both have muscular legs from ice skating. What do you all think?
That seems like a possible match. Since the remains found were skeletal, there's no way of knowing if there had been any tatoos on the body. I think it would be worth while notifying LE. It's possible that since Camille went missing in Nevada, no one has checked for her as far away as Illinois.

I was just reading further down on Camille's page on doetnetwork. It says she met her husband (ex?) in Illinois originally, and he was accused of rape there. A tie to Illinois. I did send an email to doenetwork asking about this possible match.

laini said:
I was just reading further down on Camille's page on doetnetwork. It says she met her husband (ex?) in Illinois originally, and he was accused of rape there. A tie to Illinois. I did send an email to doenetwork asking about this possible match.
Wow, that is quite a connection! Wouldn't it be great if you've actually solved a case!?!:dance:

I wonder about the husband (or ex) and his possible connection to Camille's death. He was accused of rape, but I wonder if he was ever charged and convicted?

Please be sure to post whatever you find out.

laini said:
It would be very surprising if this is not a match. The shape of the eyes are almost identical.

I hope you have a match... that would be awesome! :D

Yaya said:
It would be very surprising if this is not a match. The shape of the eyes are almost identical.

I hope you have a match... that would be awesome! :D
I noticed the eyes, too, very similar in shape. And with both of them having muscular legs from ice skating - well, if it isn't a match, I'll eat my hat.

I truly hope this is a match. I also spend time trying to match unidentified victims with missing persons. My husband once told me it was a waste of time because law enforcement had probably already ruled out any matches. So if this is a match, I will be sure to let my husband know!!

Yeah, my husband thinks I am a bit obsessed. LOL. I just can't get over in my mind where do missing people go!? Especially children. We can't just say "oh well, who knows". They must be somewhere.

Sure looks like a possible match to me. It said that Dardanes had a broken nose in the past. I wonder if the unidentified female had any signs of an old break?

laini said:
Yeah, my husband thinks I am a bit obsessed. LOL. I just can't get over in my mind where do missing people go!? Especially children. We can't just say "oh well, who knows". They must be somewhere.
I feel the same way. I think a lot of missing people have been found, but the connection just isn't getting made. I posted this under the Missing Persons Information and Support thread, you might be interested in this:

"It's as if America fought a secret war and suffered tens of thousands of casualties, each an unknown soldier buried in an unmarked grave.

Missing-person experts estimate that the bodies of 40,000 to 50,000 unidentified men, women and children have been found by police during the past 50 years. These John, Jane and Baby Does were sent to local coroners and medical examiners for examination and then anonymously buried or cremated.

Most are murder victims. But in what one expert calls "a silent crisis," the vast majority of unidentified bodies go unreported to state or federal authorities, according to a Scripps Howard News Service study of confidential FBI records."

The link for the complete article is:
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs...EWS01/510290372

I am going to contact my local law enforcement officials and ask if they have any unidentified bodies and get the info.

It seems there might be atleast one that I remember and I don't recall her ever being identified. She was found behind a bar located just off a major hightway. She was found behind a dumpster.

Maybe she is one of those who was not reported.
Who Knows maybe if she was we can find her family.

It is certainly very promising, I only hope LE will cooperate. However, thanks for bringing Ms. Dardanes to my attention...When Franklin Floyd was arrrested in late '94 for the kidnapping of Michael Hughes (see the Sharon Marshall threads if you're unfamiliar with the story) he had a photo in his wallet. The middle photo of Ms. Dardanes is an exact match for the mystery photo, down to the large earring. The photo of the mystery woman was featured on Matt Birkbeck's website, but unfortunately some scum hacked his site and it is stil down. I have contacted him for his opinion and I will somehow link the photo.

laini, this could be a real match. Excellent job. :clap:

lets hope we hear something really soon.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Shadowangel, I am very interested in seeing that picture. I looked at it once on Birkbeck's site but it has been awhile. Thanks for mentioning that. I am very interested in the Sharon Marshall case, also. Will you provide a link if you can get one once the site is up? Thanks. I emailed the the sheriff's dept in Champaign County Illinois, and I already heard back! She said she will pass it along to the lead investigator and I should hear back tomorrow. We'll see.

laini

Okay when I saw that middle picture I too immediatly thought of the mystery photo in Franklyn floyds wallet. That was earlier today and I was not at home to post anything. Then I came here tonite and see you to have made the connection .aThe middle picture looks so much like Franklyn Floyds photo. . Thanks for bringing this to Matt's attention and posting about it.

mjak

shadowangel said:
It is certainly very promising, I only hope LE will cooperate. However, thanks for bringing Ms. Dardanes to my attention...When Franklin Floyd was arrrested in late '94 for the kidnapping of Michael Hughes (see the Sharon Marshall threads if you're unfamiliar with the story) he had a photo in his wallet. The middle photo of Ms. Dardanes is an exact match for the mystery photo, down to the large earring. The photo of the mystery woman was featured on Matt Birkbeck's website, but unfortunately some scum hacked his site and it is stil down. I have contacted him for his opinion and I will somehow link the photo.

WOW, She does look a lot like the unidentified on Matt's site. Nice catch.

pugsley said:
WOW, She does look a lot like the unidentified on Matt's site. Nice catch.
I have no idea why this would be the same woman, but the resemblance is unmistakable. Of course, with Floyd...This young lady would have gone mssing only a few months before Floyd broke into CB's apartment, stole her unders and then attacked her with a knife. If not for her boyfriend...

shadowangel said:
I have no idea why this would be the same woman, but the resemblance is unmistakable. Of course, with Floyd...This young lady would have gone mssing only a few months before Floyd broke into CB's apartment, stole her unders and then attacked her with a knife. If not for her boyfriend...
On the Doe Network Camille Dardanes page says....
Dardane has worked as a waitress, a dancer and a store clerk in the past.

Shadow... you say:
1986-89-The two travel to several states.
The two spend time in AZ, where Sharon mets
the young man who will be the father of Michael,
Greg Higgs. In '87, they wound up in Tampa, FL,
where Sharon gave birth to Michael in April
of '88 and had begun to work in the strip clubs.

Las Vegas is just next door to AZ... could this be the connection? Maybe Sharon and Camille met in Vegas and become friends. This could account for the picture of Camille in Floyds wallet... if it is her.

Marilynilpa said:
I noticed the eyes, too, very similar in shape. And with both of them having muscular legs from ice skating - well, if it isn't a match, I'll eat my hat.

I truly hope this is a match. I also spend time trying to match unidentified victims with missing persons. My husband once told me it was a waste of time because law enforcement had probably already ruled out any matches. So if this is a match, I will be sure to let my husband know!!

Both have bad/discolored teeth also. I think it looks like a good match. Have you contacted anyone? You should!

laini said:
Yes pugsley... LE has been notified.

I have contacted Champaign County Illinois sheriff dept. I heard back from their office by email the same day, that it would be passed along to the lead investigator tomorrow (now today) and that I should hear from him soon. I was surprised to hear anything. I will post anything I hear.

laini

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back