Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IL - Thomasboro, WhtFem, 220UFIL, 19-30, Bone Structure of Athlete, May'95

I can't get it to open either. Any suggestions?

I can't open it either.

mjak

Me either!

Try this....

http://websleuths.com/forums/attachm...ttachmentid=47

The photo at this point is fairly low quality, as it is a copy of a copy of a....
    But its clear enough to make the point.

email me the pic and I will put it up.

cass@casshew.com

suggestion

You might have better results by placing the file in a yahoo photos section and sharing out an "album" as "public" with that photo in it, and then posting an ordinary link to your yahoo photos section. Or place the picture on one of the many free websites out there and then post a link to it that way.

Edited to add:
    I did not see cashews post with kind offer to help while I was composing my own post.

Pictures posted for comparison

Here ya go...

I can absolutely see the resemblence-they look like the same person to me and I'm usually not very good at seeing the comparisons like some of you are.

Becca

Thanks, Yaya! Yep, the resemblance is amazing. Actually gave me the chills.

I have been looking at the two photos side by side and the resembelance is sticking. However, I do think the cirumstances make it a long shot.

mjak

I've been discussing this with Yaya, and she makes some valid points...Camille worked at some point as a dancer, and its evident Floyd was involved in the club scene to some degree. Floyd was known to have been in Arizona at various times, most likely '81 and again in '87. There are also gaps in his known whereabouts at various times, and his being Las Vegas at some point is not out of the question. Floyd is known to have visited the Chicago area, so there is the Illinois tie-in.

Tenuous, I agree, but the resemblance speaks for itself. And, of course, its not absolute that they ever had to meet for Floyd to have Camille's picture. Floyd may have had nothing to do with her disappearance. In early-mid '94, he was on probation in Oklahoma, but was only required to check in weekly and provide pay stubs showing he was working. As the custodian of an apartment complex, he probably made his own hours. And, of course, in July of '94 he attacked CB at knifepoint...

I found out that Dotson was arrested in '87 for assaulting Camille, but she later dropped the charges. In 2003, Dotson made a public appearance in Chicago as Gov. Ryan commuted the sentences of all prisoners on death row.

Shadowangel,

What do you mean by he made a "public appearance"? He wasn't on death row, was he? I'm just curious. I did read that he was the first person exonerated on either rape or murder charges by DNA in a certain state, possibly Illinois. I don't remember which state right now, but it was Illinois or Nevada.

On a side note, it seems people are "cleared by DNA", but they turn out to be murderers after all. It makes me wonder if DNA is not so accurate or shouldn't be the one rule in charging or releasing someone. What state was it recently where a man who was released from prison, after cleared by DNA, was found last month to have a missing woman burried in his yard. It makes me wonder if he really did do the first murder and shouldn't have been released.

Dotson became a "poster boy" for the wrongly convicted, and opponents to the death penalty rallied around him as an example of what can go wrong in our legal system. He was never on death row himself, but he did serve 10 years of a 12 year sentence (for rape, not murder). The young woman who alleged Dotson was her attacker later recanted. Though he was released in '85, Dotson wanted the record "wiped clean" and a DNA test exonerated him.

I have been unable to determine at what point Camille and Dotson seperated, but it appears they spent most of their early years together in IL. It also appears their relationship began while Dotson was in prison, as they were married almost as soon as he was released.

Further info...In July of '77, a young woman claimed she had been raped by Dotson. Based on apparently faulty bodily fluid testimony, Dotson was convicted. In '85, the young woman recanted, stating she made up the rape story to cover the fact that she had had consensual sex with her boyfriend and feared pregnancy. Dotson met Camille during the series of hearings seeking his release. Though the state refused to reverse the decision, Dotson was released on parole with time served. In January '87, Camille gave birth to a daughter. Later in '87, Dotson assaulted Camille and was arrested. His parole was revoked. Sensing the public support for Dotson, and fearing backlash from his administration's poor handling of a food poisoning outbreak, the governor granted a "last chance" parole to Dotson on Christmas Eve. Two days later, he was involved in a bar fight (so it was widely reported, he actually assaulted a 67 year-old waitress because he didn't like the sandwich he was served). In December of '87, Camille filed for divorce. In '88, DNA testing eliminated Dotson as having had sex with the accuser. It was ruled that he was entitled to a new trial; however, the state chose not to prosecute and Dotson was exonerated in August of '89.
    It appears that Camille later married again, someone by the name Diaz. I have discovered that someone posted a message on the "Missing In America" website in 2003 seeking Camille or information on her whereabouts. I am considering contacting this person and getting their opinion on Floyd's mystery photo.
    It is possible that Floyd and Dotson may have a link through CONS (Church of the New Song)-credit to Yaya for that thought. Dotson most likely served time in the late '70s in the Marion IL facility, one of the primary CONS prisons. Floyd served time there himself in the late '60s, and is believed to have maintained connections to his CONS "brethren".

I e-mailed the side-by-side comparsion to Matt Birkbeck. When I hear something from him I'll let everyone know.

I can see a strong resemblance, but I think the noses aren't exactly the same. It could be the angle of the photo on the right making it appear as if her nose is slightly longer.

I believe these two women could be one and the same person.

Laini,

I don't believe the women are one and the same. Camille's height was 5 foot 7 and the height range that was given for the unidentified woman was between 5 foot 3 and 5 foot 6. Also, Camille was 30 when she disappeared. The age range that was given was between 19 and 30 years. So, this puts her at the upper end of the spectrum.

Yes, the women do look similar. Yes, they both have brown hair and athletic legs. However, with that being said; there are alot of women who have brown hair and have athletic legs who look like them. There are a whole lot of women who ice skate, roller skate, and do Pilates. This is not an earthshaking revelation.

I believe the chances of these two women being one and the same are the equivalent of hitting a hole-in-one while holding a winning lotto ticket while being struck by lightning, all at the same time.

Laini, I hope that you are right. However, I don't see it happening.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    ...the equivalent of hitting a hole-in-one while holding a winning lotto ticket while being struck by lightning, all at the same time.
    That happened to me once...

Is there any news on the mystery women in Floyds wallet and this women? Does anyone know if Matt has seen this thread and if he has an opinion on this?

mjak

Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    Is there any news on the mystery women in Floyds wallet and this women? Does anyone know if Matt has seen this thread and if he has an opinion on this?

mjak
    I e-mailed Matt the side-by-side photos. I know he's really tied up at the moment, when he gets back to me I'll let everyone know.

Are there any updates on this?

mjak

I think that someone needs to directly contact the investigators on both sides of this about this resemblance. And please post your intention of doing so, I'm sure LE don't want to get 5 calls about this.

Does anyone know what became of Dotson (Camille's husband?) I wondered what he had said about her disappearance.

This was from Time Magazine
    Link: http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/arch...960237,00.html

"Oct. 28, 1985
    ENGAGED. Camille Dardanes, 24, grocery clerk; and Gary Dotson, 28, convicted rapist serving a 25-year term who was freed by executive clemency last May after his supposed victim, Cathleen Crowell Webb, recanted her testimony; in Country Club Hills, Ill. The couple met when Dardanes handed Dotson a rose at the start of a clemency hearing. After a wedding next spring, he hopes to support his wife as an apprentice carpenter, but may also benefit from a forthcoming book by Webb; she has agreed to turn over to Dotson her low-five- figure advance and some additional possible profits."
    Never give up...

Ok, I think I'm seeing things. On the third picture of Camille on Doe network, there is a distinctive mark, possibly on the backdrop of the photo, that is also possibly visible on the unknown woman's photo. Am I imagining this?? I will put up doe link.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast