Found Deceased KY - Hershel Starrett, 58, Shields, 20 Dec 2016

Wife, cousin of missing man charged with complicity to murder

Melissa Starrett, 47, and James Starrett, 42, both of Lejunior, were charged Wednesday after detectives determined that they tried to buy a firearm to hurt or kill someone, police said. They also were charged with receiving stolen property, the firearm.

Police already were investigating the disappearance of Hershel Starrett, 58, who was reported missing Dec. 22. Police said the victim in the cases against Melissa and James Starrett was not Hershel Starrett.

I wonder if they know that someone was responsible for his disappearance and were taking justice into their own hands or were they planning to have a 2nd victim?

Unidentified remains found:
Police say a man living in the area found remains near a camper on Kentucky Highway 1304 in the Hinkle community, located about four miles north of US 25 near Barbourville.
A search and recovery team went to the area and found more remains.

Police say they are holding off on releasing the identity of the person but say the remains do match those of a man reported missing within the last few months. That person, according to police, has family in Knox and Bell Counties.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Human-remains-found-in-Knox-County-427824523.html

A different set of Unidentified remains were found in Shields today:
SHIELDS — Human remains tentatively identified as a human skull were discovered Thursday morning, according to a brief news release from the Kentucky State Police, Post 10 Harlan.

KSP received a call around 10:30 a.m. from an individual working for Phillips Tree Service about locating a possible human skull off of Philpot Lane in the Shields community of Harlan County.
http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news/19715/possible-human-remains-located-in-harlan-county

From Feb 2017:
[h=3]Two suspects indicted in Harlan County on murder charges[/h]
13076669_G.jpg

13076693_G.jpg

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A grand jury has indicted two people in Harlan County, Kentucky, on charges of complicity to commit murder.

According to Kentucky State Police, 47-year-old Melissa Starrett and 42-year-old James Starrett, both of LeJunior, Kentucky, are facing the charges. LeJunior is about 50 miles south of Hazard, Kentucky.

KSP Trooper Shane Jacobs tells WDRB the charges stem from Melissa and James Starrett's plan to murder Melissa's son.
Police say the investigation was started after officials received a missing person report on Dec. 22, 2016 about 58-year-old Hershel Starrett, also of LeJunior. According to investigators, Hershel is the husband of Melissa Starrett and the uncle of James Starrett.
Authorities say troopers, detectives and members of the Harlan County Rescue Squad started searching the area surrounding Hershel Starrett's residence on Christmas Eve, but could not find him.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/34445181/two-suspects-indicted-in-harlan-county-on-murder-charges

Did they mean husband instead of son when referring to Melissa and James Starrett had a plan to murder Melissa's son? Otherwise, that doesn't make sense, or am I dense?

I'm not sure but later in the article it says:
"Authorities say the complicity to commit murder charge is not related to Hershel Starrett's disappearance, which police are continuing to investigate."

So perhaps the plan was to murder her son and not the missing husband? I can't figure out how these events could be completely unrelated, however. That just seems unlikely. JMO. :scared:

I'm not sure but later in the article it says:
"Authorities say the complicity to commit murder charge is not related to Hershel Starrett's disappearance, which police are continuing to investigate."

So perhaps the plan was to murder her son and not the missing husband? I can't figure out how these events could be completely unrelated, however. That just seems unlikely. JMO. :scared:

Oh dear God, her husband is missing, and both the mother and husband's nephew is planning to murder HER son? What kind of monster is this woman? She looks like several "bleep" words that I can't say here. I wonder how old her son is, poor kid. Imagine knowing your own mother was plotting your death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back