1339 users online (275 members and 1064 guests)  

Websleuths News

William Ginglen, Accused Bank Robber's Sons Turn Him In

William Ginglen was a family man who taught his three sons a sense of duty, the sons now say.

Ginglen served in the Marines and even raised a son who is now a police officer. So when Jared Ginglen went online and saw his father's picture on the sheriff's Web site naming his father as a suspect in a string of Central Illinois bank robberies, he was shocked.

Jared Ginglen read an article about the robberies in the newspaper and the description of the suspect's car matched his father's. He consulted with his brother Garret, who went onto the same site and literally threw up when he saw the photo.

"It was just a quick panic," said Garret Ginglen, who was at work when he saw the picture. "I knew immediately that it was my father."

Along with their other brother, Clay, the Ginglens decided to confront their father at his home. Since he was not there when they arrived, they decided to turn him in.

Despite his legal transgressions, the Ginglen sons say their father raised them to be good citizens.

"It was his ultimate demise," Garrett Ginglen said. "He taught us to do the right thing, and that got him caught."
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1333005
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Bless their hearts! Its not easy, but they did the right thing.

That has got to be tough.

I'd be pissed that I didn't get a cut!

LOL

j/k

I admire them. What they did could not have been easy. To have to recognize that your parent committed a crime, then to have to be the ones to report it. He did raise his children right. And they honored him and how he raised them by turning him in. He put them in the position, by committing the crime. But they honored him by living up to his teachings.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I admire them. What they did could not have been easy. To have to recognize that your parent committed a crime, then to have to be the ones to report it. He did raise his children right. And they honored him and how he raised them by turning him in. He put them in the position, by committing the crime. But they honored him by living up to his teachings.
    More than the father it was the sons.....they couldn't abide by crimes. That is coming from their inner core not what the criminal father taught them. They are are giving credit to mitigate the crime.

Whatever his other faults, he raises good kids!

It sounds to me like he was a good person once, but fell down. Happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    Whatever his other faults, he raises good kids!

It sounds to me like he was a good person once, but fell down. Happens sometimes.
    Your compassion is apparent. You are one of the good guys.

With so many people out there thinking, "my family, right or wrong", so many parents, siblings, whatevers helping their murdering relatives cover up, I think it's a great thing when kids are raised properly, to do the right thing, no matter who, even when it is a very close family member. Whatever else the father has done, he's done that much right, and that's the opposite of the message a lot of parents convey, when they defend their children from consequences of their own real actions.

A pity he couldn't live up to his own standards, but I'm sure the kids will be there for him as much as they can - without defending his wrong actions.