738 users online (79 members and 659 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 926
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,970

    Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS

    It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

    http://www.9news.com/news/investigat...cial/379838922


    KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

    The suit was filed in Michigan.
    Last edited by Tricia; 12-28-2016 at 07:15 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,970
    I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

    When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

    Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

    CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
    take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

    Think about Burke's depo!

    Think about Burke on the stand!

    If CBS doesn't back down they will win.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

    When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

    Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

    CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
    take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

    Think about Burke's depo!

    Think about Burke on the stand!

    If CBS doesn't back down they will win.
    Tricia,
    I hope CBS call LW's bluff. You can tell its all a legal gambit, since most of what LW says about the R's being exonerated, the dna evidence, the saliva etc is nonsense, old school assertions, made by other people that LW uses to fill out his litigation papers.

    These are old questions that now have answers, so LW with his Gawker demands is definitely hoping to settle out of court.

    BR on the stand, JR on the stand ... bring it on.


    .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

    http://www.9news.com/news/investigat...cial/379838922


    KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

    The suit was filed in Michigan.
    To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

    They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,970
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

    They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!
    You are right of course but I think Wood's lawsuit will not dance around anything and just say they accused Burke.

    Yes, they did offer their opinion. One person's opinion is another person's accusation.

    The fact that you are absolutely right and are telling the truth means nothing to Wood.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,970
    From the link:

    http://www.9news.com/news/investigat...cial/379838922

    KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

    This is Lin Wood talking. Not CBS.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,423
    IMO the Ramseys were planning and would file a lawsuit against any one who went against them and their stories, how else would they be able to live the rich life style they are used to. To bad we could not see just how broke they really are. Seeing Burt on the stand answering questions woud be very interesting and telling.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    443
    They will lie on the stand. I'd love to see them questioned too, but does anyone REALLY think they will tell the truth this late in the game with all the other lies they've told? What would be different? Perjury? please, they don't care. They have their own truths and will not deviate, we can only hope BR gets scrambled and lets things slip like he did on DP show.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakidoll View Post
    They will lie on the stand. I'd love to see them questioned too, but does anyone REALLY think they will tell the truth this late in the game with all the other lies they've told? What would be different? Perjury? please, they don't care. They have their own truths and will not deviate, we can only hope BR gets scrambled and lets things slip like he did on DP show.
    If it gets to that yes, I have no doubt. CBS has some fine lawyers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    From the link:

    http://www.9news.com/news/investigat...cial/379838922

    KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

    This is Lin Wood talking. Not CBS.
    Just let me live long enough to see the court issue a big ole Smack Down to Lin Wood and Burke Ramsey just as it did in the JR, PR, and BR vs FOX NEWS defamation lawsuit. Either that or let this play out in court so Burke has to take the stand, and then let a jury find in favor of the defendants, all of them. Please don't settle out of court, CBS!

    “You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    837
    Wow! All I can say is this was ill-advised. Hope it gets to court, then I will have my popcorn ready, as Burke takes the stand. A girl can dream, can't she?

    IMHO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    554
    It's one thing to sue a single person who has deep knowledge about the case but insufficient funds to defend a defamation suit. It's another to sue a huge corporation that has deep pockets but insufficient knowledge to defend such a suit. But it's quite a different thing to sue a huge corporation and co-defendants who have both deep pockets and deep knowledge. There is a chance LW's arrogance could end up solving this case in the end.

    I hope certain depositions somehow make their way to Youtube.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    254
    This might be the best news I've heard all year! Now CBS just has to call his bluff.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    106
    I'm sure the show was vetted thoroughly by CBS's bank of high paid lawyers before it was broadcast. I think LW is hoping for a settlement before the depositions start. I don't think CBS's attorneys will allow JR and BR to say, "I don't recall," during depositions. Network/news attorneys are very aggressive. Also, CBS has very deep pockets and would be able to outlast JR's attorney budget.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post
    I'm sure the show was vetted thoroughly by CBS's bank of high paid lawyers before it was broadcast. I think LW is hoping for a settlement before the depositions start. I don't think CBS's attorneys will allow JR and BR to say, "I don't recall," during depositions. Network/news attorneys are very aggressive. Also, CBS has very deep pockets and would be able to outlast JR's attorney budget.
    They certainly can keep quiet or claim they can't recall anything during depositions. However, the case is the Ramseys' to prove. Refusing to answer questions is likely to get their case booted out of court sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 888
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM
  3. Rather files $70 million lawsuit against CBS
    By pedinurse in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
  4. Morales Files Another Lawsuit
    By Ca-Sun in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:44 AM