Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

Think about Burke's depo!

Think about Burke on the stand!

If CBS doesn't back down they will win.

I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

Think about Burke's depo!

Think about Burke on the stand!

If CBS doesn't back down they will win.

Tricia,
I hope CBS call LW's bluff. You can tell its all a legal gambit, since most of what LW says about the R's being exonerated, the dna evidence, the saliva etc is nonsense, old school assertions, made by other people that LW uses to fill out his litigation papers.

These are old questions that now have answers, so LW with his Gawker demands is definitely hoping to settle out of court.

BR on the stand, JR on the stand ... bring it on.

It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...nst-cbs-experts-in-jonbenet-special/379838922

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

The suit was filed in Michigan.

To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!

To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!

You are right of course but I think Wood's lawsuit will not dance around anything and just say they accused Burke.

Yes, they did offer their opinion. One person's opinion is another person's accusation.

The fact that you are absolutely right and are telling the truth means nothing to Wood.

IMO the Ramseys were planning and would file a lawsuit against any one who went against them and their stories, how else would they be able to live the rich life style they are used to. To bad we could not see just how broke they really are. Seeing Burt on the stand answering questions woud be very interesting and telling.....

They will lie on the stand. I'd love to see them questioned too, but does anyone REALLY think they will tell the truth this late in the game with all the other lies they've told? What would be different? Perjury? please, they don't care. They have their own truths and will not deviate, we can only hope BR gets scrambled and lets things slip like he did on DP show.

They will lie on the stand. I'd love to see them questioned too, but does anyone REALLY think they will tell the truth this late in the game with all the other lies they've told? What would be different? Perjury? please, they don't care. They have their own truths and will not deviate, we can only hope BR gets scrambled and lets things slip like he did on DP show.

If it gets to that yes, I have no doubt. CBS has some fine lawyers.

From the link:

http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...nst-cbs-experts-in-jonbenet-special/379838922

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

This is Lin Wood talking. Not CBS.

Just let me live long enough to see the court issue a big ole Smack Down to Lin Wood and Burke Ramsey just as it did in the JR, PR, and BR vs FOX NEWS defamation lawsuit. Either that or let this play out in court so Burke has to take the stand, and then let a jury find in favor of the defendants, all of them. Please don't settle out of court, CBS!

Wow! All I can say is this was ill-advised. Hope it gets to court, then I will have my popcorn ready, as Burke takes the stand. A girl can dream, can't she?

IMHO

It's one thing to sue a single person who has deep knowledge about the case but insufficient funds to defend a defamation suit. It's another to sue a huge corporation that has deep pockets but insufficient knowledge to defend such a suit. But it's quite a different thing to sue a huge corporation and co-defendants who have both deep pockets and deep knowledge. There is a chance LW's arrogance could end up solving this case in the end.

I hope certain depositions somehow make their way to Youtube.

This might be the best news I've heard all year! Now CBS just has to call his bluff.

I'm sure the show was vetted thoroughly by CBS's bank of high paid lawyers before it was broadcast. I think LW is hoping for a settlement before the depositions start. I don't think CBS's attorneys will allow JR and BR to say, "I don't recall," during depositions. Network/news attorneys are very aggressive. Also, CBS has very deep pockets and would be able to outlast JR's attorney budget.

I'm sure the show was vetted thoroughly by CBS's bank of high paid lawyers before it was broadcast. I think LW is hoping for a settlement before the depositions start. I don't think CBS's attorneys will allow JR and BR to say, "I don't recall," during depositions. Network/news attorneys are very aggressive. Also, CBS has very deep pockets and would be able to outlast JR's attorney budget.
They certainly can keep quiet or claim they can't recall anything during depositions. However, the case is the Ramseys' to prove. Refusing to answer questions is likely to get their case booted out of court sooner rather than later.

What took them so long to file? They're going to have to prove that the DP interview didn't also didn't do damage to Burke. With the two coming out at about the same time, which one was the true cause of the problem?

What took them so long to file? They're going to have to prove that the DP interview didn't also didn't do damage to Burke. With the two coming out at about the same time, which one was the true cause of the problem?

Not really. Its already stated in the filing that the DP interview was only done as a preemptive measure because of the CBS show. It says that Burke was happy living away from the limelight and did not qualify as having celebrity status. However, I seem to recall that it was Burke that did that 20/20 segment long before any of this. I guess Wood forgot about that.

Not really. Its already stated in the filing that the DP interview was only done as a preemptive measure because of the CBS show. It says that Burke was happy living away from the limelight and did not qualify as having celebrity status. However, I seem to recall that it was Burke that did that 20/20 segment long before any of this. I guess Wood forgot about that.

When was Burke on 20/20? I don't remember that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Phil told him alot of people think he killed his sister. He said " wheres the evidence"? Typically, the innocent and guilty say " i did not do it". Typically, the guilty say "wheres the evidence". Someone in that house killed Jon Bonet. Then it was staged to make it look like someone came into the house from the outside. In short, staging areas look staged. All IMO.

Exactly. He also said, "Look at the evidence or lack thereof." I never heard, "No it wasn't me. I did not do such a thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail