Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Clackamas woman reported missing by family members
8a972631-51d5-4a33-b566-4b55a806ba56-large16x9_PhotosofMarileeCooleyfromfamilymembers.jpg

Merilee Cooley’s granddaughter tells KATU News that they’ve filed a missing person report with police.
She added that there are “very suspicious circumstances” surrounding her disappearance.
http://katu.com/news/local/family-members-look-for-missing-clackamas-woman-marilee-cooley

I'm local to this case and I have been trying like mad to find more updates or any news about her.
Not much out there.....

I wonder what the suspicious circumstances are.

I wonder what the suspicious circumstances are.

From the link above:

When a friend went to check on her last night, they discovered her house ransacked, her purse dumped out, the house completely unlocked, her slipper outside, and furniture dumped over. Her car and car keys are also gone. She uses a walker and/or a wheelchair to get around and both of those are at the house along with her life alert necklace, her cell phone, wallet, etc.

Oh no, not good at all :( :( :(

Nope, not at all. My mom lives alone and uses a walker as well, so when I thought about how I'd feel if I walked into her house and saw that, I know instantly she was in trouble.

I can't imagine whoever it was. Thanks for sharing! I am from Salem Oregon and shared on my Facebook page and will keep my eyes open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awful. I am local to this case and will share on Facebook. Poor Merilee. She is probably so scared.

This is very worrying! House ransacked and then they took her? Why?

Does she have a boyfriend?

Well, someone took her car. But why would someone also take a lady who needs help getting around? Other than making her withdraw money at a bank, I don't see the point. I think they should check her bank transactions. What could they have been looking for?

Well, someone took her car. But why would someone also take a lady who needs help getting around? Other than making her withdraw money at a bank, I don't see the point. I think they should check her bank transactions. What could they have been looking for?

And make sure to search the house everywhere. I'm confident that was done....but are there locations in the house, garage, yard where she could have been restrained?

Very worrisome!

jmo

Does she work somewhere? Does she have access to some company buildings?

This is the only other reason I can think of, apart from making her withdraw money from an ATM, why someone would take her. If this was a robbery.

But then there is Howard Poche in LA who was murdered at home, but missing. They found him after 3 days in his own trash can.

I hope they searched the house thoroughly!

I just heard about Merilee on the news. This is very troubling. I hope she's found safe. Locating her car is key. It's out there somewhere.

I've been having trouble posting tonight so I'm sorry if I double posted. Prayers for Merrilee and her family, this doesnt sound good with the house being ransacked :( My mom just moved into this area in a new place and she is around her age living on her own so this makes me nervous :( I hope she is found okay and safe. Praying.

Yes, like many of you, I thought of my mom as well. She lives alone and loves it. We cannot get her to move in with my brother or into a group home. So seeing this case is very chilling. I really hope it has a positive ending---but having a hard time coming up with a realistic scenario where this poor woman is OK. :sigh:

it will be on the local news at 11pm. KGW is aware of the story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back