UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Purplepixii's Case Map

Facebook Live Q&A Discussion Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Could anyone who knows edit this as to which rotate, which are static and which only take stills. Also are these just the public cameras?
Working anti-clockwise from top left, I believe to be as follows:

Adnams - from inside of shop (CCTV shown)
McDonalds - from inside but no footage that I have seen
Cornhill Walk - from inside small shopping precinct (CCTV shown)
Car park / private? (CCTV not shown)
Greenwoods - roaming (CCTV shown)
Edmundos - from inside restaurant (CCTV shown in hub)
Corner of Thornton's (CCTV not shown)

Hope this helps?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/319850/response/802518/attach/5/Bury St Edmunds.pdf

Where I work a number of service men and women of all ranks keep dogs in their rooms/ blocks. It seems to be a more recent thing as I'd never come across it until perhaps 18 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, thanks for the info. Amazed at this but not doubting anyone.

There is very little information to go on from the moment corrie left the night club. What is more clear is what he was doing in the hours and even days before. Very little has been reported about corrie other than him being a big character, and now of course the 'social hand grenade' quote has came out.

The time line in the hours leading up to this night out just don't seem right to me. Has any CCTV been made available of him leaving and walking between the pubs and entering the night club? Would be interesting to know how he was behaving then. Was he on his own? Was he staggering? He was only in the nightclub a short time so how did he managed to get that drunk so quickly that he was asked to leave?

OK, thanks for the info. Amazed at this but not doubting anyone.

There is very little information to go on from the moment corrie left the night club. What is more clear is what he was doing in the hours and even days before. Very little has been reported about corrie other than him being a big character, and now of course the 'social hand grenade' quote has came out.

The time line in the hours leading up to this night out just don't seem right to me. Has any CCTV been made available of him leaving and walking between the pubs and entering the night club? Would be interesting to know how he was behaving then. Was he on his own? Was he staggering? He was only in the nightclub a short time so how did he managed to get that drunk so quickly that he was asked to leave?

I am interested if you have any thoughts on why Corrie's workmates, colleagues and friends from his base haven't said a word about him or that evening.

Would they be restricted in doing so by RAF ? Is that part of the culture in the Services generally that Servicemen do not make statements in public even in such cases as this? TIA

Hi,
I have noticed a few people query how the doormen could have asked Corrie to leave Flex, just because he was drunk. Corrie reminds me a lot of my partner ( he is armed forces), my partner is always the life and soul of every party and becomes louder and louder the more he drinks lol! This can be sometimes construed as being in your face and over familiar to people who don't know him. Bearing in mind most people are quite reserved, even whilst drinking! We once were thrown out of a club for that reason, someone complained that he was being aggressive when he wasn't at all, just very loud! I had been with him the whole time and I get the feeling something like this could have happened to Corrie.

I am interested if you have any thoughts on why Corrie's workmates, colleagues and friends from his base haven't said a word about him or that evening.

Would they be restricted in doing so by RAF ? Is that part of the culture in the Services generally that Servicemen do not make statements in public even in such cases as this? TIA

I have experienced the RAF issuing orders not to speak to the press, was a warning not to post information about foreign operations to social media in my case but they would certainly do it if they need to.

I find it strange that his mates didn't 'have his back' more that night. Unusual that he has been asked to leave club and none of them have went with him, unless they didn't know. Even then that's a good few hours afterwards that they or him could have contacted each other.

I have experienced the RAF issuing orders not to speak to the press, was a warning not to post information about foreign operations to social media in my case but they would certainly do it if they need to.

I find it strange that his mates didn't 'have his back' more that night. Unusual that he has been asked to leave club and none of them have went with him, unless they didn't know. Even then that's a good few hours afterwards that they or him could have contacted each other.
I've often wondered how bizarre it is that he hung around until Flex would be closing but didn't contact his friends for a lift ? I'd assume they would have some arrangement from other nights out maybe a designated driver or all club for a Taxi , I'd have thought he'd have rung them to meet, which I suppose leads more to the theory that he was meeting someone else

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.securityworldhotel.com/u...ds-refurb-includes-upgrade-to-ip#.WGWuPCOnzqB

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...-fast-food-meals-to-bury-st-edmunds-1-7570980

http://www.ifsecglobal.com/secure-cctv-protects-mcdonalds-restaurants/

Macds in bse have had the upgrade, the second link says what the upgrade entails internal and external.
The third link explains what happens to cctv.

What I don't know is if mcds us a franchise as they have their own policy on cctv.
Mcds that are not franchises have their cctv hooked up to a network.
Could there be later or earlier footage pertaining to Corrie?

Thanks greater than for guidance, appreciated.

attachment.php

With regards to this image and the dark figured person, upon seeing the enhanced images (I'm afraid I can't locate them but will add asap), i actually think this could actually be Corrie. My reasoning for this is that the CCTV camera is indoors, and with it being night time, it is using Infrared in order to capture images in the dark. This can give an off representation of colours at the best of times, but when an infrared camera is filming though a pane of glass, with a white frame, a lot of the lighter colour will be shown around the window frame, making images outside appear darker. When the image was altered and made lighter, i think the outfit looks very similar to the one corrie was wearing, and the subject is holding something in "his" left hand, just like corrie was when he was eating his food.

Edit to add my adjustment of the photo to brighten things up - If you look at the top of the persons head, it looks in my opinion as if they have short hair (male?) and light is reflecting off the ends at the top.

attachment.php

I have 4 CCTV cameras on the outside of my house, and whilst i was waiting for one to be mounted on the wall outside, i had it inside recording through the window, and everything appeared very dark due to the problems I mentioned above. I'm afraid i'm not a very technical person but I hope i've explained my reasoning for my opinion well enough!

x

Attachments

• 15732179_1313649958656028_42786996908326742_o.jpg
    15732179_1313649958656028_42786996908326742_o.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,019
My first post, nothing to offer but more questions. If you wish to shoot me down, by all means go for it. I have no idea what has happened, I was tending to think AWOL until recently, but now not sure. I think the police are withholding stuff, and quite rightly so. We'd LIKE to know, but we don't have a RIGHT to know.

What I think is strange:
Can't find any reports of witnesses from that evening coming forward to say anything positive or negative about what they saw. Not a single one, on FB or any forum where there are threads on this issue, e.g., websleuths, Digital Spy, etc. In this day and age they're usually queuing up to give their two penn'orth and get their 15 minutes of fame, why not in this instance? Not a dickie bird from anyone.

If there is one suspicious vehicle, haven't they followed it into and out of the horseshoe via CCTV on the many cameras around BSE? If so, where did it come from, where did it go?

Questions:
What USUALLY happened on a night out for Corrie in BSE? How did he normally get there? Where did he normally go? How did he normally get back to base? Did he normally leave on his own? Nicola has said it was usual for him to do that at home, but did he usually do it in BSE? If so, what USUALLY happened when he did it, did he USUALLY get a taxi, did he USUALLY sleep in doorways? It would be interesting to know what USUALLY happened on a night out ...
As ex-forces myself - albeit Army and a long time ago - I know that the tolerance level for 'erratic' behaviour is low. Nicola and Tony have said he was a 'social hand grenade' - loud, lairy and attracting attention was is the norm. Was he accidentally on purpose left behind that night? I Is that relevant in the whole scheme of things? If it is relevant, why is it relevant?
What was the reason for him going to Marham every 2 weeks? IS there a link to the 'Marham incident', if so, what? And is it relevant?
How did the rest of his mates get home that night?

All questions, no answers. Not even sure if the answers would get us any further. I acknowledge that we can't discuss these issues as there are no MSM links, but if I've mentioned anything to which there are answers, please point me in the right direction!

I just hope the police know what they are doing. I hope they are close to a resolution, and I hope their silence means they've got it in hand ..

I have just found an answer to something I've had from the beginning. Could the council CCTV camera above Starbucks see down to the Cornhill shopping centre/McDonalds or is blocked by the curve of the foot path?

Here is my answer: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...We14P_MA!2e0!5s20090301T000000!7i13312!8i6656

If you zoom in the bracket for the camera can be seen above the wrought iron balcony's. So that is another source where CCTV images could come from.

I've often wondered how bizarre it is that he hung around until Flex would be closing but didn't contact his friends for a lift ? I'd assume they would have some arrangement from other nights out maybe a designated driver or all club for a Taxi , I'd have thought he'd have rung them to meet, which I suppose leads more to the theory that he was meeting someone else

I definitely think he was waiting on someone else now, maybe he knew them or maybe it was a stranger. It certainly fits with what corries mum has said about him being capable of getting into a strange car or going to a strange house.

Is there any cctv of when he left to go to his last known location? Would be interested to know what made him get up and leave at that time i.e was it a pre arranged meeting time and did he set an alarm on his phone for example?

I definitely think he was waiting on someone else now, maybe he knew them or maybe it was a stranger. It certainly fits with what corries mum has said about him being capable of getting into a strange car or going to a strange house.

Is there any cctv of when he left to go to his last known location? Would be interested to know what made him get up and leave at that time i.e was it a pre arranged meeting time and did he set an alarm on his phone for example?
Yes there is CCTV of Corrie in Heughs electrical doorway but that has never been made public for some reason or other

My first post, nothing to offer but more questions. If you wish to shoot me down, by all means go for it. I have no idea what has happened, I was tending to think AWOL until recently, but now not sure. I think the police are withholding stuff, and quite rightly so. We'd LIKE to know, but we don't have a RIGHT to know.

What I think is strange:
Can't find any reports of witnesses from that evening coming forward to say anything positive or negative about what they saw. Not a single one, on FB or any forum where there are threads on this issue, e.g., websleuths, Digital Spy, etc. In this day and age they're usually queuing up to give their two penn'orth and get their 15 minutes of fame, why not in this instance? Not a dickie bird from anyone.

If there is one suspicious vehicle, haven't they followed it into and out of the horseshoe via CCTV on the many cameras around BSE? If so, where did it come from, where did it go?

Questions:
What USUALLY happened on a night out for Corrie in BSE? How did he normally get there? Where did he normally go? How did he normally get back to base? Did he normally leave on his own? Nicola has said it was usual for him to do that at home, but did he usually do it in BSE? If so, what USUALLY happened when he did it, did he USUALLY get a taxi, did he USUALLY sleep in doorways? It would be interesting to know what USUALLY happened on a night out ...
As ex-forces myself - albeit Army and a long time ago - I know that the tolerance level for 'erratic' behaviour is low. Nicola and Tony have said he was a 'social hand grenade' - loud, lairy and attracting attention was is the norm. Was he accidentally on purpose left behind that night? I Is that relevant in the whole scheme of things? If it is relevant, why is it relevant?
What was the reason for him going to Marham every 2 weeks? IS there a link to the 'Marham incident', if so, what? And is it relevant?
How did the rest of his mates get home that night?

All questions, no answers. Not even sure if the answers would get us any further. I acknowledge that we can't discuss these issues as there are no MSM links, but if I've mentioned anything to which there are answers, please point me in the right direction!

I just hope the police know what they are doing. I hope they are close to a resolution, and I hope their silence means they've got it in hand ..

I think with regards to what he usually did, the key thing here is that with regards to his behaviour, he was very free-spirited and would just go with the flow and not follow much of a pattern - "Describing her son, who is one of three brothers, Mrs Urquhart said: "He's not so much a social butterfly, more a social hand grenade who absolutely lives for the moment. "He will make choices and decisions that are sometimes reckless that other people might not."Would he get into a stranger's car? Yes. Would he go to a stranger's house that he's never met before that he's met on a social dating site? Yes."He would put himself at risk because Corrie believed he could handle himself."

LINK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38457221

We know that the takeaway owner said he saw him frequently -

"Abdulkadir Tekagac, who works in Pizza Mama Mia, became friendly with Corrie after he began dropping in for a kebab on regular nights out."

"Corrie is my friend. He came in here maybe every two weeks for food when he was out. He usually came in with an American guy from the base.“There wasn’t anything different about him or the way he was acting when he came in that night.“He was always just friendly and normal. I don’t know what has happened, but I hope they find him soon.”

LINK -
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1928212/takeaway-worker-launches-appeal-for-missing-raf-hero-after-serving-last-meal-before-he-vanished/

So I think we can only go off a pattern to a certain point with this, as he is such a free spirit, but it helps to know he went out there frequently. I know there's more information somewhere with regards to how he got to and from his nights out, but I want to find a source so I'll be back with an edit for you asap. x

I think with regards to what he usually did, the key thing here is that with regards to his behaviour, he was very free-spirited and would just go with the flow and not follow much of a pattern - "Describing her son, who is one of three brothers, Mrs Urquhart said: "He's not so much a social butterfly, more a social hand grenade who absolutely lives for the moment. "He will make choices and decisions that are sometimes reckless that other people might not."Would he get into a stranger's car? Yes. Would he go to a stranger's house that he's never met before that he's met on a social dating site? Yes."He would put himself at risk because Corrie believed he could handle himself."

LINK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38457221

We know that the takeaway owner said he saw him frequently -

"Abdulkadir Tekagac, who works in Pizza Mama Mia, became friendly with Corrie after he began dropping in for a kebab on regular nights out."

"Corrie is my friend. He came in here maybe every two weeks for food when he was out. He usually came in with an American guy from the base.“There wasn’t anything different about him or the way he was acting when he came in that night.“He was always just friendly and normal. I don’t know what has happened, but I hope they find him soon.”

LINK -
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1928212/takeaway-worker-launches-appeal-for-missing-raf-hero-after-serving-last-meal-before-he-vanished/

So I think we can only go off a pattern to a certain point with this, as he is such a free spirit, but it helps to know he went out there frequently. I know there's more information somewhere with regards to how he got to and from his nights out, but I want to find a source so I'll be back with an edit for you asap. x

Thanks for coming back to me. I know what his mum has said about his behaviour pattern but I suspect this is linked to what she knows about his behaviour back home in Scotland, hence the early confusion about him walking back to Honington, when in fact he never did (allegedly). If there are any links about what usually happened away from home and backed up by someone other than a family member it would at least close that question in my own mind!

Thanks for coming back to me. I know what his mum has said about his behaviour pattern but I suspect this is linked to what she knows about his behaviour back home in Scotland, hence the early confusion about him walking back to Honington, when in fact he never did (allegedly). If there are any links about what usually happened away from home and backed up by someone other than a family member it would at least close that question in my own mind!

I've found some answers for you *advertiser censored*

"He had told at least one person that he planned to walk the 10 miles back to RAF Honnington, but police have not been able to find CCTV images of him leaving the town."

“He will get food and may have a sleep before he goes home. Nothing in his behaviour was even remotely unusual and the boys he was with would not have been able to stop him.”
Nicola said he did not regularly walk the long distance back to his base but had done so in the past.

LINK -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20142...-good-morning-britian-she-will-see-him-again/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/29/policewoman-starts-investigation-sons-disappearance-detectives/amp/

"Mrs Urquhart is particularly frustrated that while police have questioned staff in shops that back onto the dead end, they have not carried out door-to-door inquiries in the street opposite the entrance to it, where Mr Urquhart could have entered a building out of sight of CCTV."

That also reads to me that Corrie COULD leave the horseshoe and got into Short Brackland without being seen on cctv.

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member