IL IL - Joanna Wright, 33, Chicago, 18 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Woman, 33, missing from Marquette Park - NamUs MP # 36576

Joanna was kidnapped by 3-4 unknown men & taken against her will, she was possibly seen thrown into a blue Mazda (newer model) with Ohio state plates, on 64th street between Talman Avenue & Rockwell Avenue. Her clothing has not been confirmed, there has been missing persons reports made & posted throughout the country. The information has been posted throughout several social media sites & newspapers. Police have tried tracking her phone and were unsuccessful.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36576

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/woman-33-missing-from-marquette-park/

Where are we seeing that 3-4 men kidnapped JW?

NAMUS states "Joanna Wright, age 33, female, light complected, approximately 5'2 100lbs, dark brown shoulder length dredlocks with red tips, tattoos on both arms & hands. She was kidnapped by 3-4 unknown men & taken against her will, she was possibly seen thrown into a blue Mazda (newer model) with Ohio state plates, on 64th street between Talman Avenue & Rockwell Avenue. Her clothing has not been confirmed, there has been missing persons reports made & posted throughout the country. The information has been posted throughout several social media sites & newspapers. Police have tried tracking her phone and were unsuccessful."

All the posters and news articles state the same thing.
I own the Facebook page ILLINOIS MISSING PERSONS SEARCH AND RESCUE and have spoken to some of her loved ones who say the exact same thing. There is no story different from these circumstances surrounding this young woman's missing case.

My heart goes out to her and all of her loved ones because they are definitely out there creating media attention and getting this case known to everyone.

Missing Chicago Woman Was Forced Into Vehicle in Mid-Day Attack, Family Says
Family and friends are desperate for answers after a woman disappeared last month near her home on Chicago's South Side.

"I saw three guys jump out and grab her, she tried to fight them off as she was trying to get away," her sister Valencia Harrison said. "Another grabbed her and threw her in a car."
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/joanna-wright-missing-marquette-park-chicago-410157225.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if I have missed it in the articles but this doesn't seem like a random abduction to me. Could it be gang-related? Does someone think she owes money or whatever to them?

What a horrible situation.

I am 98% certain this is gang related with the additional complication of her sexual orientation. I hope she is found soon :/

Am lifelong Chicagoan, born and raised on the Southside (which incorporates Marquette park in its boundaries, but it's a bit farther than where I'm from). Marquette Park - although not a suburban idyllic area - isn't THAT bad.

A kidnapping in a relatively safe area? Gang related? I haven't seen any pics of her throwing up gang signs - or down, which is the inverse, offensive manner of disrespecting ones gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am lifelong Chicagoan, born and raised on the Southside (which incorporates Marquette park in its boundaries, but it's a bit farther than where I'm from). Marquette Park - although not a suburban idyllic area - isn't THAT bad.

A kidnapping in a relatively safe area? Gang related? I haven't seen any pics of her throwing up gang signs - or down, which is the inverse, offensive manner of disrespecting ones gang.

I'm not implying she belonged to one, but more that she may be involved with those who are. She is well known in her circles from what I can see on Social Media. In other words, I feel she was targeted by people she knew, and this is not a random thing.

I'm not implying she belonged to one, but more that she may be involved with those who are. She is well known in her circles from what I can see on Social Media. In other words, I feel she was targeted by people she knew, and this is not a random thing.

Oh I didn't mean you were implying anything about her, per se. Just wanted to give the non-locals a rough idea of the neighborhood this occurred, in...another point to make is that there is a TON o gun and gang violence in the south and west sides of chicago...much of it just a mile or so away from this kidnapping.

Sending up prayers for her and her family - I haven't read any updates about this in the local news, lately, I hope they keep getting her story out there. Highly populated, city area - someone knows something.

I am 98% certain this is gang related with the additional complication of her sexual orientation. I hope she is found soon :/
What makes u so sure?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

??? Where do u get ur facts

So..nothing? No leads? No press conferences?
I keep looking and its like a cold case from start not much press only ppl i see active is a 8 month pregnant sister on f.b she post daily about her ... Crazy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back