Identified! WI - Somers, Remains washed ashore, Lake Michigan, Dec'16 - Jonce Robinson

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Vacationing family discovers human remains in Kenosha County

Skeletal remains washed up on Lake Michigan shore

A family on vacation found a body while hiking along the lakefront in Kenosha County. The badly decomposed remains were found in the village of Somers on Wednesday afternoon. Now, officials face a mystery as they attempt to identify the body.
"It appears to have been washed up from Lake Michigan onto the rocks," said Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth.

He said it will be difficult to determine how the person died.
"We're going to have a very difficult time trying to determine the cause of death in this case, just because so many of the organs and so much of the body tissue is completely gone. We're hoping that if we can determine who it was, it'll help us determine the cause of death," Beth said.

The sheriff is hoping DNA from the remains that washed up on the Lake Michigan shore can match someone reported as a missing person.
http://www.wisn.com/article/vacationing-family-discovers-human-remains-in-kenosha-county/8546764

[h=1]Remains found in Kenosha Co. may be adult male[/h]
Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth says the skeletal remains are badly decomposed.

"We don't know how long the remains have been sitting there, the remains could've just washed up recently into the rocks or they could've been there for several months and no one actually saw them or where this was," said Sheriff Beth.

As of right now they're still early in their investigation. but Sheriff Beth does believe the bones have the distinct features of an adult male.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/remains-found-in-kenosha-co-may-be-adult-male

Anyone missing from a boating accident on Lake Michigan?

ETA: Changed my comment after looking at a map. :)

I am looking for another older unidentified male and ran across this guy: Lawrence Busche

"Lawrence was last seen by family about 9 p.m. Monday. His vehicle was found downtown Kenosha. All personal belongings were in the vehicle, including his wallet and dentures. He is believed to be on foot."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/34653

Its been three years, but it is too close geographically to pass over.

I'm hoping there is a follow up with more information, like gender, race, estimated age, clothing description and a possible time frame for the remains to have been there.

It does not seem like it could be that old. I would think if it happened in the summer, there would be more decomp. Water temp and creatures eating

A picture and more about the location of the remains:
491245342_.jpg

The Kenosha Sheriff’s Department was called on Wednesday afternoon to the 1000 block of Sheridan Road at about 3 p.m. for a report of possible human remains found on the shore.
According to a witness, people visiting from out of town who were looking for driftwood along the rocky, largely inaccessible stretch of shoreline at the base of a privately owned bluff found skeletal remains.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived and then called in the Kenosha County Medical Examiner and the Somers Fire Department, who staged in the parking lot of Surfside Bowl, a bowling alley at 1015 Sheridan. Firefighters lit the shoreline with lights raised with a ladder from a ladder truck, with investigators having to climb down the steep bluff to the narrow, riprap-covered shoreline.
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/body_found_on_somers_lakeshore_491245341.php

That description of the location makes me wonder if the person could have jumped off the bluff (suicide) or fallen accidentally to their death rather than washed up from somewhere else.

Do we even know the gender or race yet?
I couldn't find any updates.

Do we even know the gender or race yet?
I couldn't find any updates.

No, but LE on the scene thought it was likely male (2nd post of the thread)--just his first impression, I guess. Probably best to wait for more details.

No, but LE on the scene thought it was likely male (2nd post of the thread)--just his first impression, I guess. Probably best to wait for more details.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know how many times I looked at that, and I still didn't get it until you mentioned it, LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back