1016 users online (166 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

LAPD Steps Up The Hunt For Missing Couple

Olivia Hannah Gonzalez and Brian Fernandez were last seen on Friday, December 23.

The couple left for a weekend trip to Big Sur and were expected to return home on Christmas Day. The couple’s families have not heard from them and are concerned about their welfare.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/...issing-couple/

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/226202604-story

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Gonzalez is Hispanic, 5 feet 6, 120 pounds and has blonde hair and brown eyes.
    Fernandez is Hispanic, 5 feet 8, 160 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
    Fernandez was driving a tan 2002 Honda Civic four-door sedan, California license plate number 5VUD295.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...408778005.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
    Luke 8:17

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

I am so worried about them. This really hits close to home. My daughter and her BF go camping and hiking all of the time. It does worry me but I try to keep in touch with them somewhat.

Big Sur is a beautiful place. But there are twisty, windy roads and lots of cliffs and remote dirt roads in the area. I hope they are safe and huddled somewhere.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

im guessing car accident that has not been found. I hope that I am wrong.

The last known activity from the couple appears to be the use of one of their credit cards at Cambria General Store and gas station. They had gone on a weekend trip to Big Sur and expected to return for Christmas. They never did.

20-year-old Olivia Hannah Gonzalez and 21-year-old Brian Fernandez were last seen on Dec. 23 as they departed Big Sur, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement.
    http://www.keyt.com/news/authorities...bria/238268815

BBM.
    I think that is new info.

Being from the East Coast, I know nothing of that area...would there be others also camping out there at this time of year? Meaning, if there were an accident, for instance, would they be able to gain someone's attention/assistance fairly easily or not?

depending where they were on the route it can be windy with ravines.

its not that cold.. I mean it can dip down to 30's at night but during the day it gets 70's in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by CastlesBurning View Post
    Being from the East Coast, I know nothing of that area...would there be others also camping out there at this time of year? Meaning, if there were an accident, for instance, would they be able to gain someone's attention/assistance fairly easily or not?

I'm from the Los Angeles area, and it rained hard that day all along the California coast, 12/23. I go camping alot and have a Subaru Crosstrek with AWD and all season tires. I really doubt they were prepared for rain in a honda civic and probably summer tires on that windy road to Big Sur with cliff drops into the rock outcrops in certain areas. I'm a cautious driver, but would not consider going on that drive in my subaru in the rain. I hope they're okay and not stuck in a car wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    depending where they were on the route it can be windy with ravines.

its not that cold.. I mean it can dip down to 30's at night but during the day it gets 70's in some places.

Qtn..all the articles state that they left for Big Sur on the 23rd however where did they leave from? Anyone know?

It looks like the Los Angeles Area. They did stop in Cambria for gas before continuing to Big Sur. Here is the article:
    http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...gain-off-again

They are in a tan car, which blends in with the cliffs, if the car did slip off during the heavy rains maybe even some fog or poor visibility. Hopefully those looking for them also look at the steep drop offs with binoculars in addition to the backcountry roads.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomango View Post
    It looks like the Los Angeles Area. They did stop in Cambria for gas before continuing to Big Sur. Here is the article:
    http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...gain-off-again

They are in a tan car, which blends in with the cliffs, if the car did slip off during the heavy rains maybe even some fog or poor visibility. Hopefully those looking for them also look at the steep drop offs with binoculars in addition to the backcountry roads.
    They had a rocky relationship and she was going to break it off with him?Well that may change things a bit,maybe not a car accident.

Welcome to Websleuths ecomango!

Guzman said she has heard claims from friends of Fernandez that he logged into social media on Wednesday but was not responding to anyone’s messages “which I find pretty weird.”

She also said she has never met Fernandez but added her sister had dated him for four months off and on.

“I heard they had a rocky relationship,” Guzman said. A mutual friend told her Gonzalez was planning to “break it off” with Fernandez.

“I was concerned why she left with him on a road trip the next day,” Guzman said. “I don’t think she went against her will because her clothes and makeup were gone.”
    http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...llywood-couple

Uh, yeah, that changes things a bit...

Last seen at Ragged Point
    Last credit card purchase was at the Cambria General Store
    Traveling with a Husky and Golden Retriever

KSBY
    LAPD seeks couple missing since Big Sur trip
    http://www.ksby.com/clip/12999158/la...e-big-sur-trip

Thought they'd have been found by now...
    Last edited by katydid23; 12-31-2016 at 04:41 AM.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast