1134 users online (199 members and 935 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Daniel, 32, & Heather Kelsey, 30, found dead, Volusia County, 31 Dec 2016

Couple found dead on Fla. highway on New Year’s Eve

A Florida couple was found dead on a highway while their three sons remained inside the parked car early Saturday, officials said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2930976

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Couple found dead on Fla. highway on New Year’s Eve

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2930976

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    So sad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rdixon1120 View Post
    So sad

Oh I agree...sad. The youngest was 8 months.

From the link above:

A Florida Highway Patrol trooper found the bodies of Daniel Kelsey, 32, and Heather Kelsey, 30, outside their maroon SUV which was parked along Interstate 4 near DeLand City when he checked up on the car that morning.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine their cause of death. Officials said there were no signs of foul play.
    Deputies responded to the scene around 2:08 a.m. on the eastbound side of Interstate 4 after a trooper spotted the vehicle parked with its hazard lights on.

Officials said the couple’s three sons — aged from 8 months to 4 years old — were found in the car unharmed.
    Whatever happened???

Hmmmm......I wonder if it was a drug overdose? Or murder/suicide possibly but I wouldn't expect that with the kids being left helpless on the side of a roadway. No sign of foul play and hazard lights on. Very sad and strange.

Yes drugs would be a possibility. But they don't look to me like irresponsible parents who get high and then drive with their kids around. Were they at an event, a dinner, or something?

Very very odd - and sad - scenario.

Devastated friends said the Kelseys had been "doing great" recently and have been left utterly shocked by the tragedy.
    Mum and dad found dead by their car as three young sons sat unharmed inside

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

2 things make me think it was an overdose. The comment about 'doing great recently'---implies they are recovering.

Also, article said that were found on an embankment by the car. Maybe the kids were asleep, it was N yrs Eve, so let's 'get high' over here while they sleep....
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    2 things make me think it was an overdose. The comment about 'doing great recently'---implies they are recovering.

Also, article said that were found on an embankment by the car. Maybe the kids were asleep, it was N yrs Eve, so let's 'get high' over here while they sleep....
    The only thing about that is.... If I'm going to get out of my vehicle at 2am on nye to do drugs Oman embankment I'm most likely not going to put my hazard lights on and draw the possible attention of a passerby stopping to offer help or LE stopping as well. It's a very sad confusing case. I do agree the doing well lately comment speaks to a not doing well period of time fairly recently. Imagine we should await autopsy results. Heart breaks for those children

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post

Weird they would both OD at the same time if it wasn't planned, but why would u leave your kids in the car!!! This is all kinds of strands mooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the actual heck????????

I vote OD. And as for the hazard lights- force of habit and some type of concern for the kids I suppose.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
    Weird they would both OD at the same time if it wasn't planned, but why would u leave your kids in the car!!! This is all kinds of strands mooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if it was heroin and a bad batch it would explain the double overdose also if they had been clean awhile often addicts think they can return to the same amount they stopped using and it's too much for the system. I do hate to speculate about overdose though without any facts....perhaps they both ate something at a party got out to vomit and it may have poisoned them....seems like a stretch but not impossible. No matter what it's tragically sad for the children and their families

There would be evidence left around if they had been shooting drugs. Why wouldn't they just say apparent drug overdose? Is it common to hold off on that kind of info?

Here is the official VCSO news release:

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/news/s...along-i-4.stml

December 31, 2016 11:00 am
    Andrew Gant
    Public Information Office

Update: 3:00 p.m.
    The identities of the deceased are Daniel A. Kelsey (DOB 5/17/1984) and Heather L. Kelsey (DOB 3/5/1986). An autopsy will be conducted in an effort to determine a preliminary cause of death of each party. Daniel and Heather Kelsey lived in Ormond Beach.
    The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is investigating today after a Florida Highway Patrol trooper checking on a vehicle parked along Interstate 4 discovered two dead people. Three children found inside the vehicle were alive and unharmed.
    Deputies responded to the incident around 2:08 a.m. at the 122 mile marker of eastbound I-4 near DeLand. The FHP trooper was checking on a maroon SUV parked along the highway with its hazard lights on. The trooper discovered two adults, a 32-year-old man and 30-year-old woman, unconscious outside the SUV. They were pronounced dead at the scene shortly thereafter.
    The three young children found unharmed inside the vehicle were the deceased couple's children. The boys range in age from approximately 8 months to 4 years. They were taken to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach for precautionary purposes. An investigator with the state Department of Children and Families also responded to the hospital to aid in the investigation.
    While investigators with the Sheriff’s Office Major Case Unit did not immediately identify any obvious signs of foul play, they are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the deaths.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast