1306 users online (186 members and 1120 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    From February:

Man ordered to trial in Barroso killing

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...ling/98301994/

Robert Barroso was shot five times and likely was unable to move when he was stabbed seven times before dying in December.

The testimony came during a preliminary examination in Calhoun County District Court. After hearing from three witnesses, District Judge Frank Line ordered the case against Getter sent to circuit court for trial. Getter is charged with open murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He faces life in prison without parole if convicted of all charges.

I wish that jerk would save everyone the heartache and plea guilty. The crime was so violent and evidence overwhelming, there is absolutely nothing that can excuse it even if Robert was dating his woman.

Months after body discovered, trial starts for murder suspect

http://fox17online.com/2017/08/08/mo...urder-suspect/

The trial for Stephen Robert Getter, who is accused of killing Robert Barroso, is set to start Tuesday.

Attorney: Killer enraged by love triangle with best friend

"He sees Robert Barroso and they agree they are going to go to a place to fight," Getter's attorney, Brandon Hultink told a Calhoun County Circuit Court jury Tuesday morning. "That is the way they were going to handle things as friends."

Hultink told the jury the killing was the end of an emotional battle between the two men and that he will ask them to consider a charge other than premeditated murder when they begin their deliberations later this week.
    Assistant Calhoun County Prosecutor Pawloski dismissed the emotion of the shooting telling the jury that Getter shot his friend several times and then slashed the back of his head with a knife before stabbing him in the face several times.

"Then he left his best friend in the woods for 10 days and took law enforcement on a wild goose chase."
    Recordings reveal Stephen Getter's confession in death of Robert Barroso

Wednesday, Newschannel 3 was in court as the jury heard multiple recordings of the defendant, Stephen Getter, confessing to the December 2016 homicide.

We heard four different recordings Wednesday, from the initial interview with Stephen Getter at the Battle Creek Police Department, to the point where he led authorities to Robert Barroso's body.
    Getter expected to take the stand in his own defense

Getter says he shot his best friend in self-defense

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...nse/557570001/

“He was coming at me with a knife,” Getter testified Thursday in his Calhoun County Circuit Court murder trial. “I thought my life was in danger.”

But he said he didn’t realize until a pathologist testified earlier that all five gunshot wounds were in the back of Robert Barroso.

“I thought he was facing me,” Getter, 30, of Battle Creek, told Prosecutor David Gilbert during cross examination. “I didn’t know I hit him when he was turning and falling.”

He told the jury he remembers stabbing Barroso only once, not multiple times as the pathologist described. And he said he had not planned the killing, but only to fight with his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post
    Getter says he shot his best friend in self-defense

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...nse/557570001/

oh please!

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    oh please!
    Looks like the jury didn't buy it.

Stephen Getter found guilty of murdering best friend

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...der/560535001/

Stephen Getter, 30, was found guilty of the first-degree murder by a Calhoun County Circuit Court jury Friday in the shooting and stabbing death of 28-year-old Robert Barroso last year.

"Justice was served for what he did," said Barroso's mother, Lori Gauthier. "My son can’t be here anymore."

In Michigan, a first-degree murder conviction carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Getter's sentencing date had not been determined at the time of the verdict.

if these guys had been beefing over the same chick then I don't think they were besties any longer.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/family-of...encing-hearing

A man found guilty of murdering his former brother-in-law will spend life behind bars without the possibility of parole.

“What you did was absolutely barbaric. To think of somebody out on a cold street as Mr. Gilbert said, having been shot five times in the back, basically his arms and legs weren't working, and you thrust a knife in his skull through his brain to kill him,” said Judge Hallacy.
    http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...her/724565001/

"I hate Stephen Getter for what he did to my son," said Lori Gauthier. "I will never forgive him for what he did. He left my son dead and freezing for 11 days knowing full well where he was.

"I hope he has a hard brutal life in prison so he is no longer a threat to society."

Jeremy Barroso told the judge that Getter not only killed his brother but "he took his last words, he took his last breath and he took his last call. He listened to my brother cry out. He is twisted for what he did. He brutally murdered for a senseless act; about a child who is not my brother's child."

Heartbreaking...another life snuffed out for a senseless reason
    RIP Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2