Virgin Mary statue cries blood: Scaramento, CA

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Video Link Miracle or Hoax?

And regular old type link

5372893.jpg

Perhaps, in the hearts/minds of the faithful, this is a positive sign and brings forth beneficial qualities for themselves and others.

Friends who have visited Medagorje (? sp) and other sites holy to the Mother of God report experiences that change their lives.

And maybe it has to do with the purity of your faith and perception.

For those who say hoax, please explain the reasoning behind your decision.

I have still have faith in Mary and her practice, the rosary. May all be blessed.

Dark Knight said:
For those who say hoax, please explain the reasoning behind your decision.
I am an atheist:D

IMO, atheism is a belief system based on rational thought. It is a belief system based on reason.

It would have to be proved beyond anecdotal evidence.

Atheists please correct me if I misunderstand your view.

dakini said:
IMO, atheism is a belief system based on rational thought. It is a belief system based on reason.

You misunderstood nothing! You did a great job:blowkiss:

so.. anyone is just free to walk up to the statue and put drips of red food coloring on there... and i'm supposed to believe that it cries blood....? :rolleyes: puleeeeeeze......

it's so cool how catholicism and the old paganism are still so similar, though- what with the blood, the idol-worship, the female goddess figure, etc.... and even as a skeptic, i can still appreciate those beautiful old churches...!

reb said:
so.. anyone is just free to walk up to the statue and put drips of red food coloring on there... and i'm supposed to believe that it cries blood....? :rolleyes: puleeeeeeze......

it's so cool how catholicism and the old paganism are still so similar, though- what with the blood, the idol-worship, the female goddess figure, etc.... and even as a skeptic, i can still appreciate those beautiful old churches...!
Blood has Buddhist significance too. Life itself, caused by desire (the desire to be born, to come into being, also the essence nature)

I don't know enough about this yet to say whether I think it is a miracle or a hoax. But I do believe that there have been many miracles similar to this in the past.

dakini said:

That implies believers aren't using rational thought or reason, which isn't true, despite faith being a part of it. Atheism requires it's own faith in certain things. And I, obviously, find the "rationale" and "reason" to be faulty. But, that's another debate, lol.

I'm sure they can run tests to see what the red liquid is made of. Of course, even if it isn't blood, it doesn't mean it wasn't caused by a miracle. But I hope they test it, as I'm awfully curious.

Dark Knight said:
That implies believers aren't using rational thought or reason, which isn't true, despite faith being a part of it. Atheism requires it's own faith in certain things. And I, obviously, find the "rationale" and "reason" to be faulty. But, that's another debate, lol.

I'm sure they can run tests to see what the red liquid is made of. Of course, even if it isn't blood, it doesn't mean it wasn't caused by a miracle. But I hope they test it, as I'm awfully curious.
Sometimes, the miracle is when human beings understand each other. lol

Dark Knight said:

It reminds me of the woman who has a severely brain injured and bed ridden little girl. In the house was a statue of Mary that also cried. People by the hundreds believed it was a miracle and flocked to visit the child and her mother. They brought their sick, dying and infirmed believing the child could heal them. Some swore she did. The fluid was tested and it turned out to be some kind of oil. The mother finally confessed it was all a hoax. She was feeling isolated and enjoyed the attention.

Linda7NJ said:
I am an atheist:D

I'm curious, do athiest believe in ghosts or spirits...

or is it pretty much ashes to ashes dust to dust?

does anyone know what day the Hubble photographed the "Eye of God?"

It appears once every 3000 years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle