GUILTY MN - Seth Johnson, 7, dies of extreme neglect, Plymouth, 30 March 2015 *Arrests*

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Police in Minnesota say parents let 7-Year-Old son suffer with wounds and an inflamed pancreas without getting any medical attention.

The authorities didn't get Seth Johnson's case until last year. It has taken them a year to investigate.

The article says the Johnson's were his foster parents but he took their last name. The article refers to the Johson's as Seth's "parents". The article only mentions when Seth was placed in their foster care. I wonder if they adopted him?

Basically, this child was very troubled, had horrid wounds, wasn't eating, he was in horrible shape but the parents had "issues with doctors" so they tried their medical concoctions like medical honey, vitamins, and Neosporin.

I know when someone I love is close to death the first thing I grab is Neosporin.

Are you ready for this? If the parents are convicted the max they would receive is 1 year in jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y/?tid=pm_national_pop&utm_term=.dd774f3b7fd0

OMG, that whole article has me seething.

Rest in peace, sweet Seth. You deserved so much better in life.

1 year?!?! They should get a year for every second that the child suffered, IMO.

"We couldn’t walk, we didn’t know how to get out of bed,” they wrote. “And you came. You stood by us, you took us by the hand, you fed us, watched over our children, loved them, cleaned our home, prayed for us.”

That quote from the article absolutely disgusts me. Unbelievable, all the crap that wee one endured and those two think they suffered? Really!!

Hows it even possible to just face a one year sentence?

I wonder what crap the 16 year old had to face to think this was normal?! Why didnt he reach out? Scary!

He was placed in their care at age three, which was also the last time he had a medical exam. At age four he was adopted by the couple. By age 7 he was dead.

Disgusting story. And that max sentence is a joke. Poor little guy. The suffering must have been unimaginable.

The complaint will make you weep and burn all at once and is linked in the OP linked article.

Prayed for the boy's health?

I watched Leah Remini's Scientology show and apparently some don't believe in medical intervention. Not just Scientologists but other religions as well.

We need to get rid of the shield laws protecting religious based medical neglect. We need to make it a crime to withhold medical assistance from anyone whether or not the withholder adheres to any religion.

When my nephew got a transplant, some lady told us her religion doesn't believe in blood transfusions or transplants. I replied in my head, "That's why I'm his guardian and not you."

RIP Seth. :crying:

Feeling both sorrow and anger reading this story....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/04/minn-parents-let-son-7-suffer-wounds-inflamed-pancreas-with-no-medical-attention-before-he-died-police-say/?tid=pm_national_pop&utm_term=.61b4ee741143

They returned home that Sunday night and found Seth lying on the floor, unresponsive. “They prayed for his health,” the complaint read, but decided to wait until the morning before potentially seeking medical care for the child. The parents brought him to the dinner table, putting two small bites of pizza in his mouth, before giving him a bath and putting him to sleep on a mattress in their room. They left him in a diaper and long-sleeved shirt, with no blanket or pillow, and found him the next morning covered in vomit.
WTH!!!!!

Though I'm very sad that Seth had to pass away to escape his suffering, I'm glad he is no longer in the care of his adopted family. I've no doubt that he is in the loving arms of angels now.

Morons. Sick of people doing this kid of crap thinking they have a direcf line to God. And they got $7000! Nasty!

This is a true travesty. Seems odd they are not pressing for a more severe charge than misdemeanor child neglect.

One of the best comments on the WaPo page:
My little dog was sick for several days, vomiting, diarrhea and would not eat. I took him very soon to a vet and he had pancreatitis. He was sick in the vet hospital for 2 days. It is a serious and painful disease and these "parents " wouldn't even take their child to a doctor? Sad beyond words...

Adam Hermann's "parents" are out of prison.

Remember the nearly starved teenager from Carnation, Washington? Her step-monster & criminally passive Dad are out of prison.

Hey wait, these two were "homeschooled" as well.

I've observed excellent home-school situations. Not seen anything as bad as these cases. The responsible home-schooling parents aren't opposed to little reasonable oversight....

If he was really diagnosed with FAS, it was most certainly wrong; he has no facial features of it whatsoever.

If he was really diagnosed with FAS, it was most certainly wrong; he has no facial features of it whatsoever.

Agree completely, and IIRC the article states that the clinic had no record of diagnoses (sp? what's the plural of diagnosis, anyway?)

This whole thing seems odd to me. First, pancreatitis isn't something normally found in children; it's likely that risk factors would have been seen long before it developed. In addition to that, I saw nothing saying it was for religious reasons that he wasn't taken to a doctor. He was seen by one when he first went to live with them, and again when he was five. It doesn't surprise me, though, that Plymouth/Hennepin County has done so little about it. MOO

This whole thing seems odd to me. First, pancreatitis isn't something normally found in children; it's likely that risk factors would have been seen long before it developed. In addition to that, I saw nothing saying it was for religious reasons that he wasn't taken to a doctor. He was seen by one when he first went to live with them, and again when he was five. It doesn't surprise me, though, that Plymouth/Hennepin County has done so little about it. MOO

I expect the medical visits were required for a foster child; once the adoption was complete....

Prosecutor: Parents accused of letting sick child die have fled country
A prosecutor says a Minnesota couple charged in the death of their 7-year-old son may have absconded to New Zealand.

(...)

The Johnsons didn’t show up at their first court appearance Tuesday in Hennepin County. Assistant Hennepin County Attorney John Halla told Judge Gina Brandt that the couple has moved to New Zealand. Brandt issued warrants for their arrests.

Undercharged in the first place.

Why not:
Felony child abuse resulting in death?
or Felony manslaughter?

Why the mamby-pamby "gross misdemeanor child neglect"?
Blame the murderers AND the people who wimped out on the charges and let these murderers out of jail.

attachment.php

A Minnesota couple has been charged with neglect in the death of their 7-year-old boy after authorities say they did not get him medical treatment because they had “issues with going to doctors.”

Timothy Johnson, 39, and his wife, Sarah Johnson, 38, are facing a misdemeanor count of child neglect, KSTP-TV reports. Their son, Seth Johnson, died in March 2015. The charges were filed on January 3.

The county attorney’s office began investigating the case of the Plymouth boy’s death in December 2015. The couple was not taken into custody, but were instead issued a summons to appear in court on January 31. According to the Associated Press, they failed to do so and warrants have now been issued for their arrests.

The AP reports that the couple and some of their minor children moved to New Zealand after the charges were filed against them.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/timot...-minnesota-parents-neglect-boys-death-photos/

The question is why did it take almost a YEAR for the Hennipen county attorney’s office to begin investigating the case of the Seth Johnson's death? Seth died in March of 2015 and the investigation did not start until January of 2016.

Last updated 14:59, February 2 2017
The American couple accused of killing their 7-year-old adopted son and fleeing to New Zealand are in Auckland.

Leaders of a church in east Auckland were stunned to hear they have been attending services.

Kevin Robertson, ministry leader at Hillside Community Church in the east Auckland suburb of St Johns, said Tim and Sarah Johnson and their family had been attending the church for a short time.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/890...accused-of-killing-son-worship-in-New-Zealand

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back