1481 users online (403 members and 1078 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    ---Their books and classes that they force their members to take give them nothing of value in the real world if a member wants to leave.

Its not like they can list anything on a resume that they graduated with a college degree or anything. Their teachings are their own and are not recognized by companies so its useless all that training to members that want to leave the group.

They must feel so helpless and feel forced to stay since they have no real skills or training that can help them get a job on the outside world.

Its another form of control the group uses on its members.
    I just wanted to mention that almost everything you are talking about is about Sea Org members and not just average CoS members. An average CoS member would probably have a job in the outside world and would have been trained for it normally, by going to college or learning on the job, and therefore would have skills and a resume to take with them after leaving. It's also true of many Sea Org members, especially if they joined later in life after they had some college/work experience. Also some of them get real world training that "translates" in the outside world. Like the ones who worked for Golden Era Productions, they have tech experience making movies, videos, advertising, music cds etc.

I think the worst part is losing all the people you know and love, your family and friends, and I think that holds people to CoS more than anything. I also think CoS knows that and why they have "Disconnection" as a policy is that it forces people to stay, or at least much longer than they ever wanted to. I can't imagine going off and leaving behind my husband and sons, parents, possibly even aunts, uncles, cousins, your closest friends are probably scientologists so I'd be leaving all them behind too. You're going out into the world completely alone, I couldn't do it. Leah got really lucky that everyone loved her more than they believed in Scientology!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    You may be right that Tom doesn't know, but somebody on one of the episodes said he has to know that the people who clean his house, detail his cars, etc., are all working for less than minimum wage. Obviously, I don't know the man. But it wouldn't surprise me if he justifies the discrepancy by reasoning that the servitude is helping the others "grow".
    He knows. I think his celebrity and especially his celebrity in scientology has gone to his head. He treats people like crap and like they are his slaves. When he says jump they damn well better not only jump but ask how high? I've heard some disturbing and crazy stories about the things he has had peon scientologists do. Like he told Miscavige he wanted to run through a field of flowers with Nicole. Miscavige got a work crew of Sea Org people to dig up a field and plant flowers overnight so that this field would bloom in time for Cruise/Kidman's visit to Int. Base near Hemet CA. Then they changed their minds and so all this overnight work was done for nothing. Then there is the time his niece was caught kissing a boy she liked, she was sent away from home for months for auditing and digging ditches and other hard labor from sun up to sun down. She was like only 14. And then there is the time that the Miscaviges auditioned scientology actresses as the next Mrs. Cruise...yeah you gotta read that one for yourselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3