Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Ohio Judge Has Reputation for Handing Out Unusual Sentences

An Ohio woman will spend a night in the woods without water, food or entertainment as part of her punishment for abandoning 35 kittens.

Painesville Municipal Court Judge Michael A. Cicconetti handed down the sentence on Nov. 17 to Michelle M. Murray, 25. On Sept. 19, park rangers found the kittens abandoned in two parks in Mentor, Ohio. Many of the kittens had upper respiratory infections and nine later died. They were traced back to Murray because they were wearing identification collars.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad she doesn't have to stay there for longer than one night though. :furious: I hope it's below freezing on that night too, with the most miserable conditions possible.

Michelle Murray disappeared into the woods of a snow-swept Lake Metropark Wednesday to spend the night in the cold.

Murray, 26, had been sentenced by Painesville Municipal Judge Michael Cicconetti to stay outside the night before Thanksgiving -- without food, shelter or light -- as penalty for abandoning several dozen kittens in September.

"I don't have warm enough clothes and I'm not even allowed to bring a sleeping bag," Murray said before she began her sentence. "I don't understand how a judge can send me out there to freeze."

But at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Cicconetti had a change of heart.

"I couldn't allow it to go on any further," he said, reached at home Wednesday night. "I did not want to put her health and safety in jeopardy."

Cicconetti said weather forecasts influenced his decision to call Metroparks rangers to have Murray brought inside early. Rangers took her from Concord Woods park to Lake County Jail, said Mark Reid, a field ranger.

Today at 7 a.m., Cicconetti will rule on whether she should fulfill the remainder of her punishment, but Cicconetti said he is sure that Murray learned her lesson.

The National Weather Service predicted a low of 23 degrees and snow accumulations of more than 6 inches in Lake County.

Rangers said there was about an inch of snow on the ground at 10 p.m.
http://www.cleveland.com/lake/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/lake/113282483962541.xml&coll=2

Oh jeez, didn't even follow through with it. :doh: :snooty:

"I don't understand how a judge can send me out there to freeze."

That comment just flies all over me. :furious: I suppose it was ok for her to put the defenseless kittens out to freeze and fend for themselves, but not ok for her? :snooty:

I posted this under "Things that Make You Smile". It made me smile..Yes the Judge cut it short,very cold here in Ohio and a blizzard too. I also liked the one where he made a man stand outside with a pig for referring to a Policeman as a "pig".Our MetroPark system is not where I'd want to spend a night~reaches from Eastside to Westside.Beautiful for picnics and softball.

If I were the judge I would accompany her to the woods in my nice warm toasty vehical and park right infront of her and sip hot cocoa all damn night.

Nore said:
I posted this under "Things that Make You Smile". It made me smile..Yes the Judge cut it short,very cold here in Ohio and a blizzard too. I also liked the one where he made a man stand outside with a pig for referring to a Policeman as a "pig".Our MetroPark system is not where I'd want to spend a night~reaches from Eastside to Westside.Beautiful for picnics and softball.
Nor would I want to walk down the street pulling a donkey and carrying a "new" Christ Child, cuz I was stupid enough to steal it out of the Manger scence at the Parish !

I like Judge Cicconetti. He certainly passes out some deserved, creative sentences, with love !:woohoo:

Linda7NJ said:
If I were the judge I would accompany her to the woods in my nice warm toasty vehical and park right infront of her and sip hot cocoa all damn night.

I like that idea. :cool: :clap:

mysteriew said:
Murray, 26, had been sentenced by Painesville Municipal Judge Michael Cicconetti to stay outside the night before Thanksgiving -- without food, shelter or light -- as penalty for abandoning several dozen kittens in September.

"I don't have warm enough clothes and I'm not even allowed to bring a sleeping bag," Murray said before she began her sentence. "I don't understand how a judge can send me out there to freeze."

But at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Cicconetti had a change of heart.

"I couldn't allow it to go on any further," he said, reached at home Wednesday night. "I did not want to put her health and safety in jeopardy." http://www.cleveland.com/lake/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/lake/113282483962541.xml&coll=2
I love this judge mysterview! It shows he has too much of a heart too by not letting this woman stay out in the cold-"I don't have warm enough clothes and I'm not even allowed to bring a sleeping bag," Murray said before she began her sentence.:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: I'm sure the cats were not properly attended to either. I think she should be pay all expenses for the cats and be forced to donate hours to animal shelters- but first taught how to care for animals properly:mad: .

Hope all had a Happy Gobble Day , as well as the good Judge Cicconetti.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back