1205 users online (230 members and 975 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Orlando Police@OrlandoPolice 1h1 hour ago
    Master Sgt Debra Clayton's funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Orlando. @FirstOrlando

FHP Orlando@FhpOrlando 55m55 minutes ago
    @OrangeCoSheriff : Funeral for DFC Norman Lewis will be on Friday at 11am at First Baptist of Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Orlando Police@OrlandoPolice 1h1 hour ago
    Master Sgt Debra Clayton's funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Orlando. @FirstOrlando

FHP Orlando@FhpOrlando 55m55 minutes ago
    @OrangeCoSheriff : Funeral for DFC Norman Lewis will be on Friday at 11am at First Baptist of Orlando.
    I kinda feel bad for him - the media has given her much more coverage.

Its akin to the voice singer killed before Pulse and Farrah Fawcett dying on the same day (dont remember who )

http://www.wesh.com/article/pregnant...rlando/8497973

Dec 13, 2016

Orange County sheriff's deputies said Sade Dixon, who was three months pregnant, was shot and killed around 9 p.m. after responding to loud banging on the front door.

Orange County Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are looking for Markeith Loyd, 41, in Dixon's murder.

The family said they want law enforcement officers to handle the situation.

"We don't need (anybody) retaliating or making it real for the 'hood, because the 'hood (isn't) going to bring our child back," Daniels said.

The family said their son, who was originally in critical condition, went through surgery and is expected to survive.

http://www.wmur.com/article/hundreds...-death/8582784

Authorities have been searching for Loyd since Dec. 13, when they say he killed Sade Dixon, 24, a mother of two who was three months pregnant when she was fatally shot.

They had been looking for him, it was less then a month before for was spotted at walmart. Lots of times when a suspect is being looked for they do it by looking at places where they are known to frequent or people that they are known to hang out with. It appears someone that knew him or realized it was him from a photo did call the police. jmo

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...109-story.html

The violence started about 7:15 a.m. at the Wal-Mart at John Young Parkway and Princeton Street, when someone spotted Loyd, knew he was wanted for murder and told Orlando police Master Sgt. Debra Clayton, who also happened to be at the store.

She was on the job, in uniform and wearing body armor, Mina said. She called dispatch, then started chasing after Loyd.

A short distance from the Wal-Mart, a captain at the Orange County Sheriff's Office spotted Loyd near Pine Hills Road and North Lane, according to that department.

Loyd pulled into an apartment complex and fired at least once at the deputy, who was in an unmarked SUV. The bullet missed him but hit his SUV.

The suspect then carjacked a vehicle and fled. He abandoned that vehicle near Cinderlane Parkway, officials said.

A massive manhunt for Loyd resulted in two motorcycle crashes by Orange County deputies, one fatal.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    OCSO FL News@OrangeCoSheriff
    I am so surprised that the reward has not helped this.

I must assume he is "hanging" with disenfranchised folks-- so it seems .................

Hey maybe that is loyalty - or fear - but how could it really be fear - like the poster a couple back - you kill a cop the system does give their lives more value - so why not report c ollect your reward - he is not getting out.

BUT what if there is real gang stuff? That would make sense to me

and he certainly is anti-social- that is the only reason I can come up with as to why the reward has not resulted in him being behind bars??

Gang like stuff

I am glad they made it clear you are helping him you will be charged- and I kinda think that the folks who are - were not aware of that!

But still nothing

With all the eyes, and a lot of other people other than actual LE think that killing a cop is different than a citizen (no)

May be out of the area?

Dead?

He has to be with other people tho. Living requires you go out (just like the beginning of this whole mess - Wal Mart )

OR is it hostages? He certainly is a very foul person??

Does anyone know the flavor of the drug stuff - like which drugs?

He is however, IMO very dangerous , his history proves that

But unlike some other posters, I am not sure if not dead- there is a difference- between killing your gfriend (in the system only) not really ---but --even he knows how the system reacts to killing a cop.

So he has got two murder charges on him - he serve some time so why not kill yourself -- he got his goal to be on a really wanted list ??

I do not know

Plese do not sleuth the social media of perp's family and friends. They have been accused of nothing by LE and therefore are considered off limits. thank you.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I am astounded all states do not have the same laws as Minnesota. When any emergency vehicle has lights and or sirens, you pull into the right shoulder or as far right as you can and STOP! Big fines if you do not.

I thought tjis sensible law would be everywhere. Do people get to pass stopped school buses as well? No way in MN

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I am astounded all states do not have the same laws as Minnesota. When any emergency vehicle has lights and or sirens, you pull into the right shoulder or as far right as you can and STOP! Big fines if you do not.

I thought tjis sensible law would be everywhere. Do people get to pass stopped school buses as well? No way in MN
    Pretty much the same here. As soon as safely possible.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    Pretty much the same here. As soon as safely possible.
    That is the key that a lot of people dont understand. So many people just immediately freak out when they see flashing lights or hear sirens and then immediately stop in very unsafe road conditions with other people barreling up behind them.

People need to have common sense.

If people would educate themselves more with how to handle emergency vehicles then I do believe we could save lives and prevent severe accidents. Common sense should apply but it tends to go out the window.

Ive been in so many situations where someone totally freaks out and basically slams on their brakes even in heavy fast traffic. I have had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting people that do that and then I almost get rear ended too.

Its not how its supposed to be handled. You are supposed to calmly but quickly move over and stop as soon as its safe to do so. I am pretty sure LE does not want us to wreck someone in the process. LOL

People are so afraid they will be ticketed or something. I can assure you the emergency vehicle is not out to ticket people in those situations. They just want to get where they are going alive and safe.

This is from Ontarios driver handbook. I do see why people get confused. On one hand they say immediately stop but further down we see to take the time you need to do it safely.

Its no wonder people get confused. There is a huge need to have these instructions rewritten to be perfectly clear for people. Some public service announcements would be really good for this.

From the handbook lets look at the contradictions and making it more confusing than it needs to be. How about just saying to use common sense to slow down and stop as quickly and safely as you can. The End.

"When an emergency vehicle is approaching your vehicle from any direction with its flashing red or red and blue lights, or siren or bell sounding, you are required to bring your vehicle to an immediate stop."

"Use extreme caution when stopping your vehicle because other drivers may not yet be aware of or are already reacting to the approaching emergency vehicle
    . Look to the front, both sides and toward the rear of your vehicle, signal your intention to pull over well in advance and begin to adjust your vehicle’s speed to merge with any traffic to the side you are pulling to. Once you have moved your vehicle to the side, brake gradually as required and bring your vehicle to a safe stop. Avoid any sudden changes in direction or excessive braking and be aware of any vehicles approaching fast to the rear of your vehicle."

"If you are in an intersection and preparing to make a turn when an emergency vehicle is approaching, you should abandon the turn and clear the intersection by proceeding straight when safe to do so, then pull to the right and stop."

"React quickly but calmly. Don’t slam on the brakes or pull over suddenly. Use your signals to alert other drivers you intend to pull over."

"Pull to the right and gradually come to a stop."

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...n2.10.11.shtml
    Last edited by Hatfield; 01-10-2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added the link

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    That is the key that a lot of people dont understand. So many people just immediately freak out when they see flashing lights or hear sirens and then immediately stop in very unsafe road conditions with other people barreling up behind them.

People need to have common sense.

If people would educate themselves more with how to handle emergency vehicles then I do believe we could save lives and prevent severe accidents. Common sense should apply but it tends to go out the window.

Ive been in so many situations where someone totally freaks out and basically slams on their brakes even in heavy fast traffic. I have had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting people that do that and then I almost get rear ended too.

Its not how its supposed to be handled. You are supposed to calmly but quickly move over and stop as soon as its safe to do so. I am pretty sure LE does not want us to wreck someone in the process. LOL

People are so afraid they will be ticketed or something. I can assure you the emergency vehicle is not out to ticket people in those situations. They just want to get where they are going alive and safe.

This is from Ontarios driver handbook. I do see why people get confused. On one hand they say immediately stop but further down we see to take the time you need to do it safely.

Its no wonder people get confused. There is a huge need to have these instructions rewritten to be perfectly clear for people. Some public service announcements would be really good for this.

From the handbook lets look at the contradictions and making it more confusing than it needs to be. How about just saying to use common sense to slow down and stop as quickly and safely as you can. The End.

"When an emergency vehicle is approaching your vehicle from any direction with its flashing red or red and blue lights, or siren or bell sounding, you are required to bring your vehicle to an immediate stop."

"Use extreme caution when stopping your vehicle because other drivers may not yet be aware of or are already reacting to the approaching emergency vehicle
    . Look to the front, both sides and toward the rear of your vehicle, signal your intention to pull over well in advance and begin to adjust your vehicle’s speed to merge with any traffic to the side you are pulling to. Once you have moved your vehicle to the side, brake gradually as required and bring your vehicle to a safe stop. Avoid any sudden changes in direction or excessive braking and be aware of any vehicles approaching fast to the rear of your vehicle."

"If you are in an intersection and preparing to make a turn when an emergency vehicle is approaching, you should abandon the turn and clear the intersection by proceeding straight when safe to do so, then pull to the right and stop."

"React quickly but calmly. Don’t slam on the brakes or pull over suddenly. Use your signals to alert other drivers you intend to pull over."

"Pull to the right and gradually come to a stop."

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...n2.10.11.shtml
    They go into detail. Ours is fairly straightforward in the grand scheme of things. I think your idea of an occasional PSA is a good one. You should submit that idea! Here's how ours reads:

When motorists are within 500 feet of an emergency vehicle that is exhibiting an audible siren, whistle or bell and flashing red or blue lights "the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right-of-way, immediately drive to a position parallel to, and as close as possible to, the edge or curb of the highway clear of any intersection, and stop and remain in such a position until the emergency vehicle has passed, except when otherwise directed by a police officer or firefighter."

To have been written by someone in state gov't., I thought they did a fairly good job... There's more to it, such as, if the vehicle is stopped, etc... but that's the basic driving portion. Op had also made mention of us motorcyclists, and traffic, and watching out for others, rather than thinking that anyone watches out for us. That is also what I was taught when I took the training back in the 90s. I ride like I'm invisible to others. It's saved my hide on more than one occasion.
    Last edited by rsd1200; 01-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

ABC News@ABC

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    There is a manhunt for him now because he killed an officer.

Had there been this intense search for him after killing his ex girlfriend, the baby she was carrying, and severely injuring her brother, this officer would not have been shot.

The ex girlfriend was an important person to many. She just didn't have the distinct title of being a member of LE. This always happens, when an officer is killed in the line of duty, finding the offender is a manhunt! What if the same amount of energy and number of LE had looked for ML in Dec when he first committed that murder?

<modsnip>
    There is a reason why a strong LE response is given when one is shot and killed in the line of duty.These brave men and women go out every day putting their lives on the line to catch robbers,rapists and killers who do not want to be caught.They do this every day to protect the rest of us who do not break laws.They have a greater chance of being gunned down everyday at anytime.The possibility of that happening to you or I is far less.The penalty for killing an officer is harsher and if you can kill a cop,no one is safe from you,hence the police reaction.
    Please leave your personal opinions on LE for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post

I believe that is the law in all 50 states, plus most foreign countries where driving is on the right. Though there are slight variations in the laws, but the basic law is the same. In many places varying numbers of drivers, are confused as to what they should do when EVs approach. So compliance with the law is not always great.

I fear enough time has gone by for him to get out of area

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I fear enough time has gone by for him to get out of area
    Me too. This guy is having the time of his life knowing he achieved his goal to be Most Wanted (not sure if he is officially on that list, but ykwim) and is evading LE.

Grrrrrr

Get this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
    Me too. This guy is having the time of his life knowing he achieved his goal to be Most Wanted (not sure if he is officially on that list, but ykwim) and is evading LE.

Grrrrrr

Get this guy!
    He is truly scary- he has been capable of murdering since the 90's that a long time criminal thinking patterns to settle in.

It really would be easier if he killed himself - sounds so awful - he give me the creeps.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast