GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
A 15-year-old girl has been arrested after the death of a seven-year-old girl in York. The younger girl was found with life-threatening injuries near an address in the Woodthorpe area of the city.

She was taken to hospital but died a short time later, North Yorkshire Police said. Inquiries into the circumstances surrounding her death continue, said police

The teenager remains in custody and is being questioned by officers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-38565404

A mother sank to her knees and sobbed yesterday after her seven-year-old daughter was found with fatal injuries.
The youngster was discovered in a grassy alleyway in an affluent suburb of York and later died in hospital. A 15-year-old girl has been arrested.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...h-seven-year-old-girl-York.html#ixzz4VLyvNJqF

Oh goodness Cagney! :( awful, just awful.

I can't even think of a suitable conclusion to jump to, just awful.

Oh wow... I wonder what happened. Did she know the girl, or was this a random thrill-kill?

Seems the little girl was called Katie.

The youngster was discovered in a grassy alleyway in an affluent suburb of York and later died in hospital. A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said officers arrested a teenage girl following the incident, which happened close to a property in Alness Drive, York - a cul-de-sac lined with detached houses.

3C03869B00000578-4103884-image-a-8_1484042265953.jpg

3C039B9A00000578-4103884-image-a-11_1484042934162.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-seven-year-old-girl-York.html#ixzz4VLyvNJqF

Can't see anything hinting at that now? Has it been removed/edited?

Interesting, yes it was in both the headline and the article, but was in " " each time.

So.... either it was totally wrong information, or we're about to hear that the teenager can't be identified for legal reasons.

Interesting, yes it was in both the headline and the article, but was in " " each time.

So.... either it was totally wrong information, or we're about to hear that the teenager can't be identified for legal reasons.
Jeezus! I hope it's not a sibling, just horrific made doubly horrific.

Awful awful news. I'm not sure I'll be able to read about this. It's so upsetting.

My guess is the latter. It sounds like Katies mom was first on the scene, perhaps the 15 year old told her what happened.

Awful, any way you look at it.

This just makes no sense at all. Hope we get some info explaining some of this.

I read the earlier telegraph piece too which said they were sisters. It would make sense given the time of day, perhaps coming home from school. I used to live in woodthorpe. It's not an affluent area as stated in the press but more an average seventies estate of semi detached homes but surrounded by several large council estates. The kids play on the fields at the back

It will be this. I was going to start a thread last night when the news broke but there was so little information I thought it best to wait. This is my side of town, it was pretty much fully dark at 4:30 yesterday, when police were called.

I read the earlier telegraph piece too which said they were sisters. It would make sense given the time of day, perhaps coming home from school. I used to live in woodthorpe. It's not an affluent area as stated in the press but more an average seventies estate of semi detached homes but surrounded by several large council estates. The kids play on the fields at the back

I think it would be considered affluent to some, but yeah it's neither affluent nor rough really, average. When I was first dating my husband he lived in Woodthorpe. I live near the racecourse now.

An accident, a prank gone wrong big age difference at 7 and 15 still only a child and unware to a certain degree of actions and unintended results either way tragic,with the little info given it seems the 15 year old went straight home and told the parents

shocks me to see something like this happening in York, we get a fair amount of river related deaths, but its very rare to hear of children hurt :(

Have only been to York a couple of times (Railway museum) seems a nice place but i guess it can happen anywhere

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back