The Dead: a compendium of deaths in the Arts in 2017

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Singers, writers, musicians, artists, dancers, actors -- that sort of thing.

Guardian:

Peter Sarstedt obituary
Singer-songwriter who topped the charts in
1969 with Where Do You Go to (My Lovely)

[video=youtube;UYx1qhnaaQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYx1qhnaaQ0[/video]

I was just introduced to Onyeabor's music. Great stuff. RIP.

'Perry Mason' actress Barbara Hale dies at 94

[...]

Hale was surrounded by family when she died Thursday at her Los Angeles area home, said Jaqueline Stander, an agent for Hale's son, actor William Katt (The Greatest American Hero, Carrie).

"She was gracious and kind and silly and always fun to be with," Katt posted on his Facebook page Thursday, calling Hale a wonderful actress and a "treasure as a friend and mother."

Stander declined to provide the cause of death.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...son-actress-barbara-hale-dies-at-94/97172794/

Jan 27 2017, 3:52 pm ET

‘Mannix’ Star Mike Connors Dies at 91
by Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Mike Connors, who starred as a hard-hitting private eye on the long-running television series "Mannix," has died. He was 91.

The actor died surrounded by family Thursday afternoon at a Los Angeles hospital from complications of leukemia that had been diagnosed a week earlier, said his son-in-law, Mike Condon.

[...]

Connors and his wife, Mary Lou, were married in 1949 and had two children: a son, Matthew, and a daughter, Dana. Their son, beset by hallucinations starting in his teens, was diagnosed with schizophrenia and before his death lived in a small residential care facility. Connors and his wife championed efforts to erase the stigma of mental illness.

In addition to his wife, daughter and son-in-law, Connors is survived by a granddaughter, Cooper Wills.

cont. at the link

Sad to see no one has continued this thread.

-- 30 --

Mr Tambourine Man, Bruce Langhorn:

Bruce Langhorne, an intuitive guitarist who played a crucial role in the transition from folk music to folk-rock, notably through his work with Bob Dylan, died on Friday at his home in Venice, California. He was 78.

A close friend, Cynthia Riddle, said the cause was kidney failure.

From his pealing lead guitar on “Maggie’s Farm” to his liquid electric guitar lines on “Love Minus Zero/No Limit” and “She Belongs to Me,” Langhorne was best known for his playing on Dylan’s landmark 1965 album, “Bringing It All Back Home.” He also contributed hypnotic countermelodies to tracks like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/m...n-1964-with-a-turkish-drum-arrayed-with-bells

Bruce Langhorne played on some of my favorite songs and albums back in my college days. Such good music memories. I'm glad to learn more about him.

From his pealing lead guitar on “Maggie’s Farm” to his liquid electric guitar lines on “Love Minus Zero/No Limit” and “She Belongs to Me,” Langhorne was best known for his playing on Dylan’s landmark 1965 album, “Bringing It All Back Home.” He also contributed hypnotic countermelodies to tracks like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue.”

<snip>

Besides his work with Dylan — which also included the track “Corinna, Corinna” on the 1963 album “The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan” — Langhorne played electric guitar on influential folk-rock albums like Richard and Mimi Farina’s “Celebrations for a Grey Day” and Joan Baez’s “Farewell, Angelina,” both from 1965.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back