"Golden Girls" Mobbed

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
OldLady.gif

The Barnes and Noble on Sixth Avenue and 22nd Street locked its doors around 11 a.m. yesterday, hoping to stem the crush of spectators. Those who couldn't get in crowded around windows, pushing and pulling for hours in the rain, hoping for just a glimpse of the magic within.

From the outside it looked like Bill Clinton himself might be signing books, or at the very least, a crew of Playboy bunnies posing for pictures with fans.

But the girls that attracted the mob yesterday weren't know for writing books, and they certainly don't pose in bikinis. These girls were the Golden Girls.

The bookstore quickly sold all of its 400 copies of the DVD set, and more than a dozen security guards and staffers were needed to keep order as the slow-moving line of fans snaked through the store.

Thanks Cass for posting this. :blowkiss:

The Golden Girls was one of my all time favourite shows. We do not have cable where we are living now, so I do not get to revisit with the Girls. :(

Estelle Getty was an amazing actress. I loved her in Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, which was panned by the movie critics. What would they know? :hand:

I am going to put this DVD on my Christmas Wish List!!! :)

Shelly Beach said:
Estelle Getty was an amazing actress. I loved her in Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, which was panned by the movie critics. What would they know? :hand:

I am going to put this DVD on my Christmas Wish List!!! :)

I often watch the show if I can catch it. As a little boy, this was also my son's favorite show!

It's a shame as to how ill Estelle has become:
http://www.estellegetty.com/faq.html

Estelle has been living with what was believed to be Parkinson's disease for more than ten years. Her doctors have now diagnosed her condition as Lewy Body Dementia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back