GUILTY UT - Boy, 12, found starved, weighs 30 lbs, Toquerville, 6 Jan 2017

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://abc13.com/news/mom-arrested-after-malnourished-son-found-locked-in-bathroom/1696721/

A Utah mother has been charged with child abuse by authorities who say she locked her 12-year-old son in a filthy bathroom without lights for at least one year, leaving him dangerously malnourished...

Authorities found feces throughout the bathroom, one blanket, a few empty cans of beans and a camera that may have been used to capture what was going on in there, Crouse said. The boy was likely kept in the dark, he said. Investigators found 3 square feet of duct tape mounted on the light switch so it could not be turned on. The door had locks on the outside.

The boy, who was unable to stand on his own and weighed 30 pounds, was taken to a hospital where he is expected to remain for weeks to recover, Crouse said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/1...om-for-at-least-year-maybe-2-mom-charged.html

“The child looked like he was the victim of a concentration camp from World War II,” one official said...

Crouse says seeing the pictures of the gaunt boy and the feces-filled bathroom was horrible.

Brandy Jaynes, 36, was charged with second-degree felony child abuse after the boy’s father found him emaciated in his Tocqueville, Utah, home.

How could that poor child still be alive only weighing 30 lbs.? My god sick people in this world! imo

If duplicate pls advise TIA!

[FONT=&amp]“It is one of the most horrible things Ive ever had to see,” Crouse said. “I wish I could unsee it.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] duct tape mounted on the light switch

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]few empty cans of beans

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]12-year-old -[/FONT][FONT=&amp]weighed 30 pounds

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]unable to stand[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]feces throughout

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]a camera
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
http://kxan.com/2017/01/11/woman-arrested-after-locking-son-in-bathroom-for-at-least-1-year-with-little-food/

This 'mother' had been identified. I hope all 3 children are able to find the love, support, & encouragement that they deserve and need to thrive.

Two other children were also found living in the home with the boy’s mother, 36-year-old Brandy Jaynes, but they were healthy, according to Crouse. They said they hadn’t spoken to their brother through the door in six months, Crouse said. He declined to give their ages, but said one was old enough to understand things.

Jaynes was charged Monday with felony child abuse.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/utah-mo...locked-emaciated-boy-in-bathroom-for-2-years/

That poor child. Absolutely horrible.

Thinking of this young boy and hoping that he can recover from these horrors physically and emotionally. I hope also that he finds someone wonderful to care for him.

Those poor children :( I wonder where dad has been the past year? And what that poor boy ever did for mom to think he "deserved" to be treated like that.

Ugh this is beyond child abuse - I hope they can consider attempted murder. She deserves to be in solitary for a year or 30 before the firing squad finishes the job.

Ugh this is beyond child abuse - I hope they can consider attempted murder. She deserves to be in solitary for a year or 30 before the firing squad finishes the job.

Whats crazy is that no prison in America has conditions like the ones she subjected her son to. If she spent years in solitary it would be heaven compared to what her child went through.

People go insane in solitary. Full grown adults. And this little boy experienced much worse and some are saying it actually went on for two years. I don't expect this poor child to be able to recover mentally. Kids are not resilient as everyone always says. In fact, they are particularly sensitive to mental health issues as a result of trauma and abuse.

What makes a parent enjoy torture? What makes them decide to turn one of their kids into a play thing that they get sick pleasure from slowly destroying?

She had cameras and microphones "to give him instructions" and taped shut the lights and taped over the drains. Wtf. She enjoyed treating her child far worse than we've treated any prisoner at Guantanamo Bay.

If she gets anything less than life in prison we've failed as a society.

Wow. Sickening. I am waiting to hear this child was non verbal and had some kind of disability. The other 2 were healthy so that's where my mind is going with this. How awful. That poor boy. Sick for all those children. And WTF Dad????

Where has dad been?

The mother lived with the three children, the father did not live with them - either separated or divorced,
The father arrived in time to save the poor child. Give him the credit for that.
The other children must have been terrified of their mother, remember they knew the older boy was in there suffering like that and they said they hadn't talked to him through the closed door for more than six months. That indicates they were very fearful of their mother, and also fearful for themselves.
The older boy has obviously suffered the most, but the two younger siblings have also suffered terribly, knowing that if they put a foot wrong that would be their fate also.

What a terrible terrible thing to do to anyone let alone your own child. :(

I hope this boy can recover. So glad the father turned up in time.

Was he not enrolled in any school? Homeschooling? I've seen it here so often mentioned in cases of child abuse.

Oh my God. This child weighed the same as my 3 year old. Heartbreaking. :(

Scapegoating of this child? Different father than siblings perhaps? Something caused this awful woman to single this poor child out for horrendous abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back