TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

NEW DOC
FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

A member was kind enough to seek out and share this probable cause statement regarding the warrant for Missy's Facebook account. A person is named in full in that document as someone LE wanted more information about Missy's interactions with. That individual's initials are CW. We will continue to call that individual by their initials and not use their name in our discussions.

A reminder that this warrant was obtained in the early days of the investigation and since that time LE has stated "We didn't glean anything of significant evidentiary value from the execution of the warrants,"

If a member obtained it from the court record others can and will. Therefore we are making it available for our members but caution you to keep the above statement in mind when reading and making reference to it.

The Latest

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
by Alan Duke, Reporter & 'Crime Stories With Nancy Grace' Co-host
January 10, 2017

Snip:
"While sources tell us the silence is a intended to slow the “crazies” whose speculation and leads have distracted them, other reasons may also explain the strategy. There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says.

Although Crime Online has been told the name of this “person of interest” by a source, we will not publish it until police confirm it on the record.
A woman arriving for the “Camp Gladiators” work out found Bevers dead inside the church about 45 minutes later. Midlothian police received a 911 call reporting the discovery at 5:06 a.m.

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

I think the NYPD brought in the terrorist stingray equipment to help catch Missy killer.

Now I think the stingray isolates phone pings to correspond with the areas in question.

But it narrows down by the time spent in said areas I think.

So lets say 200 phones passed the church. But only several showed pinging in the immediate area for hours.

Now of course you have to eliminate those whom live in the vacinity. But you narrow down the numbers by who's phone was on the move after the murder.

So my guess is that the stingray concentrated on the numbers that popped up around 2am or so and then left the area around 5am or so.

Plus they probably cross referenced to see if that phone ever pinged around Missys house that weekend. Or if that number ever corresponded with Missy or anyone related to Missy.

Anyways. My point is that if the NYPD stingray was brought in; Then I am sure that the algorithmic technology should have helped narrow some phone pings down for the most part. Jmo.

Also the perp could have used a burner. But imo. They also could have used that burner phone to call other people that don't have burner phones.

So imo, They still would be trackable. But it takes time. Jmo

I think the NYPD brought in the terrorist stingray equipment to help catch Missy killer.

Now I think the stingray isolates phone pings to correspond with the areas in question.

So lets say 200 phones passed the church. But only several showed pinging in the immediate area for hours.

Now of course you have to eliminate those whom live in the vacinity. But you narrow down the numbers by who's phone was on the move after the murder.

So my guess is that the stingray concentrated on the numbers that popped up around 2am or so and then left the area around 5am or so.

Plus they probably cross referenced to see if that phone ever pinged around Missys house that weekend. Or if that number ever corresponded with Missy or anyone related to Missy.

Anyways. My point is that if the NYPD stingray was brought in; Then I am sure that the algorithmic technology should have helped narrow some phone pings down for the most part. Jmo.

Also the perp could have used a burner. But imo. They also could have used that burner phone to call other people that don't have burner phones.

Hopefully the perp was dumb enough to bring a phone at all.

Lets face it.

It was a quiet night and there are no logs that show where any of the working officers were patrolling that quiet night. Jmo.

Now I'm sure some cops may just post in areas and wait for dispatch to call. Especially on a quiet night.

Plus how many cops were actually patrolling that rainy night in the country areas?

Because I would think that they focus more on the residential areas. Jmo.

So imo. The perp knew that the cops would not focus on that quiet part unless alarms went off. Jmo.

Because the perp was just too nonchalantly walking around that church without a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
What are your thoughts as to why SWFA deleted their response to a question? TIA
Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
I think they want the case to continue being publicized. But they want to be subtle about it so as not to create enemies in LE. So rather than respond to specific questions on YouTube, they'd rather just post the video and then step back from it

:thinking: but they didn't just post and step back. It was orig posted Dec 5, 2016, and We found/posted it here early morning of Dec 30th (only had 20-25 views currently 14,206), They were fast (on Jan 4th * 5th) to answer and the conformation of having more video (grainy) and that did on own then to delete was strange to me JMHO Not sure how long it stayed up but from just my SS it was more than a day on first reply and next day replied again.
ETA thanks for your thoughts

WHAT CAN STINGRAY EQUIPMENT DO?

Stingrays are in use by both local and federal law enforcement agencies nationwide. The devices determine a target phone’s location by spoofing or simulating a cell tower, and mobile phones in range of the stingray connect to it and exchange data with it as they would with a real cell tower. Once deployed, the devices intercept data from the target phone along with information from other phones within the vicinity—up to and including full calls and text messages.

I agree with you but doesnt the Stingray device only look at calls after the stingray was put in place.

So if LE did not put it in place until well after the murder then they only could be looking to see if someone related to the crime was back in the area and maybe talking about the crime.

Its not like they could analyze any calls from the night of the murder with the Stingray because they would not have started to use it until after the murder.

Maybe they suspected someone that goes to that church for any reason like the workouts or other reasons would show up there and end up talking about their crime and LE wanted to intercept the call and analyze it.

If they did that then I understand why they did it. They may think the killer ends up going to functions there at the church and maybe would slip up and talk about the murder on their phone. Or they may suspect someone at the church knows who the killer is and would talk about it.

I do think the stingrays are pretty slick and they can probably hear live conversations through it because they are basically a fake cell phone tower and they intercept the call and do whatever they want with the call and then transfer the call to the real tower with them right in the middle.

I agree with you but doesnt the Stingray device only look at calls after the stingray was put in place.

So if LE did not put it in place until well after the murder then they only could be looking to see if someone related to the crime was back in the area and maybe talking about the crime.

Its not like they could analyze any calls from the night of the murder with the Stingray because they would not have started to use it until after the murder.

Maybe they suspected someone that goes to that church for any reason like the workouts or other reasons would show up there and end up talking about their crime and LE wanted to intercept the call and analyze it.

If they did that then I understand why they did it. They may think the killer ends up going to functions there at the church and maybe would slip up and talk about the murder on their phone. Or they may suspect someone at the church knows who the killer is and would talk about it.

I do think the stingrays are pretty slick and they can probably hear live conversations through it because they are basically a fake cell phone tower and they intercept the call and do whatever they want with the call and then transfer the call to the real tower with them right in the middle.

MIDLOTHIAN (CBS11 NEWS) – Police sources have told CBS11 they are relying heavily on the New York Police Department, and its high-tech tracking devices, to help them solve the murder of a popular fitness instructor.

Experts with the NYPD were brought in to help analyze the “pings” from cell towers, in hopes of finding the “electronic footprint” of Missy Bevers’ killer in the early hours of April 18.

Sources say they hope the killer, dressed in police gear, had an active phone that sent signals to surrounding cell towers as he – or she – confronted Bevers with a hammer.

Those signals could then draw a blueprint leading back to the attacker’s identity, investigators told CBS11.

They said no one is better at doing that than the NYPD. They have been known to use sophisticated tracking devices called “Stingrays.” According to the American Civil Liberties Union, since 2008 the NYPD has used the technology in about 1000 cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbsl...-investigation/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

JMO, but if Altima had phone on them and they got the info from cell towers, they know who the driver wa

:thinking: but they didn't just post and step back. It was orig posted Dec 5, 2016, and We found/posted it here early morning of Dec 30th, They were fast (on Jan 4th * 5th) to answer and the conformation of having more video (grainy) and that did on own then to delete was strange to me JMHO Not sure how long it stayed up but from just my SS it was more than a day on first reply and next day replied again.

I just think that they reconsidered sometime after responding, deciding that it wasn't a good idea. Maybe someone in LE saw it and chewed them out? Or maybe an SWFA manager was the one posting the replies and the owner(s) directed them to stop answering questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly OT but related to Stingrays and cell phone interception

I used to listen to my police scanner pretty often on a friday or saturday night to listen to all the action that LE has to deal with.

Its quite interesting at times and gives us an appreciation of what they have to deal with.

My scanner at the time which I no longer have was a pretty good one and would cover a lot of different frequencies.

Many years ago when cell phones were still becoming a popular thing what would happen is they would end up having the voice part of cell phone calls going across a certain frequency range. Years ago they were not scrambled or encrypted and once a call locked onto a frequency it would stay on that frequency for the duration of the call.

The first time I intercepted one by accident I didnt know what I was hearing. I then realized it was a cell phone call and you could only hear one persons part of the conversation. The scary thing to me was these people had no idea others could hear their conversations. It would stay locked on the single frequency for the whole phone call.

At first I found it rather interesting but you get bored with that pretty quickly so it was more of a novelty than anything else but it was pretty amazing that it happened at all.

What I started to notice was cell phone companies got smarter and smarter about this known problem and what they started to do was scramble the frequencies on a single call. So you may be hearing someone talking but then within about 5 seconds it would stop and if you kept scanning the frequencies you would find that same person again talking on another frequency. It was kind of fun to keep scanning around to try to track someones single phone call. But the novelty wears off quickly as most phone calls are normal people having normal conversations. Its not like you hear the mafia planning a big bank heist LOL

Nowadays I think most cell phone providers have it where the call doesnt even get picked up on regular frequencies. They either scramble them entirely or encrypt the data. The only ones you may hear these days are probably very cheap cell phone company providers. LOL

A cell phone that is powered on will continually ping for towers, even if it isn't being used to make a call. That's what causes battery drain throughout the day even if you haven't spoken on the phone. Those pings send identifying information to the cell tower. It is that information a stingray captures.
So, say the tower dump gave LE the digital footprint of a burner phone. If the burner phone was turned on and in range of the stingray, they could match the footprint and then trap any calls, texts, etc. I'm guessing LE took the stingray to the areas where POIs lived/worked to see if they could match any cell from the tower dump to any cell in the vicinity of the POI.

:thinking: but they didn't just post and step back. It was orig posted Dec 5, 2016, and We found/posted it here early morning of Dec 30th, They were fast (on Jan 4th * 5th) to answer and the conformation of having more video (grainy) and that did on own then to delete was strange to me JMHO Not sure how long it stayed up but from just my SS it was more than a day on first reply and next day replied again.

Maybe LE asked SWFA to remove the comments or SWFA removed the comments because they didn't want to draw negative attention from LE.

Could it be that SWFA didn't post the footage until Dec. 5th because they had given it to LE to review and didn't get it back until Dec?

JMO, but if Altima had phone on them and they got the info from cell towers, they know who the driver wa

Time frame for ATT Tower dump was 3-5 a.m. iirc long after the car was at SWFA. JMHO

From Att cell tower dump SW

This court hereby orders AT&T to provide information, facilities, and technical assistance to
provide the Midlothian Police Department (herein-after includes all other persons identified
above) with the following services and information:
1.Provide support to officers of the Midlothian Police Department the technical
assistance necessary to identify the specific cell sites and sectors via which calls can be
facilitated from (Lat. 32.446685/ Long. -96.924077) or described as The Creekside Church,
located at 5401 East U.S Highway 287, Midlothian, Texas, 76065.

2.Once identified, provide the Midlothian Police Department all requested call
detail record information under this order for all cell phone call traffic handled by the specific
cell sites and sector areas determined by AT&T for the period of Monday, April 18, 2016 from
3:00am to 5:00am, such as cell phone numbers and further as more fully described in the
Affidavit.

3.In addition, AT&T shall immediately preserve so-called subscriber registration
information for any and all cell phones in contact with all cell sites and/or towers that could
have sent/received electronic and/or digital signals to/from any subscribed cell phones located
at the above aforementioned latitude/longitude or specified address, as described in the
preceding paragraphs #1 and #2.

4. At a later time, Midlothian Police Department will determine from the list of cell
phone numbers from the AT&T-provided cell site traffic, those that are to be investigated in
more detail, and AT&T shall provide the subscriber information related to or corresponding
with these numbers.

5. AT&T shall further determine from the information and electronic data captured
above, the estimated location of the cell phones transmitting/receiving the electronic or digital
signals, as well as the distances between the cell phones transmitting/receiving the electronic
or digital signals and the latitude/longitude of the Creekside Church as described in paragraph
#1 above.

Signed April 21, 2016 7:03 p.m. (Thursday)

MIDLOTHIAN (CBS11 NEWS) – Police sources have told CBS11 they are relying heavily on the New York Police Department, and its high-tech tracking devices, to help them solve the murder of a popular fitness instructor.

Experts with the NYPD were brought in to help analyze the “pings” from cell towers, in hopes of finding the “electronic footprint” of Missy Bevers’ killer in the early hours of April 18.

Sources say they hope the killer, dressed in police gear, had an active phone that sent signals to surrounding cell towers as he – or she – confronted Bevers with a hammer.

Those signals could then draw a blueprint leading back to the attacker’s identity, investigators told CBS11.

They said no one is better at doing that than the NYPD. They have been known to use sophisticated tracking devices called “Stingrays.” According to the American Civil Liberties Union, since 2008 the NYPD has used the technology in about 1000 cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbsl...-investigation/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

Thanks. This makes more sense now. They brought them in to analyze the pings and do anything else they can do which could have been to also setup a stingray after the fact.

It would have been a smart move to try the stingray since it could be that someone affiliated with the church could maybe know the killer or be the killer themselves like if they went to the fitness workout sessions or something.

I suspect they mainly wanted the NY skills to help analyze any of the pings from that night. I am pretty sure they have tools that makes it easier to analyze all the pings and look for patterns.

Its really amazing and would be an interesting field of work to get into.

Thanks. This makes more sense now. They brought them in to analyze the pings and do anything else they can do which could have been to also setup a stingray after the fact.

It would have been a smart move to try the stingray since it could be that someone affiliated with the church could maybe know the killer or be the killer themselves like if they went to the fitness workout sessions or something.

I suspect they mainly wanted the NY skills to help analyze any of the pings from that night. I am pretty sure they have tools that makes it easier to analyze all the pings and look for patterns.

Its really amazing and would be an interesting field of work to get into.

Agree. It seems like the stingray works best when presently tracking a target number of some one that is presently being targeted and committing a crime.

But I think that it also has the power to backtrack and match possible unknown phones of interest in certain areas within a previous time frame by simply analysing the old pings that have been previously recorded by the cell towers in question. Jmo.

Slightly OT but related to Stingrays and cell phone interception

I used to listen to my police scanner pretty often on a friday or saturday night to listen to all the action that LE has to deal with.

Its quite interesting at times and gives us an appreciation of what they have to deal with.

My scanner at the time which I no longer have was a pretty good one and would cover a lot of different frequencies.

Many years ago when cell phones were still becoming a popular thing what would happen is they would end up having the voice part of cell phone calls going across a certain frequency range. Years ago they were not scrambled or encrypted and once a call locked onto a frequency it would stay on that frequency for the duration of the call.

The first time I intercepted one by accident I didnt know what I was hearing. I then realized it was a cell phone call and you could only hear one persons part of the conversation. The scary thing to me was these people had no idea others could hear their conversations. It would stay locked on the single frequency for the whole phone call.

At first I found it rather interesting but you get bored with that pretty quickly so it was more of a novelty than anything else but it was pretty amazing that it happened at all.

What I started to notice was cell phone companies got smarter and smarter about this known problem and what they started to do was scramble the frequencies on a single call. So you may be hearing someone talking but then within about 5 seconds it would stop and if you kept scanning the frequencies you would find that same person again talking on another frequency. It was kind of fun to keep scanning around to try to track someones single phone call. But the novelty wears off quickly as most phone calls are normal people having normal conversations. Its not like you hear the mafia planning a big bank heist LOL

Nowadays I think most cell phone providers have it where the call doesnt even get picked up on regular frequencies. They either scramble them entirely or encrypt the data. The only ones you may hear these days are probably very cheap cell phone company providers. LOL

It really freaked me out when I started hearing conversations through my attached speaker set connected to the PC.... especially since the volume was turned off. That was several years ago, and only happened for a couple months

Inside Edition
Published on Apr 21, 2016
Cops Pay Close Attention at Mom's Memorial Service Looking for Murder Suspect @ 01:06

[video=youtube;CfRpvZfTG5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRpvZfTG5k[/video]

Someone mentioned the SP may be attempting to set-up others in the nefarious affair and I totally agree. The more POIs the better. SP neatly swept all of the family, lovers, their spouses, campers, church-goers, POLICE, and Altima drivers into the pool of POIs.

There is a serial killer whom you may have not heard of before. Edward Wayne Edwards. The Serial Killer who framed people for his crimes for sixty six years and was never caught for murder.
https://ededwardsserialkiller.wordpress.com/

It really freaked me out when I started hearing conversations through my attached speaker set connected to the PC.... especially since the volume was turned off. That was several years ago, and only happened for a couple months

Lol. I remember the days in 1983 of getting free hbo due to frequencies that were able to pick the channel up from neighborhood complexes. Even if you didn't have cable yourself. Jmo

Time frame for ATT Tower dump was 3-5 a.m. iirc long after the car was at SWFA. JMHO

From Att cell tower dump SW

This court hereby orders AT&T to provide information, facilities, and technical assistance to
provide the Midlothian Police Department (herein-after includes all other persons identified
above) with the following services and information:
1.Provide support to officers of the Midlothian Police Department the technical
assistance necessary to identify the specific cell sites and sectors via which calls can be
facilitated from (Lat. 32.446685/ Long. -96.924077) or described as The Creekside Church,
located at 5401 East U.S Highway 287, Midlothian, Texas, 76065.

2.Once identified, provide the Midlothian Police Department all requested call
detail record information under this order for all cell phone call traffic handled by the specific
cell sites and sector areas determined by AT&T for the period of Monday, April 18, 2016 from
3:00am to 5:00am, such as cell phone numbers and further as more fully described in the
Affidavit.

3.In addition, AT&T shall immediately preserve so-called subscriber registration
information for any and all cell phones in contact with all cell sites and/or towers that could
have sent/received electronic and/or digital signals to/from any subscribed cell phones located
at the above aforementioned latitude/longitude or specified address, as described in the
preceding paragraphs #1 and #2.

4. At a later time, Midlothian Police Department will determine from the list of cell
phone numbers from the AT&T-provided cell site traffic, those that are to be investigated in
more detail, and AT&T shall provide the subscriber information related to or corresponding
with these numbers.

5. AT&T shall further determine from the information and electronic data captured
above, the estimated location of the cell phones transmitting/receiving the electronic or digital
signals, as well as the distances between the cell phones transmitting/receiving the electronic
or digital signals and the latitude/longitude of the Creekside Church as described in paragraph
#1 above.

Signed April 21, 2016 7:03 p.m. (Thursday)

Thanks...wasn't thinking that through clearly..or at least typing it all out. ADD brain. ;) But if Altima was an accomplice and stayed in the area during the murder, then surely they'd have it if even by process of elimination..but, who knows. For instance if they had someone they thought to look into and noticed pings from the stingray then maybe they could backtrack and put pieces together. Just thinking out loud. JMO and I very well could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member