1268 users online (222 members and 1046 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799

    NY - Lev Boyarsky, 27, Graniteville, 24 Sept 2005

    A Staten Island man on Thursday found a decapitated body in the woods that may belong to the son he's been trying to find for two months, officials said.

    Lev Boyarsky, 27, was last seen on Sept. 24 in Graniteville.

    The body was discovered at about 12:55 p.m. in a wooded area along Forest Hill Road, a few blocks from the Boyarsky home.

    The father recognized the boots on the decomposing body as his son's, according to published reports.
    http://www.wnbc.com/news/5401814/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    OMG, the horror

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    I can't figure out why he was out searching by himself. And they don't mention if a missing person report had been previously filed.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    It was unclear yesterday what had led to Lev Boyarsky's disappearance.

    The police, when announcing he was missing, described his physical condition as good and his mental condition as "fair." Neighbors said that they had often seen him walking outside alone, smoking cigarettes.

    The woods where the body was found are just a few blocks from the Boyarsky home, in the Willowbrook section of Staten Island, on the edge of the campus of the College of Staten Island.

    A woman at Mr. Boyarsky's home said yesterday that she had called newspapers in the city after his disappearance, asking for their help.

    "Nobody did anything," the woman said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/25/ny...fYOfKRbdS2YdxQ

    Lev Boyarsky, 27, of Willowbrook, has been missing since Sept. 24.

    The body was too badly decomposed to be positively identified and the medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.

    The cause of death was not immediately known, but a source said Boyarsky had been taking medication for depression and it's not believed he was the victim of foul play.
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/58045.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    It was unclear yesterday what had led to Lev Boyarsky's disappearance.

    The police, when announcing he was missing, described his physical condition as good and his mental condition as "fair." Neighbors said that they had often seen him walking outside alone, smoking cigarettes.

    The woods where the body was found are just a few blocks from the Boyarsky home, in the Willowbrook section of Staten Island, on the edge of the campus of the College of Staten Island.

    A woman at Mr. Boyarsky's home said yesterday that she had called newspapers in the city after his disappearance, asking for their help.

    "Nobody did anything," the woman said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/25/ny...fYOfKRbdS2YdxQ

    Lev Boyarsky, 27, of Willowbrook, has been missing since Sept. 24.

    The body was too badly decomposed to be positively identified and the medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.

    The cause of death was not immediately known, but a source said Boyarsky had been taking medication for depression and it's not believed he was the victim of foul play.
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/58045.htm
    It says he was DECAPITATED yet no foul play is suspected?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    It says he was DECAPITATED yet no foul play is suspected?
    His body had been lying there decomposing for 2 months. Sadly, exposed like that, it could very well have been animals. They are doing an autopsy, so I guess if there was foul play, it will come out.
    One of the articles I posted, described his mental condition as fair, the neighbors stated he was often seen out walking and smoking, and he was recieving medication for depression.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I can't figure out why he was out searching by himself. And they don't mention if a missing person report had been previously filed.
    yeah it's kind of odd how he just found him there two weeks later...
    did he check that area first?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806
    My sister lives 5 minutes from where the body was found.
    I know that area very well, and I don't see why anyone would be walking
    in the small wooded area where the body was found.

    Something seems odd about this.