LA LA - Lucy Heard, 36, New Orleans, 1 Jan 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
NOPD looking for woman missing since New Year’s Day
lucy-heard.jpg

The NOPD is looking for a missing woman last seen on New Year’s Day.

http://wgno.com/2017/01/12/nopd-looking-for-woman-missing-since-new-years-day/

I am so confused by the lack of attention, news, searches, "missing" pages and information on this case. I am a local and it is so bizarre. I knew her many years ago but haven't seen her in years.

I am so confused by the lack of attention, news, searches, "missing" pages and information on this case. I am a local and it is so bizarre. I knew her many years ago but haven't seen her in years.

So nothing is being said locally? Does she have family?

Welcome NolaHeart. I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy being missing but glad you are here. Can you tell us a little about Lucy please, if you are able. Maybe a bit of background info will help us sleuth her case.

So nothing is being said locally? Does she have family?

Sorry to quote myself, but I did see where a cousin had shared her missing poster when she first went missing.

There really isn't much info about her - at all - out there.

From following many missing persons cases here on WS, I've noticed that New Orleans in general and the NOPD are notoriously horrible when it comes to providing updates on missing persons cases. I am quite sure that many of their missing have been located, however, no updates were ever provided.

There have also been a few bungled missing person investigations from New Orleans that come to mind. The most notable, in my mind at least, being the disappearance and death of Shade Sanguis. (http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-la-man-unidentified-morgue-5-weeks-article-1.2458397)

That doesn't really help us much in regards to Lucy's case though, just an observation.

From following many missing persons cases here on WS, I've noticed that New Orleans in general and the NOPD are notoriously horrible when it comes to providing updates on missing persons cases. I am quite sure that many of their missing have been located, however, no updates were ever provided.

There have also been a few bungled missing person investigations from New Orleans that come to mind. The most notable, in my mind at least, being the disappearance and death of Shade Sanguis. (http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-la-man-unidentified-morgue-5-weeks-article-1.2458397)

That doesn't really help us much in regards to Lucy's case though, just an observation.

This is very very very true. They are actually quite good at getting the word out about people missing. They are horrible with follow up. I think partially because many come here, get lost in the sauce and return back home. They might not notify the police they are ok or might notify, but since they have not physically seen them, they can't clear it. I always take a quick look around social media to see if the person is posting or if family members are looking. When family members are going about there business as usual, I usually assume it is no longer urgent. Thanks for pointing that out! It is definitely a pet peeve of mine. The actual missing get lost in the mix of the many who have gone "missing", if only just for a moment of fun!

I have tried getting in touch with NOPD 5th District multiple times with no luck. As of two days ago, it was confirmed that Lucy is still missing (according to Lucy's mom). So... please be on the lookout for her!

Re:Nola crime...I hope the attorney general can truly help. He's from my area. He loves attention and has his eyes on being governor.
Not that much of a stretch, BayouBelle. I hope it's not Lucy, but either way, it's a sickening tragedy.

As something of an aside, it will be interesting to see if the City's multi-million dollar public safety/law enforcement initiative has an impact on the out of control crime rate here in NOLA.

Re:Nola crime...I hope the attorney general can truly help. He's from my area. He loves attention and has his eyes on being governor.
Good! If that is what it takes, so be it. He's really putting the screws to Landrieu and the NOPD.

There was one initial "Missing Person" report put out to the local news, and that is it. It had VERY little information. Apparently her mom still lives here. There is no facebook page, no posts, nothing. With so many ways to reach the public these days, I find it so bizarre. Lucy is apparently active online and has a facebook page. (I went to middle school with her but have not had contact in 20 years)

"I have tried getting in touch with NOPD 5th District multiple times with no luck. As of two days ago, it was confirmed that Lucy is still missing (according to Lucy's mom). So... please be on the lookout for her!" -
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the update Belle. I am so sad at the lack of attention, assuming she does want to be found. Do you know if there was a history of this? Any chance Lucy does not want to be found? I only ask because of the lack of public attention/facebook posts/missing page, etc...

( I didn't do this reply right - but I will learn how to do this!)

"I have tried getting in touch with NOPD 5th District multiple times with no luck. As of two days ago, it was confirmed that Lucy is still missing (according to Lucy's mom). So... please be on the lookout for her!" -
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the update Belle. I am so sad at the lack of attention, assuming she does want to be found. Do you know if there was a history of this? Any chance Lucy does not want to be found? I only ask because of the lack of public attention/facebook posts/missing page, etc...

( I didn't do this reply right - but I will learn how to do this!)

I agree. It is quite strange that there has been nothing mentioned anywhere about her missing! Unfortunately, as Kay mentioned earlier, New Orleans is a place where many go "missing" and show back up. The consequence of that is that people who are actually missing need someone who is keeping the police, the public, the community informed that the person is still missing. As you have said, no one seems to be doing that for her. Possibly, her mother doesn't know what to do or believes that once she reported her missing, the police will be actively involved. That is sadly not exactly true. They kind of need some reminders that this person is still missing. She also might think what you said- that she might be voluntarily missing and doesn't want to create a panic, if she is just an adult who decides to do her thing for a while. I am glad someone who knows her is showing interest. It might be a good idea to reach out to her mother and ask her if she needs help or has any information, as you knew her growing up.

And you are doing great! Under each person's posts says reply with quote. If you click that, the original post will show up for you to respond to. I hope that helps.

"Do you know if there was a history of this? Any chance Lucy does not want to be found? I only ask because of the lack of public attention/facebook posts/missing page, etc....")

Not sure NolaHeart - Like you, I went to school with Lucy (high school) but have not had contact with her since. A mutual friend is the one that was able to get in touch with Lucy's mom... I'll see if she can find out more.

In regards to the recovered homicide, that is very sad. Does anyone know if there was a description given for the woman they found??

Not sure NolaHeart - Like you, I went to school with Lucy (high school) but have not had contact with her since. A mutual friend is the one that was able to get in touch with Lucy's mom... I'll see if she can find out more.

In regards to the recovered homicide, that is very sad. Does anyone know if there was a description given for the woman they found??

The only description I've seen is that the woman found is possibly in her 40's. It's not a big stretch between 36 and an estimate of 40's. Hopefully LE has looked into Lucy as a possibility and ruled it out.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/01/stocking_tied_around_neck_of_w.html

Not that much of a stretch, BayouBelle. I hope it's not Lucy, but either way, it's a sickening tragedy.

As something of an aside, it will be interesting to see if the City's multi-million dollar public safety/law enforcement initiative has an impact on the out of control crime rate here in NOLA.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf...y_anno.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home_pop

Woof. I sure do hope so. I work in the service industry and we are having the slowest carnival season in a decade. No one wants to vacation in the murder capital of the US.

Now back to the topic. Have they still not identified the body in Bayou St. John or are they just keeping her name a secret from the journalists?

Lucy is at the bottom of my subscription list. Sadly, I cannot find any updates for her. SIgh...

:bump:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back