1324 users online (355 members and 969 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WI - Christine Rudy, 21, Thorp, 12 Nov 2005 - Pregnant

Pregnant Woman Missing Since November 12th

Posted: Nov 23, 2005

Christine Rudy disappeared on November 12th.
    Officers search for a woman who's six months pregnant. She disappeared after arguing with her husband.

Christine Rudy is from Thorp. The Clark County Sheriff's Department says she was last seen with her husband on November 12th. They were driving along County Road MM, about eight miles south of Stanley. Her husband, Shaun, says they got into an argument and he left her on the side of the road. She hasn't been heard from since. Authorities say Shaun did not report her missing for two days. He was then arrested last week on unrelated charges. The sheriff's department says he is cooperating and is not a suspect at this point.

Christine was last seen wearing jeans, sneakers and a gray sweatshirt. If you have any information that can help, please call 715-743-3157.

Photo at link:

http://www.wqow.com/news/articles/article_5328.shtml

Pregnant woman in Clark County last seen by husband two weeks ago

Nov. 25, 2005

NEILLSVILLE, Wis. - County sheriff's deputies searching for a pregnant woman last seen about two weeks ago have not ruled out anything in the case and are concerned for her health, a county sheriff's official said Friday.

Christine M. Rudy, 21, of Thorp, was last seen by her husband Shaun Rudy Nov. 12 when he left her along a road during an argument, Clark County Chief Deputy James Backus said Friday. The couple had married in August and she is six months pregnant.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsu...or/13256515.htm
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 11-28-2005 at 06:30 PM.

He may not be a suspect but he is not much of a husband to dump his wife out on the side of the road. Then not report her missing for 2 days.

Did it ever cross his mind how was she going to get home? Who would pick her up? Why she never came home. Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    He may not be a suspect but he is not much of a husband to dump his wife out on the side of the road. Then not report her missing for 2 days.

Did it ever cross his mind how was she going to get home? Who would pick her up? Why she never came home. Yeah right.

His story sounds like a whole bunch of B.S. to me. Sad to say that this will probably turn out to be another story about a husband who decided to get rid of wife and baby for whatever reason and believe that they can get away with it. I hope that she turns up alive and well but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Wow, I just got back from visiting my mom in Neilsville! From what I've seen of Neilsville.....it's sooo heavily wooded! So many side roads that are sooo curvy. There are also Indian Missions out there, I'm not sure if there is a reservation but definitely Missions. Actually my step fathers family grew up there and they were talking about all the unsolved homicides in that area, some are worse than I've even read here. I'm not sure if my mom's in Clark County or Jackson county but the area scares me b/c it's way out in the boonies, although I'm sure there are regular non-wooded areas. I'll have to ask my mom if she's heard anything, if she has I'll let you know.

Mother Talks about Missing Daughter

Nov 25, 2005

Carol Lee says she misses her daughter and wants her home. Christine Rudy has been missing since November 12th.

Christine is six months pregnant and was last seen with her husband, Shaun, on County Road MM near Stanley.

Carol Lee told News 18 on Friday that she doesn't know what happened to her daughter. She says she's been crying every day since Christine disappeared. She says she's not sure what to think of her son-in-law, Shaun.

The Clark County Sheriff's Department says Shaun Rudy waited two days to report her missing. Last week, he was arrested on unrelated charges. Authorities say he is cooperating and not a suspect at this point.

If you have any information that can help in the search, please call the Clark County Sheriff's Department at (715) 743-3157.

http://www.wqow.com/news/articles/article_5341.shtml

Sorry, hubby, but we've all heard this one before. "Officer, we got into a fight and she told me to let her out of the car. She just never came home."

Yeah right. Get an original story next time. Oh wait, you'll be going to prison.....

caution?

Maybe we should not rush to judgement on the husband. Yes, I agree that his story sounds bad on the surface but I am reminded of a documentary I watched about a serial killer who got one of his victems in about the same way as this happened. A woman had an argument with her husband and was out on the road by herself. It was her last argument. I forgot the serial killers name but he was already executed. The point of this story being that without more evidence there is always the slight possibility that the husband is innocent.

People of Thorp have more questions than answers so far

Sat, Nov 26, 2005

THORP - Two weeks after a pregnant 21-year-old woman went missing, a cloud of uncertainty hangs over her community.

Christine Rudy, 21, was last seen Nov. 12 in the Clark/Eau Claire County Forest area, possibly along Highway MM, according to the Clark County Sheriff's Department.

Her husband, Shaun Rudy, 23, left her along the road during an argument, he told police. He reported her disappearance Nov. 14 to the Thorp Police Department, and they asked the sheriff's department to assist last weekend.

Gary Turenne, who lives in the upper apartment on West Main Street above a plumbing and heating business next to the one occupied by the Rudys, called them "real nice people, very friendly."
    He said armed officers who didn't identify themselves to him were at the Rudys' place the evening of Nov. 19. Turenne stepped outside his door to see what was happening.

"I said, 'What's going on here?'" Turenne said.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

http://www.wisinfo.com/newsherald/mnhlocal...592961856.shtml
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 11-28-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Another pregnant woman missing

We know how these usually go

http://www.wisinfo.com/dailytribune/...37001501.shtml

Anyone who may have seen Christine Rudy or a vehicle described as a dark green, four-door, 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with Wisconsin license plates TFR-257 should call the Clark County Sheriff's Department, 800-743-2420.

Christine is a white female, 5 foot 4 inches tall, weighs about 145 pounds, has blue eyes and blonde hair and was last seen wearing a gray zip-up warm-up jacket, blue jeans and tennis shoes, according to the Clark County Sheriff's department.

Shaun Rudy remains in Clark County Jail after being arrested Nov. 18 in Thorp on unrelated charges of possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He has a history of drug paraphernalia charges, according to online court records, and he pleaded no contest to delivering methamphetamine in July 2002.

Hubby is a felon, as I'm sure you all read. Sorry - the story is just WAY too common.

His criminal activities include:
    *pled guilty to burglary in 2000, served 6 months in jail, then got his suspended sentence revoked in 2002 and was sentenced to a further 2 years 6 months in jail.
    *Pled guilty in 2002 to manufacture/dealing meth (which would have triggered the revocation as well) Several uncharged burglaries were read-in and included restitution to the businesses.
    *Previous wife divorced him while he was in prison.

It appears based on the gap in his record that he had recently been released from prison, must have had just enough time to impregnate, then marry Christine.

As a general personal safety tip, I would recommend not getting pregnant by, and then marrying convicted felons who rob and deal drugs.

That sounds like good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pook
    Anyone who may have seen Christine Rudy or a vehicle described as a dark green, four-door, 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with Wisconsin license plates TFR-257 should call the Clark County Sheriff's Department, 800-743-2420.
    I wonder whose car this is? Anyone know?

Hoppy

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast