802 users online (118 members and 684 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910

    The Years After The Murder

    I have been wondering what security measures the Ramsey's have taken after the "kidnapping" & brutal murder of their daughter. IMO Having your family targeted by a ...still at large, sadistic, murdering, vendetta consumed madman would pretty much guarantee extreme security measures.

    I would imagine, psychologically speaking, the fear of having the same done to your sons would consume a parent.

    So what did the Ramsey's do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I have been wondering what security measures the Ramsey's have taken after the "kidnapping" & brutal murder of their daughter. IMO Having your family targeted by a ...still at large, sadistic, murdering, vendetta consumed madman would pretty much guarantee extreme security measures.

    I would imagine, psychologically speaking, the fear of having the same done to your sons would consume a parent.

    So what did the Ramsey's do?
    Hmmm, let us see. Just what did the Ramseys do? Well, in the Ramsey book Death of Innocence, Patsy says that she was concerned for her own safety, so she insisted on having an alarm system installed at the Charlevoix house. She also insisted that a friend in Charlevoix check the house for intruders when she was staying there by herself because she was too afraid.

    Whoops, that sure was a big act for the benefit of others and not out of real fear. Because then Patsy says that she let Burke answer the door to a complete stranger, the famous Man In A Wheelchair whom John and Patsy subsequently say worried them with how unsavory and frightening he made them feel.

    Let me repeat that. John and Patsy say they were afraid of intruders after JonBenet's death, but they let ten-year-old Burke answer the door, with a stranger on the other side, by himself, thus risking their son's kidnapping and/or death on the spot.

    It speaks volumes of how much they pretended to be concerned about safety, but in real life knew that JonBenet's killer was not going to hurt their son.

    When John and Patsy bought their new house in Vinings, Georgia, in 1997, John says they equipped it with "the best" security; alarms, security cameras, a locked gate to the driveway, and they bought a dog. In DOI, John then described how the alarm went off one day, but there was no response from police. Curious, then. You would think, as a smart and frightened consumer of the companies that sold him all this security, that he would complain about how he was ripped off, and more importantly, he would correct the problem immediately, and install better security measures. But not our John and Patsy. No, no. Apparently, they just shrugged their shoulders and gave a wee sigh of "Eh, what can you do." Because in 2001, John claims a tall black man broke into the same house, stole some property, and locked John in a bathroom.

    Where were "the best" security measures during this break-in? Apparently, the security cameras John and Patsy thought would be so useful to protect them from intruders were not installed after all. There was no dog to either protect them or even to alert them. The supposed intruder drove his own car into the driveway, so what happened to locking the expensive driveway gate to prevent exactly that from happening? For that matter, if John was really so worried about a genuine intruder kidnapping and/or killing himself or his family, why did he not even BOTHER to memorize the license plate number of an intruder's car in his own driveway, at a time when he knew the car did not belong there, and he was of sound mind and body?

    It is always said that you can judge a person's nature not by what they say they do, but by what they actually do. John and Patsy talk a good game about being worried that JonBenet's killer is still roaming free, but their actions betray the fact that they do nothing to really protect themselves from the person they say killed her. And a reasonable person can believe that this is because they know who killed her, and are not worried about being killed themselves by that person.
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    37
    Why_nutt, do you remember how the Ramseys Georgia home was broken into? Do you know what the buglar took?

    Thanks,

    Summer
    http://www.lousmit.com
    http://www.hometown.aol.com/summergirls0323/jonbenetramseypageindex.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    They think some weapons were missing from John's gun vault and some of Patsy's K mart jewellery was missing.
    Edit to add, I think John's wallet and a computer were taken also, but I'm not 100% sure about that, maybe someone else can verify that for us.
    Last edited by narlacat; 11-26-2005 at 09:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pa, USA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by why_nutt
    Hmmm, let us see. Just what did the Ramseys do? Well, in the Ramsey book Death of Innocence, Patsy says that she was concerned for her own safety, so she insisted on having an alarm system installed at the Charlevoix house. She also insisted that a friend in Charlevoix check the house for intruders when she was staying there by herself because she was too afraid.

    Whoops, that sure was a big act for the benefit of others and not out of real fear. Because then Patsy says that she let Burke answer the door to a complete stranger, the famous Man In A Wheelchair whom John and Patsy subsequently say worried them with how unsavory and frightening he made them feel.

    Let me repeat that. John and Patsy say they were afraid of intruders after JonBenet's death, but they let ten-year-old Burke answer the door, with a stranger on the other side, by himself, thus risking their son's kidnapping and/or death on the spot.

    It speaks volumes of how much they pretended to be concerned about safety, but in real life knew that JonBenet's killer was not going to hurt their son.

    When John and Patsy bought their new house in Vinings, Georgia, in 1997, John says they equipped it with "the best" security; alarms, security cameras, a locked gate to the driveway, and they bought a dog. In DOI, John then described how the alarm went off one day, but there was no response from police. Curious, then. You would think, as a smart and frightened consumer of the companies that sold him all this security, that he would complain about how he was ripped off, and more importantly, he would correct the problem immediately, and install better security measures. But not our John and Patsy. No, no. Apparently, they just shrugged their shoulders and gave a wee sigh of "Eh, what can you do." Because in 2001, John claims a tall black man broke into the same house, stole some property, and locked John in a bathroom.

    Where were "the best" security measures during this break-in? Apparently, the security cameras John and Patsy thought would be so useful to protect them from intruders were not installed after all. There was no dog to either protect them or even to alert them. The supposed intruder drove his own car into the driveway, so what happened to locking the expensive driveway gate to prevent exactly that from happening? For that matter, if John was really so worried about a genuine intruder kidnapping and/or killing himself or his family, why did he not even BOTHER to memorize the license plate number of an intruder's car in his own driveway, at a time when he knew the car did not belong there, and he was of sound mind and body?

    It is always said that you can judge a person's nature not by what they say they do, but by what they actually do. John and Patsy talk a good game about being worried that JonBenet's killer is still roaming free, but their actions betray the fact that they do nothing to really protect themselves from the person they say killed her. And a reasonable person can believe that this is because they know who killed her, and are not worried about being killed themselves by that person.
    Laughable.
    It's just not JBR's killer roaming free.
    Sadly there seem to be many roaming free.
    Just what are they supposed to do?
    Lock themselves away for fear of being attacked?
    Is BR never to open a door again?
    Maybe he should just kill himself and get it over with.
    You cannot live in fear your whole life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,997
    The point is they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
    Above is my opinion only

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    Laughable.
    It's just not JBR's killer roaming free.
    Sadly there seem to be many roaming free.
    Just what are they supposed to do?
    Lock themselves away for fear of being attacked?
    Is BR never to open a door again?
    Maybe he should just kill himself and get it over with.
    You cannot live in fear your whole life.
    Yes, they should have locked themselves away for fear of being attacked. Normal people react by being hyperviligent and paranoid.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    Laughable.
    It's just not JBR's killer roaming free.
    Sadly there seem to be many roaming free.
    Just what are they supposed to do?
    Lock themselves away for fear of being attacked?
    Is BR never to open a door again?
    Maybe he should just kill himself and get it over with.
    You cannot live in fear your whole life.
    I agree we cannot live in fear our whole lives, but if you were a Ramsey and after what happened to their daughter, would you not bother to use your alarm system??
    That doesn't make sense.
    I think the Atlanta break in was a publicity stunt, wasn't that just before John ran for office?
    I will never forget that footage, Patsy Ramsey was smiling and laughing and cosying up to the camera's and I just couldn't work it out. Wasn't this the same press that persecuted them years earlier, why would she be acting like that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    dallas, tx
    Posts
    3,282
    i remember an interview after elizabeth smart was returned home. her family was talking about events of her first night back and one of the family members related that elizabeth was surprised that her "mother let a dog INSIDE the house!" of course this said to me that after their child was abducted from her bed they got a dog that would hopefully sound the alarm if there was an intruder in the house. people who are real victims do take steps so that they will be not victimized again in the same way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    Laughable.
    It's just not JBR's killer roaming free.
    Sadly there seem to be many roaming free.
    Just what are they supposed to do?
    Lock themselves away for fear of being attacked?
    Is BR never to open a door again?
    Maybe he should just kill himself and get it over with.
    You cannot live in fear your whole life.
    Of course not. I bet Mommy and Daddy promised Burke they would not kill him.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    I just don't think they've acted like this was a real kidnapping/murder. They seem to have very little fear of this happening again. They haven't kept up the search for the "real killer", with their foundation and their websites down, no active tipline, just generally behaving through the years as if they know there's no point in continuing the search and don't appear to be all that concerned about a repeat occurrence. The Atlanta break-in...come on. If they had actually had an intruder break in and kill their daughter, they would have had security so tight at their next place that never would have happened. And I just can't get over the fact that the entire crime was so incredibly bizarre, things just didn't add up, and the investigation was nothing but an exercise in demonstrating how crafty, manipulative, indignant, and uncooperative the Ramseys can really be. Other parents of murdered children have not behaved as they have.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Brefie
    The point is they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
    Exactly. Yes, life does go on, but they seem to have done very little to find the killers. In fact, they did very little to even assist the police investigation. It took how long to finally turn over the clothes they were wearing that night...a year or more.

    Yeah, they're just like OJ. lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    Of course not. I bet Mommy and Daddy promised Burke they would not kill him.
    LOL

    You know, I remember John making some comment about Burke flipping out (or something along that line) when he turns 40. I'll bet it happens before then. He knows what happened, or he heard more than he said at the time. It will all come out....eventually.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,915
    I wonder how patsy's health is now? I swear i wish there was a break in this case........

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I wonder how patsy's health is now? I swear i wish there was a break in this case........
    I wonder how her health is? A couple of times we've heard how sick she is, and then no other news. I think there will be a break. I still think Burke's going to shed light on what happened...one of these days. I sure hope his college life is going well. I feel so bad for him.



Similar Threads

  1. FL - Executions lag in Slater murder 25 years later
    By Beyond Belief in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 07:54 AM