Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am starting this for a friend who will be joining me here shortly. His 26 year old sister Maricela was shopping with another sister yesterday about 730PM at the Goodwill on Sherman Way in Reseda. The 26 year old, Maricela, stepped out of the store to smoke and when her sister came outside, Maricela was nowhere to be found. The family feels she was abducted. I don't know all the details but I have the police report number and am asking her brother to join us here ASAP. He can give all the information that I don't have. I know it's not much to go on, but I told him that if anyone can help, you guys can.
I have linked the MP resources threads to him and suggested a Facebook missing page, but please...help.
Thank you all.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• maricela.jpg
    maricela.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,171
  • 16105786_10210070507093526_5588518973617954065_n.jpg
    16105786_10210070507093526_5588518973617954065_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,218
http://abc7.com/news/tarzana-woman-vanishes-from-reseda-parking-lot/1702086/

Maricela Garcia's car was still in the parking lot with her purse and cigarettes inside.

"This behavior is completely spontaneous and it's not like her," Sarah Garcia said. "She wouldn't just leave me there. She wouldn't leave her car. It just doesn't make sense."

Sarah Garcia said her sister has a cellphone, but it has been turned off.

Los Angeles police said there was no evidence of foul play in Maricela's disappearance, but stated it's under suspicious circumstances.

I wonder if there have been any other similar cases either in the state or in surrounding states. If so, it might help get some tips to help find her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone suggest anything? Questions? I've mentioned a Facebook page and searches. I've asked about exes and phone pings since she has her phone... Not quite sure how to help my friend other than posting here.

Are there any Surveillance cameras at the Goodwill store? THIs is so scary - I hope she is alright and is found quickly. It sure sounds like an abduction. Hoping for the best.

If the Goodwill is in a strip mall, get all the other businesses to give up their surveillance videos as soon as possible, before they are recorded over. Maybe the girls were being followed.

Also, get flyers up everywhere around that area as soon as possible, while her face is fresh on people's minds.

Where did they stop before that throughout the day? If they were being followed, a person might show up in more than one of the places they were at, and that person would be quite suspect.

Could there be any connection to the girl abducted in Anaheim from a hotel 24 hours earlier?

We are working on a flyer for Maricela at the Missing Pieces Network.

:earth::heartbeat:

Can anyone suggest anything? Questions? I've mentioned a Facebook page and searches. I've asked about exes and phone pings since she has her phone... Not quite sure how to help my friend other than posting here.
where are the keys to the car?

Thank you so much! I know her brother is exhausted but I'll ask him again to check in. There's a lot of questions and I don't have the answers. Thanks for your interest and the flyer will really help!

Yes. They think she was taken pretty much immediately

So scary. I live nearby. I am going to be in that general area and am going to drive by and look at the area later today. I think it is a generally safe, working class area, with lots of businesses and traffic. There are a lot of local gangs around there--but I don't think they do a lot of random abductions.

I'd like to know more about the people she has been hanging around with---any stalkers or ex boyfriends ?

It sounds like if she never made it to the car, that somebody knew she was in the store and was out there waiting for the opportunity to grab her. Most women wouldn't decide to leave on their own without their purse and phone. Just my opinion

I can't help but think of Christopher Wilder who would abduct young women and teenage girls from malls and mall parking lots in 1984 - even in broad daylight. I sure hope this young lady is safe and hasn't fallen victim to someone with bad intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://abc7.com/news/tarzana-woman-vanishes-from-reseda-parking-lot/1702086/

Maricela Garcia's car was still in the parking lot with her purse and cigarettes inside.

"This behavior is completely spontaneous and it's not like her," Sarah Garcia said. "She wouldn't just leave me there. She wouldn't leave her car. It just doesn't make sense."

Sarah Garcia said her sister has a cellphone, but it has been turned off.

Los Angeles police said there was no evidence of foul play in Maricela's disappearance, but stated it's under suspicious circumstances.

I also noted that the article mentions past drug use and having gone missing before. I hope those things in the past aren't a negative influence on LE and their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail