1320 users online (262 members and 1058 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1000
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,414

    MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

    Farmington Hills PD: missing Danielle Stislicki a victim of a crime
    DEC 19 2016


    More than two weeks after Danielle Stislicki was reported missing, the Farmington Hills police said that all evidence and information indicates that she is the victim of a crime.

    The Farmington Hills Police Department released a statement Monday saying that investigators have worked tirelessly and have "received extensive assistance and resources from federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies."

    Police said they will not release further information about the case but say they are dedicated to solving it and finding Danielle.

    Reward Reaches $125,000 as Family Pleads for Answers in Danielle Stislicki's Disappearance

    Where is Danielle Stislicki?

    It's a question that has been haunting the minds of the Michigan woman's family and friends for more than a week.

    [...]

    The last time anyone saw Danielle was Friday, December 2. She was last seen leaving her work at MetLife in Southfield, Michigan. The 28-year-old has worked there for nearly a decade, according to her mother Ann. Ann herself has worked at MetLife for more than 25 years, but wasn't in the office that Friday.

    Danielle had set plans to meet a close friend for dinner, but she didn't show.

    [...]

    Anyone with information regarding the case, or who may have seen Danielle or her Jeep on December 2, is urged to call the Farmington Hills Police Department at (248) 871-2610.

    Rules Etiquette & Information

    http://www.finddani.org/

    Find Danielle Stislicki

    Case Map credit to steelman

    WS member cujenn81 timeline of facts

    Verified insiders:
    Holocene

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 01-14-2017 at 11:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,414

    I MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7

    Security guard's home searched in connection with missing Danielle Stislicki of Farmington Hills
    Dec 23, 2016

    BERKELY, Mich. (WXYZ) - A home in Berkley where a security guard lives with his wife has been searched multiple times in connection with the search of missing Danielle Stislicki.

    [...]

    An attorney for the man says, like any other citizen, he has the right to not talk to police and that he has nothing to say to them. He has not been arrested.

    Thursday night, Farmington Hills Police and crime scene investigators returned to the man's home on Oxford where they took a mattress as possible evidence.

    Inside investigation of Danielle Stislicki's mysterious disappearance
    January 11, 2017

    Video at link^

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,414

    I MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,414
    Admin Note

    No sleuthing family members or friends that includes Facebook. What you do on your own time is fine but don't bring it here.

    If your stating facts please remember to provide links from MSM. (mainstream media)

    We sleuth here and have opinions but please consider your thoughts before you hit send.

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by hashbrownz View Post
    Earlier, we were talking about the lack of information on this case. IMO, based on what DS's mom said at the vigil, the family is also being kept in the dark. Around the 15:45 mark of the live stream posted of Thursday's vigil, her mom says, "The police have been very helpful, but they don't have answers." IMO it sounds like police may be at a stand still in their investigation.
    The family has access to her phone records. I believe even a reporter has seen some of them. Yet, there has no been no official release of that information.

    The most helpful thing her family or LE could do, is make a timeline. Something that is based on cold hard facts and gives others a chance to pinpoint their place and time to see if they could have run into her or seen her. I'm pretty sure they have the capability to do this, but haven't.

    If this is one of those crimes, where she was abducted by someone she *didn't* know, then I will be surprised. But, from my standpoint, it does not fit that category at all. There are leads that need to be followed up that unfortunately, the further we move right from the date of her disappearance, we will have less ability to do so in the future.

    She's been gone over a month. I can't express my disappointment at the lack of momentum in solving this case and the trickle of information that has been obtained.

    People are sharing her photo like she's going to show up on a new paper route somewhere. It's not how it works...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    Perhaps pressure will get back to those closer to the case for LE to release more information to the public so we have a better chance at getting back Dani and bringing whoever brought her harm to justice. That's all we can hope for.
    Trust us, we are on thread 8 in 6 weeks. If that's all it took it would have been 6 weeks ago.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    The family has access to her phone records. I believe even a reporter has seen some of them. Yet, there has no been no official release of that information.

    The most helpful thing her family or LE could do, is make a timeline. Something that is based on cold hard facts and gives others a chance to pinpoint their place and time to see if they could have run into her or seen her. I'm pretty sure they have the capability to do this, but haven't.

    If this is one of those crimes, where she was abducted by someone she *didn't* know, then I will be surprised. But, from my standpoint, it does not fit that category at all. There are leads that need to be followed up that unfortunately, the further we move right from the date of her disappearance, we will have less ability to do so in the future.

    She's been gone over a month. I can't express my disappointment at the lack of momentum in solving this case and the trickle of information that has been obtained.

    People are sharing her photo like she's going to show up on a new paper route somewhere. It's not how it works...
    Families in these situations have very little control and they gravitate strongly to the things they can control. Keeping her picture, her personality and her name out in the public gives them the feeling of aiding in her recovery. It keeps pressure on the perp that did it knowing it isn't just going to fade away and it leads to tips for L.e.

    I think until you have walked in those shoes you can't criticize how a family should be acting imo.

    They have done a stellar job, one if the best campaigns I've ever seen...they have been shared almost 5 millions if times in 6 weeks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    388
    To whoever asked better places to put pressure. Facebook pages that have to do with Farmington Hills, local news outlets, you can email news outlets and post to their Facebook pages or articles they run on this story, local government meetings(not sure what they have in Farmington but where I'm at we have public meetings).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    113
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...n-80-new-buses

    If the public transportation was used LE would be able to look at the video from inside the bus. Each bus should have cameras installed. I would think that being a SG one would already be aware of that though.

    ( IMO )

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
    Families in these situations have very little control and they gravitate strongly to the things they can control. Keeping her picture, her personality and her name out in the public gives them the feeling of aiding in her recovery. It keeps pressure on the perp that did it knowing it isn't just going to fade away and it leads to tips for L.e.

    I think until you have walked in those shoes you can't criticize how a family should be acting imo.

    They have done a stellar job, one if the best campaigns I've ever seen...they have been shared almost 5 millions if times in 6 weeks.
    I understand. I'm not criticizing the family for the campaign. I'm criticizing the police for not using the insane amount of eyes on this case as a resource. Simply, calculating the release of information and prioritizing tips based off of it would push this case forward. As it stands, it stands.

    Does that make sense?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    I understand. I'm not criticizing the family for the campaign. I'm criticizing the police for not using the insane amount of eyes on this case as a resource. Simply, calculating the release of information and prioritizing tips based off of it would push this case forward. As it stands, it stands.

    Does that make sense?
    Ok but critiquing the police in THIS forum is not productive. That isn't why people come here. gam has given you a suggestion where that type of rhetoric would be productive.

    You have come to a forum where frustration is already palatable but where they keep trudging thru the muck to make sense or jimmy something loose. We have a VI here that we are very protective of.

    If you want to discuss theories etc, this is the place.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
    Ok but critiquing the police in THIS forum is not productive. That isn't why people come here. gam has given you a suggestion where that type of rhetoric would be productive.

    You have come to a forum where frustration is already palatable but where they keep trudging thru the muck to make sense or jimmy something loose. We have a VI here that we are very protective of.

    If you want to discuss theories etc, this is the place.
    What's your theory?

    Wasn't there some screen grabs of supposed texts by the way?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    The family has access to her phone records. I believe even a reporter has seen some of them. Yet, there has no been no official release of that information.

    The most helpful thing her family or LE could do, is make a timeline. Something that is based on cold hard facts and gives others a chance to pinpoint their place and time to see if they could have run into her or seen her. I'm pretty sure they have the capability to do this, but haven't.

    If this is one of those crimes, where she was abducted by someone she *didn't* know, then I will be surprised. But, from my standpoint, it does not fit that category at all. There are leads that need to be followed up that unfortunately, the further we move right from the date of her disappearance, we will have less ability to do so in the future.

    She's been gone over a month. I can't express my disappointment at the lack of momentum in solving this case and the trickle of information that has been obtained.

    People are sharing her photo like she's going to show up on a new paper route somewhere. It's not how it works...
    I'm all about holding any public official or public department accountable for their positions. But that needs to be done elsewhere and you will need to gather followers to be loud enough for it to have an effect.

    As for the family getting her out in the public on a daily basis with even a few clues is needed. It does bring in tips.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,221
    With all due respect, I have followed quite a few cases here on WS and can only recall 1 in which LE gave more than 1 press conference. They have confirmed things through MSM (mostly after the search was leaked on SM). But IMO, it is NOT uncommon for LE to be tight-lipped. I don't believe this case has gone cold. IIRC, AA (who lives in her complex) has recently received follow-up on a tip that she reported early on. I can only imagine the number of tips LE has had with the sharing of her case through SM. I have no doubt those closest to her have notified investigators of anything they found to be suspicious or off. Many of them are likely following along here. But they aren't sharing details, for the same reason LE isn't (nor would I want them to). Protecting the integrity of this (or any case) will always be paramount to OUR need to know. JMO



    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    The family has access to her phone records. I believe even a reporter has seen some of them. Yet, there has no been no official release of that information.

    The most helpful thing her family or LE could do, is make a timeline. Something that is based on cold hard facts and gives others a chance to pinpoint their place and time to see if they could have run into her or seen her. I'm pretty sure they have the capability to do this, but haven't.

    If this is one of those crimes, where she was abducted by someone she *didn't* know, then I will be surprised. But, from my standpoint, it does not fit that category at all. There are leads that need to be followed up that unfortunately, the further we move right from the date of her disappearance, we will have less ability to do so in the future.

    She's been gone over a month. I can't express my disappointment at the lack of momentum in solving this case and the trickle of information that has been obtained.

    People are sharing her photo like she's going to show up on a new paper route somewhere. It's not how it works...
    Last edited by soanyway; 01-14-2017 at 12:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    I understand. I'm not criticizing the family for the campaign. I'm criticizing the police for not using the insane amount of eyes on this case as a resource. Simply, calculating the release of information and prioritizing tips based off of it would push this case forward. As it stands, it stands.

    Does that make sense?
    I understand your point. There has been a lot of discussion around LE not seeking support from the public for searches, even of personal property. I've also wondered about at least clarification if they have video (or some other evidence) to suspect she was with someone and if so, a description of said person would be helpful if seeking info from the public about possible sightings that evening. That said, someone noted that once more specific info is released, witnesses that come forward may not be taken as seriously by the prosecutor and instead they are hoping witnesses come forward on their own and give the description of a possible poi. Who knows. But, I think we have to hope LE is doing what they can and either have more info they are using to develop an airtight case or they don't have more info and the case is going cold.

    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7
    By Coldpizza in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1007
    Last Post: 01-11-2017, 02:18 PM
  2. MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6
    By Coldpizza in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 909
    Last Post: 01-07-2017, 08:42 PM
  3. MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2
    By Coldpizza in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1087
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 07:25 PM
  4. MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 09:02 PM

Tags for this Thread