KY - Larry, 56, Jesse, 18, & Jolee Taylor, 13, found slain, Whitley Co., 13 Jan 2017 *Arrest*

Fairy1

VOTE!!!
Reaction score
Authorities don’t know why Courtney Taylor apparently shot and killed her husband and two children Friday night at their home near Williamsburg before pointing a gun at a Whitley County Sheriff’s Deputy and being shot twice herself.

Whitley County Sheriff Colan Harrell said late Saturday morning that doctors have given Courtney Taylor a 50-50 chance at survival, and that she was undergoing her second surgery after being shot by one of his deputies.

https://www.thenewsjournal.net/wburg-woman-apparently-shoots-family-later-shot-pointing-gun-deputy/

WTH happened here?

Thanks for the thread Fairy. I was reading about these awful murders earlier in the DM. I wonder WTH was going on. I can't understand how this stuff can happen on such a regular basis anymore. Something was happening in these people's lives - will be interesting to follow but dang, a whole family wiped out.

From your link Fairy:

“Here is what is puzzling. It doesn’t appear that the other two made any movement” after the first victim was shot, Harrell said. “All three of them were under blankets and appeared to have been asleep.”

(I wonder if she drugged everyone?)

ETA: I hope the mom survives so LE can get some answers.

Here we are in a new year and the craziness continues. She had the b***s to kill her family but tried to die suicide by cop? Why kill the children? Jmt

ciao

If they had been dead for several hours prior to police arriving, that would be a very unusaul time for the three victims alreay be in their beds asleep. I am wondering if mom, being an RN, had access to medication that she could have used to "drug" the victims?

Here we are in a new year and the craziness continues. She had the b***s to kill her family but tried to die suicide by cop? Why kill the children? Jmt

ciao

Sounds very similar to the Christy Sheats case here in Texas. Shot and killed the two daughters, tried to kill the husband, then died in suicide by cop.

I think we are likely to find that this woman had mental health issues, just as Christy Sheats did. It's extremely rare for a woman to kill her own daughters. If there were marital troubles, she'd be more likely to kill the hubby and try staging it. But to kill everybody and then die by cop - she had something wrong with her.

If they had been dead for several hours prior to police arriving, that would be a very unusaul time for the three victims alreay be in their beds asleep. I am wondering if mom, being an RN, had access to medication that she could have used to "drug" the victims?
SABBM

Good observation.

And yes , this sounds like the murders carried out by Christy Sheats.
My god what is wrong with people ?
:moo:

I'm not sure where this woman was employed but in today's hospital setting, medications are dispensed by computerized machines and only in the amount needed for the patient who's name the drug is removed under. I believe there are settings where this is not the case. Perhaps doctors offices or clinics.

I'm not sure where this woman was employed but in today's hospital setting, medications are dispensed by computerized machines and only in the amount needed for the patient who's name the drug is removed under. I believe there are settings where this is not the case. Perhaps doctors offices or clinics.
I agree, LDRN. I work mostly in Nursing Homes or Hospice and they are moving to this system as well. Plus, even with the previous system, to get enough to medicate 3 adult-sized people would take some planning and forethought. Or it was something OTC, mixed in a dinner item. Spaghetti sauce or another more mixed food. Casserole?
This woman has some kind of overwhelming problem. RIP to her family.

Sounds like they were killed the previous night.

“He went over there to check on them. No one had heard from there that day,” Harrell said. “He saw a body, left and called 911.”

<snip>

“We don’t know how long they had been dead. It doesn’t appear it was within the immediate time frame,” Harrell said adding that it appeared the victims had been dead a “minimum” of a few hours at that point.

https://www.thenewsjournal.net/wburg-woman-apparently-shoots-family-later-shot-pointing-gun-deputy/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am an ER RN. Our meds are dispensed through a computerized Accudose, but an RN can override the computer. By the time the discrpency would be "caught" and investigated, her horrific crime could have been commited. Of course, depending on timing of the events. Unfortunately, stealing meds is one of the most common RN offenses brought to my state's Board of Nursing for license revocation.

All of my statements are MOO.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Pa...riple-murder-in-Whitley-County-410842305.html

Gerald Mullins is the pastor of Grace Christian Fellowship that meets at the Cumberland Mall in Williamsburg. Mullins says the church was packed on Sunday with grieving members, many of them devastated by the shootings.

"It was a tough day. The toughest of my ministry," Mullins said...

We are told that Courtney Taylor, who was shot after she reportedly raised a gun at a deputy, remains in critical condition at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

Saddens my heart.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Sounds like a strong community.

Sending prayers of love and comfort.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads