1212 users online (194 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Scathing Department of Justice Report on Chicago and Baltimore Policing

Report: Justice Department found constitutional abuses by CPD

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/doj-re...hicago-police/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/13/us/chi...ce-doj-report/

Summary of the 165 page report

https://www.justice.gov/opa/file/925851/download

Entire report

http://apps.npr.org/documents/docume...tment-Findings

Baltimore DOJ report just released as well--FAIL - Baltimore is more willing thus far to address

It is my understanding that Baltimore is willing to do consent decree where the dept is OK with federal monitoring - but the incoming administration is not going to do much.

So here we are.
    Last edited by CARIIS; 01-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.

A whole police department? Not exactly the 'less than 1% bad cops' number that many like to throw around.

A tough reality for many to swallow - but here it is in black and white. So will this be accepted or rejected by the masses?

Many people, might feel that this report was skewed by the politically motivated DOJ. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    A whole police department? Not exactly the 'less than 1% bad cops' number that many like to throw around.

A tough reality for many to swallow - but here it is in black and white. So will this be accepted or rejected by the masses?
    After all the millions they spent to do this- the guy who has been appointed - ain't budgeting for any of this

so its a waste of money and shall continue

sorry to report !!

oh my my read it is is so far more than 1% it is appaling read it in its entirety

the numbers are nothing less than repulsive

read it

do Baltoire one too

as a society y keep ignoring big problems coming - most have no respect for LE any longer, they are randomly shooting them dead , so Le had better find a better way to do this !

sorry the news headlines just say it this

they need to be trained

the fact that they have not stopped this - with endless video - is an indicator of how pathetic it is

their choices

get educated

or risk getting hurt or killed

that is just where it is guys

they just need to be educated - they have a high school education

they need training
    Last edited by CARIIS; 01-16-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Many people, might feel that this report was skewed by the politically motivated DOJ. JMO
    Of course many will choose to see the report as skewed - it avoids the reality of the report.

And if the brutality continues - then what? Who is next in line to blame? Or would a new report be required?

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    After all the millions they spent to do this- the guy who has been appointed - ain't budgeting for any of this

so its a waste of money and shall continue

sorry to report !!
    So it's cheaper to continue to pay the lawsuits? And the funeral costs? And the medical costs for recovery?

And school buses go without seatbelts. And veterans go without treatment for PTSD and other disorders from combat.

This is the part that is skewed imo.

Of course many will choose to see the report as skewed - it avoids the reality of the report.

And if the brutality continues - then what? Who is next in line to blame? Or would a new report be required?
    So it is the officers that are brutal in Chicago? Are the officers shooting 3500 people a year? Or is that the locals doing that? Did the cops shoot 60 people on Christmas weekend? Or was that the locals who did that?

Kind of ironic that the cops are being charged with not 'de-escalating' violence, when they are dealing with some very violent citizens every day.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    oh my my read it is is so far more than 1% it is appaling read it in its entirety

the numbers are nothing less than repulsive

read it

do Baltoire one too

as a society y keep ignoring big problems coming - most have no respect for LE any longer, they are randomly shooting them dead , so Le had better find a better way to do this !

sorry the news headlines just say it this

they need to be trained

the fact that they have not stopped this - with endless video - is an indicator of how pathetic it is

their choices

get educated

or risk getting hurt or killed

that is just where it is guys

they just need to be educated - they have a high school education

they need training
    BBM and UBM - the word 'training' has to go imo.

Just get decent people in the uniform - life is and can be that simple imo.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    So it is the officers that are brutal in Chicago? Are the officers shooting 3500 people a year? Or is that the locals doing that? Did the cops shoot 60 people on Christmas weekend? Or was that the locals who did that?

Kind of ironic that the cops are being charged with not 'de-escalating' violence, when they are dealing with some very violent citizens every day.
    The report is about the cops and their behavior. De-escalating will never be ironic or redundant for that matter - from an LE perspective and job requirement. They can walk away anytime.

To give LE power to run amok has created 50% of the current problem. Jmo.

So it's cheaper to continue to pay the lawsuits? And the funeral costs? And the medical costs for recovery?

And school buses go without seatbelts. And veterans go without treatment for PTSD and other disorders from combat.

This is the part that is skewed imo.
    I so agree!

Apparently ,the dude that is going in office has previously stated that he does not want to pay attn to justice dept reviews of local police racist issues and won't fund help

I think it depends on who you are .

What has amazed me in this mess is that after the first couple of recorded incidents, they kept doing this stuff.

I dont care if I am being recorded kinda stuff. I thought after Freddie they would at least try to be more descreet, but as video after video has demonstrated this stuff is so ingrained that it just keeps going on .

And the courts are reinforcing this ideology. This is very dangerous stuff IMO, the younger generation is more turned off to LE than sthose of us who decades ago who have been harrassed.

But - it has become complete - by that I mean it is encroaching on anarchy- no law and order and its only gonna get worse until THEY change not young people watching this stuff on their phones on all the time.
    I do not understand why their "bosses" don't go into their little roll calls or whatever they are called and order knock it off!

Because they believe its ok too. That IMO, is really bad news

veteran Chicago police officer has been arrested on charges of first-degree murder in the off-duty shooting

Jan. 2, 2017

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ure/ar-AAlXYRy

Chicago police officer accused of having sexual contact with an underage girl has been charged with felony criminal sexual assault,
    Jan 15, 2017

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/chicago-cop-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-off-duty-shooting/ar-AAm00fC