773 users online (93 members and 680 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 997
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,235

    OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

    ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

    Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

    Wednesday, May 4, 2016

    PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

    [...]

    The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
    There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

    Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
    POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE


    link

    The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

    [...]

    Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

    Audio 911 Calls

    PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

    Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16


    MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

    Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

    DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

    Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

    Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

    Rules Etiquette & Information

    CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

    MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

    CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
    Preliminary Autopsy Reports
    Final Autopsy Reports

    source article

    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

    Thread #5
    Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

    Thread #9
    Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

    Thread #13
    Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

    Thread #17
    Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

    Thread #21Thread #22 Thread #23

    Victims


    link

    From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,235
    please continue here
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    766
    IMO, perps waited for HR to have her baby. For this reason, I always thought she is central to this case.

    What is the motivation for targeting a young woman who just gave birth and had relations with 2 or 3 men over the last year?

    Here are two examples of crimes, cold and well planned, with steps taken not to get caught:

    1) Woman desparate for baby fakes pregnancy for months and kills acquaintance for newborn:

    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...aby-police-say

    2) Astronaut woman attacks love triangle rival. How far a jealous woman can go?

    *http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11...tronaut.trial/

    Note that in the Rhoden case: there are two babies under age 1 at HR and HHG.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,499
    I figured that n.o.k. would have to apply for victim's benefits, and that could be true in many cases, however, it would be whoever is seeing to the financial end of the victim's finances, from what I gather. I don't think that GR's family would qualify in OH, though, based on his permanent address and length of time living in OH.

    http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/I...w-address.aspx
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

    (Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    336
    I also believe HR was central to this. Although I admit I go back and forth between this and drug related stuff. However, I've said it before and I think we have to keep remembering, there are 2 children who have not been returned to their families. One I can understand because both parents were killed and there is no one safe enough to return the child to, and one, who for some VERY GOOD REASON, had not been given to her father. I work in the law enforcement field and it is like pulling teeth to have a baby taken from their biological parent. Unless the father is on drugs or something major is wrong, I can't see any reason to not give the baby to her father, unless they think that person is involved in this murder. Somehow, he has got to be suspected of being involved. Of course, we still don't know who he is, so that is another red flag. The dad has to be the answer. I don't even think it's related to the baby or even domestic violence, but maybe the dad or his affiliates had to murder them all for some other reason. The other kids were cleared almost immediately to go to their respective parents. Why not these?
    The only other reason I could think of is if he's on drugs or a convicted sex offender. Otherwise the kids would be with a Gilley family member.
    Maybe Gilley is not the dad. Maybe the dad is someone else.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by jk204 View Post
    IMO, perps waited for HR to have her baby. For this reason, I always thought she is central to this case.

    What is the motivation for targeting a young woman who just gave birth and had relations with 2 or 3 men over the last year?

    Here are two examples of crimes, cold and well planned, with steps taken not to get caught:

    1) Woman desparate for baby fakes pregnancy for months and kills acquaintance for newborn:

    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...aby-police-say

    2) Astronaut woman attacks love triangle rival. How far a jealous woman can go?

    *http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11...tronaut.trial/

    Note that in the Rhoden case: there are two babies under age 1 at HR and HHG.
    It would seem that the birth of HRs baby may have been a factor in the timing. The baby wasn't killed or taken, nor the other two, perhaps the prep had limits. However they left 3 little ones alone for a few hours. This is a bit telling to me at least. Perhaps killers knew BJM would be coming along early in the morning? We know killer knew the victims, had been in homes, and had apparently planned this massacre accordingly right down to the security cameras. I suspect killers knew BJM came every morning. (This I am very skeptical about...her coming every morning...)
    I keep coming back to the full moon being a factor.
    I am of the mindset someone thought KR had a great deal of cash and he was the primary target. He took a while bunch of physical damage including the most shots, a few in other places than the head. Seems to me someone was trying to get him to tell them something, like where his cash was. Everyone else was included in the killing spree because the killer believed they would be able to tell LE who the perps were. This is my opinion and I am sticking with it.
    Last edited by Flatbush; 01-15-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    MOO

    Hurry up and wait....


    Yes, I love Minions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamumbles View Post
    I also believe HR was central to this. Although I admit I go back and forth between this and drug related stuff. However, I've said it before and I think we have to keep remembering, there are 2 children who have not been returned to their families. One I can understand because both parents were killed and there is no one safe enough to return the child to, and one, who for some VERY GOOD REASON, had not been given to her father. I work in the law enforcement field and it is like pulling teeth to have a baby taken from their biological parent. Unless the father is on drugs or something major is wrong, I can't see any reason to not give the baby to her father, unless they think that person is involved in this murder. Somehow, he has got to be suspected of being involved. Of course, we still don't know who he is, so that is another red flag. The dad has to be the answer. I don't even think it's related to the baby or even domestic violence, but maybe the dad or his affiliates had to murder them all for some other reason. The other kids were cleared almost immediately to go to their respective parents. Why not these?
    The only other reason I could think of is if he's on drugs or a convicted sex offender. Otherwise the kids would be with a Gilley family member.
    Maybe Gilley is not the dad. Maybe the dad is someone else.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I agree that LE probably has a good reason to oppose custody requests and keep the proceedings closed.

    There are different scenarios:

    A) The father is not identified

    B) The father is identified but LE is opposed to his custody for some reason as you say.
    - could be CG
    - could be someone else

    C) or LE believes the parents were killed for the babies. In this case, as LE said, the guardians could face a danger:
    - we would think a separated father would be the offender, but not necessarily.

    I think all three theories are possible including (C). I would not exclude that another woman did it. Even if the children were not abducted.

    We don't know who was hoping to gain custody of the children after the crime, at the moment it took place

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamumbles View Post
    I also believe HR was central to this. Although I admit I go back and forth between this and drug related stuff. However, I've said it before and I think we have to keep remembering, there are 2 children who have not been returned to their families. One I can understand because both parents were killed and there is no one safe enough to return the child to, and one, who for some VERY GOOD REASON, had not been given to her father. I work in the law enforcement field and it is like pulling teeth to have a baby taken from their biological parent. Unless the father is on drugs or something major is wrong, I can't see any reason to not give the baby to her father, unless they think that person is involved in this murder. Somehow, he has got to be suspected of being involved. Of course, we still don't know who he is, so that is another red flag. The dad has to be the answer. I don't even think it's related to the baby or even domestic violence, but maybe the dad or his affiliates had to murder them all for some other reason. The other kids were cleared almost immediately to go to their respective parents. Why not these?
    The only other reason I could think of is if he's on drugs or a convicted sex offender. Otherwise the kids would be with a Gilley family member.
    Maybe Gilley is not the dad. Maybe the dad is someone else.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    The other thing about these two children is: They are newborns, one is 5 days, the other is 6 months.

    If my theory is right, these 2 are in danger because they are the babies the woman would wanted.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush View Post
    It would seem that the birth of HRs baby may have been a factor in the timing. The baby wasn't killed or taken, nor the other two, perhaps the prep had limits. However they left 3 little ones alone for a few hours. This is a bit telling to me at least. Perhaps killers knew BJM would be coming along early in the morning? We know killer knew the victims, had been in homes, and had apparently planned this massacre accordingly right down to the security cameras. I suspect killers knew BJM came every morning. (This I am very skeptical about...her coming every morning...)
    I keep coming back to the full moon being a factor.
    I am of the mindset someone thought KR had a great deal of cash and he was the primary target. He took a while bunch of physical damage including the most shots, a few in other places than the head. Seems to me someone was trying to get him to tell them something, like where his cash was. Everyone else was included in the killing spree because the killer believed they would be able to tell LE who the perps were. This is my opinion and I am sticking with it.
    I agree and I am skeptical too

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    766
    One last thing : readers should consider there are several women surrounding the victims before coming to conclusion on the theory above.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,499
    If they were waiting for HR's baby to arrive, then their date of attack had to be somewhat fluid. Based on the ultrasound, that HR sent to CG, her due date would have been 4/29. She delivered nearly two weeks early.

    On another note; I don't know if I'm breaking TOS w/this but I found it very interesting. The individual went to Pike County and interviewed various people, including LM and BJM. Thought I'd share. If it's against TOS, I apologize.

    http://hazlitt.net/murder-union-hill-road
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

    (Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    If they were waiting for HR's baby to arrive, then their date of attack had to be somewhat fluid. Based on the ultrasound, that HR sent to CG, her due date would have been 4/29. She delivered nearly two weeks early.

    On another note; I don't know if I'm breaking TOS w/this but I found it very interesting. The individual went to Pike County and interviewed various people, including LM and BJM. Thought I'd share. If it's against TOS, I apologize.

    http://hazlitt.net/murder-union-hill-road
    Which individual are you referring to? Do you have a reference for the information? Thanks.
    All statements are my opinion only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Which individual are you referring to? Do you have a reference for the information? Thanks.
    The writer of the article, that is linked. Her info is at the bottom of the article. She's a writer and has authored two books.
    Last edited by rsd1200; 01-15-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

    (Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,104
    Wow. Article made me cry. I know life goes on, and people die every day. Such cold heartless people who have the audacity to not give a "F" about the Rhodens, and call them white trash after admitting they didn't even know the people. I guess their day will come. My MIL used to say "every dog has his day". But sometimes waiting for that dog to get bit seems like an eternity!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    331
    I have to admit, I only read about half that piece! I lost interest very quickly when the first several paragraphs were a compilation of older articles and no actual quotes from people being interviewed. When I finally read what "Kyle" had to say, I had a hard time finishing the article! I'm not interested in the slandering of 8 people that are no longer able to defend their own honor! After skimming through the rest of the article, it just sounds over exaggerated and degrading of everyone, not just the Rhodens!

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1021
    Last Post: 09-24-2016, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 1036
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 07:43 PM
  3. Replies: 995
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 05:42 PM
  4. Replies: 1031
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 07:27 AM
  5. Replies: 997
    Last Post: 05-01-2016, 10:35 AM

Tags for this Thread