UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Corrie’s uncle says family’s experts will help police not replace them

09 January 2017

Missing airman Corrie McKeague’s uncle has explained how the family bringing in private experts is to help the police investigation, not start their own.

Speaking on a Facebook Live session on Saturday evening, Tony [W]ringe explained how Suffolk Police had finite resources and other cases, including murders, to investigate so they faced constraints.

[...]

A Just Giving appeal raised more than £52,000 and the family last week announced it had brought in McKenzie Intelligence Services (MIS) who have expertise in data collection, collation and analysis; imagery intelligence; human intelligence; signals intelligence; technical/communications intelligence and surveillance.

Mr Wringe said MIS would be able to bring together the massive amount of data available, ranging from Facebook messages, through CCTV to Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue’s search mapping.

Missing airman Corrie McKeague to become a father, girlfriend reveals

09 January 2017

RAF serviceman Corrie Mckeague - who has been missing for more than three months - is due to become a father, his girlfriend has said.

Speaking to BBC Look East today (January 9), personal trainer April Oliver, 21, from West Norfolk, told how she had become pregnant after a relationship with the 23-year-old, who is from Fife, in Scotland, and stationed with the RAF regiment at RAF Honington in Suffolk

In an interview with BBC Look East, Miss Oliver said she discovered she was pregnant in October - just weeks after Mr Mckeague’s disappearance after a night out in Bury St Edmunds.

[...]

She is expecting their baby to be born in late spring/early summer.

The pair had been together for about five months after meeting on a dating site. Miss Oliver had met his family.

Mr Mckeague did not know about the pregnancy.

Purplepixii's Case Map
MidsummersDay's Timeline
Facebook Live Q&A Discussion Thread

Media Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

SOCIAL MEDIA - FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Please Note:

Corrie's girlfriend is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing. You may discuss what has been published in MSM regarding her, but you may not dig into social media or other pages in an effort to obtain more information and/or photos of her. She is a victim, and the above "victim friendly" rule extends to her.

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. Rumors and gossip are not permitted. When you state something as "fact," you must back it up with a link to an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

Please do not speculate regarding Corrie's sexual preference. There are no known facts to support the suggestion that he is gay or bi-sexual.

As Admin Bessie stated above, the Find Corrie Facebook page is OFF LIMITS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.

You are free to give as much or as little weight as you choose to the information provided by the family via their website http://www.findcorrie.co.uk. What you cannot do, however, is bash them, attack them, or suggest their involvement in Corrie's disappearance. Unless and until LE states otherwise, they are innocent victims who are desperate to find their loved one.

If you feel certain information provided by the family is questionable or contradictory, then please just limit your discussion to information published in MSM and/or provided by LE. Posts bashing or questioning various family statements are not productive. Please keep discussion focused on the topic of this thread - the disappearance of Corrie McKeague.

All previous mod and admin reminders still stand.

Thank you.

The Rules Forum
Etiquette & Information
The Rules - Social Media

I think purplepixii might have been misunderstood. I think he/she meant that people would have smelt the decomposing body long ago if Corrie were in the horseshoe general area. However, as people have rightly pointed out, he might have been "stored" there temporarily, so the cadaver dogs would be useful for suggesting whether or not a body had been there at some point.

Personally, I don't foresee any meaningful results though.

By Earthspirit on previous thread:

"i wish people would stop treating the police as idiots. also the military have done their own checking apparently and they also say there is no way out on foot - oh of course there would be the quick turn of the cctv when somoene else was passing and it missed corrie skipping across the road and vanishing. this maybe did happen and he went into a car parked in a different area. we are told that the car would immediately be seen on different cctv which could not be avoided. stop - think - if corrie was in any car its likely to be the same one as his phone. thats the phone that travelled a similar route as a bin lorry on the direction of barton mills. i know we do not know where precisely the searches have taken place but i hope they fully cover all areas served by the barton mills mobile phone mast. i think on the corrie site it says that the new team will be able to hopefully pinpoint the ping to a smaller location and aid in the searching - that time cannot come fast enough and hopefully maybe crack this bizarre missing person case "

Nail. On. Head.

End of discussion.

IMO if the cadaver dogs come up with nothing, then I think the focus has to move to the BM area covered by C's phone signal. I keep harping on about this but I would start with the area near the travel lodge, McDonalds etc and lorry parking areas (laybys or otherwise). If we get past (and ignore for a second) the HS issue (that he can not have left it on foot etc...), there is the possibility that C travelled to BM by choice.

IMO if the cadaver dogs come up with nothing, then I think the focus has to move to the BM area covered by C's phone signal. I keep harping on about this but I would start with the area near the travel lodge, McDonalds etc and lorry parking areas (laybys or otherwise). If we get past (and ignore for a second) the HS issue (that he can not have left it on foot etc...), there is the possibility that C travelled to BM by choice.

Personally my search would be all over the driver of the bin truck - he is probably totally innocent and all that - but you've got to start somewehre, and starting with the obvious seems.... well obvious really.

Shiressleuth Said:

"Let's hope it works your probably right. Do you think police have more cctv of C (other than the doorway footage of course"

I don't think they have more CCTV on Corrie AFTER his last sighting - parts of the investigation and piecing together then become completely unnecessary to me - however it would provide a good alibi as to why the police are so absolutely certain that he didn't leave on foot.

I can't see how they don't have more of Corrie before the last sighting - as in - long before the last sighting, I.e leaving car, walking to the pubs, the club, outside the club - but to be fair - a lot of that is completely irrelevant to release isn't it. They have pieced that together somehow for Corrie to show his movements - so they can do it for these people outstanding as well - they will absolutely not release that - if they feel it might jeopardise questioning.

You have to look at the polices modus operandi with suspects more than the actual people (can't properly call any of them suspects) involved here, the police aren't going to go lay everything on the table that they have - they usually have an idea who it is and wait to see what these people/person do/does next.

When they have positively ID'D - Get them in, get them talking, get them to lie on tape about what they've been doing, their movements on that night. Unsettle them, get them into "no comment" mode - then focus solely on that person and forget all the other BS involved.

I am certain thats why we have specific photos of specific people. Some are irrelevant and at least one of them will more than likely be very important!

They have been narrowing down for sometime and its been difficult - they have spoken to a lot of people now and must have completely discounted a lot of them. Something tells me one of these 5 is important.

By Earthspirit on previous thread:

"i wish people would stop treating the police as idiots. also the military have done their own checking apparently and they also say there is no way out on foot - oh of course there would be the quick turn of the cctv when somoene else was passing and it missed corrie skipping across the road and vanishing. this maybe did happen and he went into a car parked in a different area. we are told that the car would immediately be seen on different cctv which could not be avoided. stop - think - if corrie was in any car its likely to be the same one as his phone. thats the phone that travelled a similar route as a bin lorry on the direction of barton mills. i know we do not know where precisely the searches have taken place but i hope they fully cover all areas served by the barton mills mobile phone mast. i think on the corrie site it says that the new team will be able to hopefully pinpoint the ping to a smaller location and aid in the searching - that time cannot come fast enough and hopefully maybe crack this bizarre missing person case "

Nail. On. Head.

End of discussion.
The camera rotates 9 positions in 4.5 minutes, 2 positions on Horseshoe. C was on cam going in so there was opportunity for him to leave on foot when the cam was pointing back up Brentgovel. Not only is it possible but that is only around a 25% chance of being seen leaving on foot or in a vehicle IMO. If he hasn't left then he must be still there .

Shiressleuth Said:

"Let's hope it works your probably right. Do you think police have more cctv of C (other than the doorway footage of course"

I don't think they have more CCTV on Corrie AFTER his last sighting - parts of the investigation and piecing together then become completely unnecessary to me - however it would provide a good alibi as to why the police are so absolutely certain that he didn't leave on foot.

I can't see how they don't have more of Corrie before the last sighting - as in - long before the last sighting, I.e leaving car, walking to the pubs, the club, outside the club - but to be fair - a lot of that is completely irrelevant to release isn't it. They have pieced that together somehow for Corrie to show his movements - so they can do it for these people outstanding as well - they will absolutely not release that - if they feel it might jeopardise questioning.

You have to look at the polices modus operandi with suspects more than the actual people (can't properly call any of them suspects) involved here, the police aren't going to go lay everything on the table that they have - they usually have an idea who it is and wait to see what these people/person do/does next.

When they have positively ID'D - Get them in, get them talking, get them to lie on tape about what they've been doing, their movements on that night. Unsettle them, get them into "no comment" mode - then focus solely on that person and forget all the other BS involved.

I am certain thats why we have specific photos of specific people. Some are irrelevant and at least one of them will more than likely be very important!

They have been narrowing down for sometime and its been difficult - they have spoken to a lot of people now and must have completely discounted a lot of them. Something tells me one of these 5 is important.

2 have been eliminated and confirmed yesterday only 3 remain now. Cycle guy, man with white tee and old man with glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 have been eliminated and confirmed yesterday only 3 remain now. Cycle guy, man with white tee and old man with glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eliminated isn't the right word - they have been positively identified

Personally my search would be all over the driver of the bin truck - he is probably totally innocent and all that - but you've got to start somewehre, and starting with the obvious seems.... well obvious really.

Have to agree with that - based on the assumption the binman was very good under questioning,
with not a lot of witnesses to corroborate his statements of where he was, what he was doing and why. Could also be the reason the 5 to be identified (2 already) are so important, to check what they say against what bin man has said.

surely this has been done? he is the obvious solution to the puzzle so most probably has been discounted after a long investigation

Have to agree with that - based on the assumption the binman was very good under questioning,
with not a lot of witnesses to corroborate his statements of where he was, what he was doing and why. Could also be the reason the 5 to be identified (2 already) are so important, to check what they say against what bin man has said.
I was under the impression the bin lorry has been ruled out by everyone, LE and family? Don't lets go back there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail