834 users online (138 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Searching for Anna 2017

Tomorrow it will be 44 years since my daughter Anna disappeared from our home south of Half Moon Bay, California. It has been an amazing journey. Searching for Anna has brought me into contact with remarkable and good-hearted people from all over the western world, people I would never have known under other circumstances. An astonishing amount of skill, talent and ingenuity has gone into the attempt to find Anna.

We have given up so many times. Every time we decided that we had tried everything, that there was nowhere else to look, some new angle would crop up or some new person with new ideas would appear and offer to help. Lots of people DID give up along the way and decided that there was no point in looking any further. Some of them made up their minds as to what had happened to Anna, in the absence of the slightest clue. Others decided, I think, that I was crazy to continue to expect some kind of answer. But there have always been a few people who, like myself, refused to make an opinion into an answer.

I will always be grateful to you. Thank you, thank you so very much.

Here's what's new: A technical wizard from Europe has created a new web page, Searching for Anna.net, in place of the old page which is now unavailable. She has posted photos, links, and the history of Anna's case in a way that makes it much easier to grasp the whole picture. Several WebSleuthers suggested I have a DNA test at one of the genealogical sites. Some surprising family stories have come from this service. In the case that Anna is still alive and wanted to look for relatives, she might somehow do the same and we would be put in contact. It's a stretch...but it's something, and so I have done this through Ancestry.

Miracles happen. I am not necessarily expecting a miracle, but I don't want to rule it out either. So once again, thank you all for your support, your efforts, your ideas, and for the hope and understanding you have always given me.

Annasmom

I will never give up on Anna until we find the answers we're looking for. I may temporarily run out of ideas, but will never give up. The answer IS out there somewhere and someday we'll find it.

Thinking about Anna today and hoping she feels how much she is loved and missed.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Bless you Annasmom. Never give up!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Sending prayers of love, comfort and strength to all who search for answers for where Anna is.

I will never stop believing in miracles and the kindness and compassion shown by members of Websleuths confirm that I am not the only one!

Sending love and comfort to Anna's Mom and family. You are never alone. Others share your heartbreak and will never give up.
    for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” ― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I don't post much on Anna's forum, but I do browse the old threads when I can to learn as much as I can about what is known and what has been done about Anna's case.

I don't currently have any ideas to suggest, but I do wish you all the best and I always hope that Anna will be the next missing person to be found safe.

Such a lovely post Annasmom
    Along with. Ancestry I think it viable to look into gedmatch and upload your DNA there as it can match with 23me another very popular testing site and other common testing sites other than ancestry!

Perhaps we can Brian storm on how we can contact Anna.
    .xo
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Along with. Ancestry I think it viable to look into gedmatch and upload your DNA there as it can match with 23me another very popular testing site and other common testing sites other than ancestry!

.xo
    Good idea, SideKick, but I'll have to save up for it.

.xo
    I wonder if any of the companies would donate their services, if they hear the story behind it?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Good idea, SideKick, but I'll have to save up for it.
    Annasmom, Gedmatch is free.

GEDMATCH.

Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.

It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.

1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”

https://www.yourdnaguide.com/upload-to-gedmatch/
    www.searchingforanna.com

I think this is a good idea.
    www.searchingforanna.com

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I wonder if any of the companies would donate their services, if they hear the story behind it?
    I think this a good idea. Could you expand on this, how and which companies?
    www.searchingforanna.com

Annasmom, Gedmatch is free.

GEDMATCH.

Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.

It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.

1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”

https://www.yourdnaguide.com/upload-to-gedmatch/
    Whoa. I took one look and I think you'd have to have a Master's Degree in Genetics to do this. Really, I just couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry to be so dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Whoa. I took one look and I think you'd have to have a Master's Degree in Genetics to do this. Really, I just couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry to be so dense.
    Anna's mom,
    DNA detectives, the group we belong to on FB will guide you. That is what they are there for. Why don't you post the question on how to upload your Ancestry DNA, and also ask the reason for doing this, if it is viable?
    I'll look forward to reading your post. You are not alone on this!
    People will assist.
    Xox
    www.searchingforanna.com

Bumping for Anna we need regroup and brainstorm some new ideas

I feel that we are getting closer to find her but we just need to unlock that key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately the Chev Impala which Anna's brother recalls seeing on Pursima with the long dark haired woman, gypsie style blouse with a man has been on my mind.
    The plates were presumed to be from Washington State.
    Has anyone tried to research these people, who, if took children, took others as well?
    Would by chance, did they know of Waters or Brody?
    Could they have been contacted by the them to preform the task of taking her?
    Seems odd that one child could have two possible groups of people interested in abducting her.
    The two Georges
    And maybe, the two in the car. Trying to persuade her in the car that day.
    Two separate non linked kidnappers!
    This has always on my mind.
    www.searchingforanna.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast