757 users online (114 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    What bothers me about this is that I have read on the Charley Project site that it was her first time home alone but then her mother said they had a special code system for when she called her and stated it like it was something that they used frequently.

My first thought was that the mother sent the glasses to her estranged husband in hopes that he would open the package, get his fingerprints on the glasses, and then the mother could plant them somewhere to frame him. Come home, Leigh. It's been too long...

What if there wasn't an intruder? Maybe Leigh tripped and hit her head on the doorframe, and sliced it open on the little metal plate that keeps the door closed. She could have knocked herself out and gotten a concussion which could lead to her freaking out that there was blood everywhere, and she might have tried to clean up the mess. As she continued losing blood, she might have thought clearly enough to get outside and try to get herself to somewhere for help. She lived in a pretty wooded area from what I've read, and she could have gotten scared and lost and hidden herself in some brush as the storm came through.

This is just a thought I had, I do think the mom isn't telling us everything, but I think what she's not saying could be something like she found her daughter's glasses in the house, and sent them to her estranged husband for some cruel reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMeow View Post
    What if there wasn't an intruder? Maybe Leigh tripped and hit her head on the doorframe, and sliced it open on the little metal plate that keeps the door closed. She could have knocked herself out and gotten a concussion which could lead to her freaking out that there was blood everywhere, and she might have tried to clean up the mess. As she continued losing blood, she might have thought clearly enough to get outside and try to get herself to somewhere for help. She lived in a pretty wooded area from what I've read, and she could have gotten scared and lost and hidden herself in some brush as the storm came through.

This is just a thought I had, I do think the mom isn't telling us everything, but I think what she's not saying could be something like she found her daughter's glasses in the house, and sent them to her estranged husband for some cruel reason.
    I think the mother killed the girl and staged the abduction. I think she used the missing sleeping bag as a body bag. I also think Leigh was stone cold dead before the school day started.
    The original plan was probably to have the grandmother discover Leigh missing; maybe the grandmother reneged on picking Leigh up, and that's why the mother went back home to "make the discovery" herself.

http://www.wtva.com/story/35372432/l...ains-a-mystery

Another rehashing of the case. You can definitely tell who the reporter thinks is responsible.
    Many people who claim to have been a classmate of Occhi say she would come to school with bruises and was very timid.
    This is along the lines of what I've heard too. Was Occhi's mother in the military at one time? I want to say that I'd heard something like that. Some type of job that would help her know how to dispose of a body well.

This mini-sode was just on "The Trail Went Cold" today:

http://trailwentcold.com/2017/05/31/...0-leigh-occhi/

I grew up quite a ways from Tupelo MS, but I've been there 2 or 3 times. When I was little I met a lady in Tupelo who remembered Elvis Presley - he was their paper boy.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

I can't believe there isn't evidence on or in the package that was sent. Was it taped shut? Often times a fingerprint will be on the underside of the tape.

Has anyone listened to the new podcast out about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzolla View Post
    Has anyone listened to the new podcast out about this?
    Yes, It didnt bring anything new to the case other than what I believe was a mistaken sighting by the narrators own mother in law.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9