UK - Leonne Weeks, 16, found murdered, Rotherham, 16 Jan 2017 *Arrest*

skibaboo

Mrs Map
Reaction score
Teenage girl found dead 20 minutes after being reported missing 'had gone to meet man she met online'

Teenage-girls-body-found-near-Rotherham.jpg

Claims Leonne Weeks, 16 - found on a path in incident police are treating as suspicious - had gone to meet someone she had contacted over a dating site

A teenage girl found dead on a path near Rotherham this morning had gone to see a man she met on a dating website, a friend has claimed.

Leonne Weeks 16, was discovered in Dinnington, South Yorkshire, at 10.55am and police are treating her death as suspicious.

Detectives said they had "concerns around the state of the body and the injuries" and revealed the teenager had been reported missing just 20 minutes before she was found.

A friend of the 16-year-old chillingly said Leonne "had gone to meet someone" before her body was discovered by a member of the public in an isolated pathway.

Oh no. What a beautiful young girl. Very sad for her and her family. I hope they can track down who she was meeting up with...

RIP Sweet Leonne....:rose:

Teenage girl found dead 20 minutes after being reported missing 'had gone to meet man she met online'

Teenage-girls-body-found-near-Rotherham.jpg

Claims Leonne Weeks, 16 - found on a path in incident police are treating as suspicious - had gone to meet someone she had contacted over a dating site

A teenage girl found dead on a path near Rotherham this morning had gone to see a man she met on a dating website, a friend has claimed.

Leonne Weeks 16, was discovered in Dinnington, South Yorkshire, at 10.55am and police are treating her death as suspicious.

Detectives said they had "concerns around the state of the body and the injuries" and revealed the teenager had been reported missing just 20 minutes before she was found.

A friend of the 16-year-old chillingly said Leonne "had gone to meet someone" before her body was discovered by a member of the public in an isolated pathway.

Absolutely horrible! I hope she left a loud electronic print so they can find this guy soon.

Very sad :( poor Leonne. This does sound quite similar to Kayleigh, I wonder if she'd met this boy before or if it was a first meeting.

Just watching Skynews and the ticker said police have arrested a 26 year old woman on suspicion of assisting an offender.

How absolutely devastating for the family. She was so young!

Leonne Weeks death: Women arrested in Rotherham murder probe

A woman has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender after the death of a 16-year-old girl.
The body of a girl, named locally as Leonne Weeks, was found in Dinnington, Rotherham, on Monday.
The woman, a 26-year-old from Dinnington, was arrested on Tuesday and remains in custody, South Yorkshire Police said.
An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday night also remains in custody.

The police did well, very quick work from them.

Poor kid though, if it was someone she met online I hope to goodness there is lots of electronic evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously a bit of a dumb question: but which Kayleigh?

Kayleigh's family are campaigning hard to educate youngsters about the dangers of meeting people online. There is a hard hitting video called "Kayleigh's Love Story", a trailer is in this police link and no doubt the full thing is easily found. I hope this will be shown in ALL secondary schools, if not, my children will be watching it at home one day. I vividly recall some of the things we were made to watch at school (railway lines, drugs, slurry pits) and will ever ever forget the day a classmates dad who was a traffic cop came in and told us about clearing up body parts from the roads.

I'm a firm believer in shock tactics when it comes to things like this and I salute Kayleigh's family for driving the film forward. Sock it to 'em Kayleigh, no sugar coating, hopefully save the next girl.

https://leics.police.uk/categories/kayleighs-love-story

POLICE have refuted claims murdered Leonne Weeks was killed after she went to meet a man she had met on an online dating site.

Some media outlets reported this week that a “friend” of the teenager had said that “all we know is she went to meet someone - meet a bloke” who “she met on the internet”.

But a police spokeswoman said “that allegation was not correct”.

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...truth-to-leonne-weeks-online-date-claim-.aspx

I did think given how quickly police made the arrest and searched the nearby property that it may have been someone more personally known to Leonne as opposed to someone she had met online

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong