1110 users online (208 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What do you see on JonBenet's palm?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • heart

11 45.83%
  • smiley face

13 54.17%

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heart or Smiley Face?

What do you see on JonBenet's palm, a heart or a smiley face?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heart.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	107979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heart-shape-painted-with-brush-vector-3651017.jpg 
Views:	668 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	107980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_original_smiley_face_classic_round_sticker-r8c41697f171a4d97975ffd6ce27b8c3e_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	107982  

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Bumpity Bump
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Isn't there another photo of this? This looks like a red pacman.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me View Post
    What do you see on JonBenet's palm, a heart or a smiley face?
    I see a smiley face.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

I see neither.

What's always bothered me about that photo is that it's her left hand and it looks like her body alongside her arm is on her left.

I see neither

For those who see neither - what do you see?

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

If I have to pick one, I'd say it's a heart before a smiley face. I really don't see how that's a smiley, unless it's missing one eye (with the other eye being the up-and-down line). Then again, the heart isn't fully "in tact" either, because there really is no "top" of the heart (i.e.the two humps connecting in the middle is missing).

But either way, and I'm certainly no expert, but it seems like whatever was drawn, was drawn a while back (day or days). I don't feel like it was drawn anytime immediately before she was murdered.

I see it as a crooked/crude smiley face. With the left eye overlapping the smile curve. I see it as something drawn by a kid, most likely JBR herself since it's facing the right way for her to see it correctly.

The bottom of the curve doesn't have a distinctive point, and for me, it's lacking the two humps which should be on the top. That said, if I squint my eyes I can kind of see a misshapened heart, with the center off to the right and possibly most of the ink on the top having faded or been rubbed off.

I agree that it seems more likely to be an old drawing, not something which was done just prior to or after her death.
    I don't really see it as being hugely relevant to the murder, although some would like it to indicate the creepy sinister intentions of someone outside of the immediate family. Probably because Patsy and John distanced themselves from it. As per their usual MO.

It just looks like a "G" to me

ETA: I need to see some other pictures. To me it doesn't even look like a pen mark, but some other sort of other mark (pressed into her hand?) IDK.
    Last edited by SecretaryGal; 01-18-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by ZoriahNZ View Post
    I see it as a crooked/crude smiley face. With the left eye overlapping the smile curve. I see it as something drawn by a kid, most likely JBR herself since it's facing the right way for her to see it correctly.

The bottom of the curve doesn't have a distinctive point, and for me, it's lacking the two humps which should be on the top. That said, if I squint my eyes I can kind of see a misshapened heart, with the center off to the right and possibly most of the ink on the top having faded or been rubbed off.

I agree that it seems more likely to be an old drawing, not something which was done just prior to or after her death.
    I don't really see it as being hugely relevant to the murder, although some would like it to indicate the creepy sinister intentions of someone outside of the immediate family. Probably because Patsy and John distanced themselves from it. As per their usual MO.
    I agree with all of that.

The drawing was probably made at the White's party. Patsy had probably already seen it, but as you say, it wasn't relevant.

PR saw it as another way of making investigators believe an intruder had drawn it on JBR. If he did draw it then he was one strange kidnapper - the more we find out about him the weirder he sounds.

G, C+ or backwards J.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    What's always bothered me about that photo is that it's her left hand and it looks like her body alongside her arm is on her left.
    Ah, the penny's dropped. She's lying face down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Ah, the penny's dropped. She's lying face down.
    No I think she's lying on her back.

She had quite a long lifeline - which goes to show what nonsense all that palm reading stuff is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast