Identified! NY - Bronx, Female body parts found at trash facility, Jan '17 - Leondra Foster

Dionysia

Former Member
Reaction score
A woman's torso and leg were found this morning at a Bronx trash processing facility.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/woman-s-body-found-at-bronx-trash-facility-nypd-says-1.12967175

A woman’s remains were found at a trash facility in the Bronx early Tuesday, police said.

The torso and leg of an adult woman were discovered at about 4:40 a.m. at the Metropolitan Transfer Station, a privately owned facility on Halleck Street in Hunts Point, cops said.

Investigators were searching for any more body parts in the trash inside the building, as well as in trucks parked outside.

A Metropolitan Transfer Station worker told reporters that the trash comes from commercial businesses across the five boroughs.

The woman has not been identified and her cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.

No arrests have been made.

Trash that was already shipped in containers to three facilities in the Bronx and two in New Jersey was secured by police and will be searched.

"It was in the dump floor where the garbage trucks come in and they dump the garbage," Rodriguez added.

What is not known is whether the woman is from the New York area or was brought in from outside the area.

"It is not easy to say, because so many companies come here to dump from all five boroughs, and usually it's private garbage, not city garbage," said Rodriguez.
http://abc13.com/news/womans-remains-found-at-trash-outpost-in-ny/1706727/

was the victim dismembered or disarticulated in the compactor?

shades of "Monique"?

was the victim dismembered or disarticulated in the compactor?

shades of "Monique"?

It is sounding like she was dismembered :(

They found 2 arms without any hands:
THE BRONX - The arms of an unidentified female have been found at a Bronx trash transfer facility, just a day after a female leg and torso were found inside the Metropolitan Transfer Station.

According to investigators, who have now expanded their search to New Jersey, the hands were removed from the arms that were found.
http://bronx.news12.com/news/more-f...d-at-bronx-trash-transfer-facility-1.12974873

Also, the video in the link above says the leg found yesterday did not have a foot attached.

The crime scene stretches 20 miles to a site in North Jersey.

"Two of the containers that I delivered earlier are in Kearny because there is a chance some other remains ended up in those containers."

http://pix11.com/2017/01/18/more-bo...workers-discover-female-torso-leg-police-say/

___

The arms of an unidentified female have been found at a Bronx trash transfer facility, just a day after a female leg and torso were found inside the Metropolitan Transfer Station.

According to investigators, who have now expanded their search to New Jersey, the hands were removed from the arms that were found.

http://bronx.news12.com/news/more-f...d-at-bronx-trash-transfer-facility-1.12974873

More body parts found in New Jersey:
Authorities are looking into whether body parts found at a trash transfer station in New Jersey are linked to the grisly discoveries of a woman's torso, leg and handless arms at a garbage site in the Bronx, law enforcement sources tell NBC 4 New York.

It's not clear what parts investigators found at the site in Kearny, which had received some of the trash containers distributed from the Metropolitan Transfer Station in Hunts Point early Tuesday.

LISK? Monique in calvert Vaux park? anyone think a possible link?

How can someone do these things to another human being?
How sad!

I believe JerseyGirl posted a link to an article above that the death was recent. If LISK related would this be the most recent killing? I live on Long Island so you think I would've followed the case more but unfortunately have not. Going off of what I remember recently deceased bodies/remains haven't been linked to that case right?

no, they haven't. and there are some think that there are two or more separate killers. the gilgo beach and possibly shannan gilbert were in one piece and the 4 on gb were wrapped in burlap. they were more recent. Jessica taylor, fire island jane doe, Manorville jane doe and peaches and possibly cherries were dismembered and earlier. the thing that some ppl think relates them is that Jessica taylor and the other Manorville victim's heads and some limbs were found not far from the gb 4, and there was a toddler that was linked by DNA to peaches. I might not have that right. I try to keep up.

i just was brainstorming a possible connection since the long island victims have been found, that the killer wouldn't want to use that area to dump anymore. there was a dismembered UID found in calvert Vaux park and this dismembered UID had the hands removed from the arms etc. dumping in the trash bins seems pretty amateurish for LISK, but then again tons of ppl are taken to the landfill and never found (like some of the victims of the Anaheim SK, and many babies and toddlers) just kicking ideas around.

I believe JerseyGirl posted a link to an article above that the death was recent. If LISK related would this be the most recent killing? I live on Long Island so you think I would've followed the case more but unfortunately have not. Going off of what I remember recently deceased bodies/remains haven't been linked to that case right?

no, they haven't. and there are some think that there are two or more separate killers. the gilgo beach and possibly shannan gilbert were in one piece and the 4 on gb were wrapped in burlap. they were more recent. Jessica taylor, fire island jane doe, Manorville jane doe and peaches and possibly cherries were dismembered and earlier. the thing that some ppl think relates them is that Jessica taylor and the other Manorville victim's heads and some limbs were found not far from the gb 4, and there was a toddler that was linked by DNA to peaches. I might not have that right. I try to keep up.

i just was brainstorming a possible connection since the long island victims have been found, that the killer wouldn't want to use that area to dump anymore. there was a dismembered UID found in calvert Vaux park and this dismembered UID had the hands removed from the arms etc. dumping in the trash bins seems pretty amateurish for LISK, but then again tons of ppl are taken to the landfill and never found (like some of the victims of the Anaheim SK, and many babies and toddlers) just kicking ideas around.

Thanks for all the info [emoji6]

You literally took the words right out of my mouth. I was saying this on Facebook yesterday :O
I believe there is a link.

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7ny.c...t-bronx-trash-facility/1714954/?client=safari

*snip*

Police have a suspect in custody in connection with the discovery of parts of a woman's body in a garbage transfer station in the Bronx.

40-year-old Somorie Moses, who lives in East Flatbush, is charged with concealment of a human corpse.

05946cac6600c57f1eade3e18cd9c942.png

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...remains-bronx-article-1.2952832?client=safari

*snip*

Cops used surveillance footage obtained from the transfer station, along with cell phone records, to identify Moses, police sources said

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back