GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.

According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day.
"While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.

By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/justice/fsu-professor-killing-mystery/

Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Something is happening, does anyone know what this mean's?
ANSWER TO DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY Answer to Demand for Discovery (Amended) -- for both KM & SG on the same day?

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1129969

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...aseid=&jiscaseid=1119072&defseq=A&chargeseq=1

Am I freaking or is something up?

Looks like the SA is adding more evidence or witnesses. Hopefully that dang gun!
New discovery would be added to both their dockets since they're co-defendants.

Something is happening, does anyone know what this mean's?
ANSWER TO DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY Answer to Demand for Discovery (Amended) -- for both KM & SG on the same day?

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1129969

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...aseid=&jiscaseid=1119072&defseq=A&chargeseq=1

Am I freaking or is something up?

In this case, any time something too freaky to be believed pops up, it turns out to be happening and true, imo!

I've been thinking about it, and my opinion is that KM will plea at the last moment. LE will let CA think they are going to trial.

It may be the morning of trial when CA is arrested because KM did plea. LE kept it under wraps to see what he would do at the last moment. Would he run or disappear?

Only a really dumb person would not realize they are watched 24/7. Probably WA is watched too.

My opinions only.

I've been thinking about it, and my opinion is that KM will plea at the last moment. LE will let CA think they are going to trial.

It may be the morning of trial when CA is arrested because KM did plea. LE kept it under wraps to see what he would do at the last moment. Would he run or disappear?

Only a really dumb person would not realize they are watched 24/7. Probably WA is watched too.

My opinions only.
Well, I'm debating whether I should make hotel reservations or not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

My opinions only.

i know i keep repeating myself but IMO there is no way that KM is pleading guilty and singing as long as she's being advised by her current attorneys. they will push her to fight this to the very end. and we all know why.

Well, I'm debating whether I should make hotel reservations or not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wouldn't make reservations for this upcoming trial date. Even if she goes to trial in the future, it won't be for another several months to two years. They haven't even conducted any depositions yet. The discovery process for murder cases is very in depth.

I wouldn't make reservations for this upcoming trial date. Even if she goes to trial in the future, it won't be for another several months to two years. They haven't even conducted any depositions yet. The discovery process for murder cases is very in depth.
On KM’s court docket, I don’t find that she has waived speedy trial. Unless she waives speedy trial, her trial should be scheduled in a couple of months, end of March.

https://floridacriminalprocedure.com/3-191-speedy-trial/
RULE 3.191. SPEEDY TRIAL
(a) Speedy Trial without Demand. Except as otherwise provided by this rule, and subject to the limitations imposed under subdivisions (e) and (f), every person charged with a crime shall be brought to trial within 90 days of arrest if the crime charged is a misdemeanor, or within 175 days of arrest if the crime charged is a felony. […]

i thought KM's trial date was set for February 27, 2017?

this is how i see it all playing out -

1. KM goes to trial and ultimately gets convicted and sentenced to Life in prison.
2. SG goes to trial and ultimately gets convicted and sentenced to Death.
3. KM finally dumps her current "stooge" attorneys shortly after her conviction and sentencing and she agrees to testify against the Mastermind(s) and in exchange her Life sentence gets reduced to 7-10 years.
4. SG agrees to testify against the Mastermind(s) and in exchange his Death sentence gets reduced to Life.
5. Mastermind(s) are arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced to Life in prison.

i thought KM's trial date was set for February 27, 2017?
Yes, KM’s trial is currently set for February 27, but that is likely to change.
Legally the trial doesn’t have to happen on February 27. Probably won’t.
But, unless KM waives speedy trial, the trial must start “within 175 days of arrest”, which would be end of March.
KM was arrested October 1, 2016.
175 days after arrest is March 24, 2017.
Don’t recall the rules, but I think Day One isn’t included in the ‘count’, so trial start would be Monday, March 27, 2017. . . unless speedy trial is waived.

Tuto's case mgmt got pushed back. He was supposed to be in court tomorrow, now it's 2/7. KM's next case mgmt is 2/6.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 2.14.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 2.14.27 PM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,177
On KM’s court docket, I don’t find that she has waived speedy trial. Unless she waives speedy trial, her trial should be scheduled in a couple of months, end of March.
[…]

Yes, I'm aware of the speedy trial rule. She'll waive it at case management.

It is not going to trial. My source tells me she has had a ticket to the opera this week. Also their attorneys are bluffing.

I hope your source is reliable. I'm looking forward to a good opera.

uh i wouldn't hold your breath. KM doesn't seem like the opera type to me.

I will believe it when I see it. But I know based on the jailhouse conversation and her being scared when the Feds knocked on her door that she is scared and naive. So that could go either way. One she flips or two she gets manipulated by her own counsel.

I agree. Km is probably scared.

But Dan was scared as well once he told the person that he was talking to. Too hold on right when Garcia approached his car and pulled out the gun.

So imo. KM should be scared. Because she helped kill Dan for frivolous dollars. Jmo

I agree. Km is probably scared.

But Dan was scared as well once he told the person that he was talking to. Too hold on right when Garcia approached his car and pulled out the gun.

So imo. KM should be scared. Because she helped kill Dan for frivolous dollars. Jmo

So pardon my language. But KM needs to hurry up and give up the Adelsons now.

<modsnip>

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members