978 users online (120 members and 858 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5
    The replies on this link are chilling, if they are genuine. Re: Lisa Mott/David Birnie http://missingandmurderedaustralia.b...arie-mott.html


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    I was looking for info on serial killers hiding their first victim further away than their following victims and stumbled on a good story about Ivan Milat. The article includes photos of what they found in his house when they arrested him. Worth a look if you're curious...

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-prison.html
    Last edited by pauldking; 01-23-2017 at 11:05 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    FBI reckon 78.3% of serial killers had a record at the time of their first murder with a further 88% with a criminal record by the time they committed their last murder – based on 480 cases of serial murder by 92 offenders in the US.

    Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations

    Therefore we can presume that most of the missing and murdered in Perth were done in by offenders known to LE. There is always the 10% as well...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41
    Hi All my first post after following Websleuths since just after the 20th anniversary of Sarah Spiers disappearance.
    For those in Australia a new program starts on channel 7 this Wednesday night with the first ever interview of the woman who escaped from The Birnies resulting in their capture! I think it's going to be a fascinating story!
    https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/birni...-ng-b88376646z


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41
    My first memory of abduction/missing persons was the disappearance of 11 year old Joanne Ratcliffe and 4 year old Kirste Gordon from a footy match at Adelaide Oval in South Australia on 25 August 1973. I was a little girl in primary school at the time and I still remember that it terrified me. Maybe this was the beginning of my fascination with true crime.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disa..._Kirste_Gordon

    In April of the following year, teenage cousins Raelene Eaton and Yvonne Waters disappeared from The White Sands Hotel at Scarborough Beach in Perth, Western Australia and have never been found.

    They're the first in a long line of young women to go missing from Perth just in my lifetime!

    Missing persons info:
    https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/wh.../eaton-raelene

    https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/wh.../waters-yvonne

    A sad interview with Raelene's 90 year old Mum in 2014:
    https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/daugh...y-ng-ya-373685


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41

    AUSTRALIA - Perth missing/murdered SK victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Hi All my first post after following Websleuths since just after the 20th anniversary of Sarah Spiers disappearance.
    For those in Australia a new program starts on channel 7 this Wednesday night with the first ever interview of the woman who escaped from The Birnies resulting in their capture! I think it's going to be a fascinating story!
    https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/birni...-ng-b88376646z


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kate Moir and Laura Hancock are legends - thanks to them the pure evil Birnies were taken off the streets God knows how many lives they saved!!!

    http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/st...09-gu9g7t.html

    Watching Murder Uncovered on the Birnies was as interesting as I expected but it also bought back all of those terrifying memories of 4 young women /girls abducted and murdered in 4 weeks in 1986.

    I think this prepped women of my generation of the 80s (born in the 60s/70s, partying in the 80s) to be wary when out and about at night and terrified us even more when the CSK came along in the 90s. I feel so sorry for Sarah and Jane who would have just been young children when the Birnies were around so it may not have impacted them as much. Also feel so sorry for Ciara of course but my thought has always been that after travelling overseas for a year she probably felt very safe in sleepy old Perth -JMO.

    Back to the Birnies - there has long been speculation of more victims - last nights program shed light on the disappearance of Cheryl Renwick who had been stalked by a couple with a woman who visited her house several times being identified by her daughter Michelle and daughters friend as looking like Catherine Birnie and the murder of Barbara Western whose body was found in Karragullen with the jewellery removed and placed neatly beside the body - apparently a signature of David Birnie; earlier in 1986.

    It's also long been thought that Birnie killed Lisa Mott from Collie because he had a yellow panel van and lived in Bunbury at the time but his first wife gave him an alibi for that day and she didn't appear to be a fan of his so I believed her.

    http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainm...08-gu8o1o.html

    The most disturbing part of the program for me was when they said Catherine Birnie had strangled and murdered 15 year old Susannah Candy. This made me feel sick it was bad enough that she'd been complicit in the abductions and deprivation of liberty but for a women to physically kill a young girl shocked and disgusted me - I don't remember hearing about this before but I may have blocked it out. Given this, talk about her getting parol because "she's served her time", "shes a model prisoner" and "she's now in her 60s and no longer a threat" is crazy - she is pure and utter evil and doesn't deserve to draw breath let alone ever be released to walk among innocent human beings again. I just wish the death penalty hadn't been repealed 2 years prior to their murderous spree for sickos like them, the Greenough Killer and the CSK. In principal I don't really believe in capital punishment but some crimes are so horrendous, violent, evil and sick that in my opinion their perpetrators have forfeited their right to live, especially when innocent children are the victims.
    https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/vide...der-uncovered/

    For those not in Western Australia the horrendous Greenough killings:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gree...amily_Massacre
    Last edited by Owlie; 02-09-2017 at 06:06 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    73
    I find csk murders might be copied from birnies. I wonder if SS is buried in same place as birnies first known victims. Is it Glen Eagle?

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Greysp View Post
    I find csk murders might be copied from birnies. I wonder if SS is buried in same place as birnies first known victims. Is it Glen Eagle?

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    GlenEagles

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    GlenEagles

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    I've always had a gut feel that SS was east and because of Kerryn Tate, Kerry Turner, The Birnie's and the fact I grew up in the south-east, I always thought Karragullen or GlenEagles (JMO).
    And now finding out that the alleged CSK BRE is also from the south-east it just makes sense to me in terms of familiarity but not too close to home. All just my option only.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I've always had a gut feel that SS was east and because of Kerryn Tate, Kerry Turner, The Birnie's and the fact I grew up in the south-east, I always thought Karragullen or GlenEagles (JMO).
    And now finding out that the alleged CSK BRE is also from the south-east it just makes sense to me in terms of familiarity but not too close to home. All just my opinion only.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Being a Telstra Technician, BRE would've of worked on the Telstra microwave repeater stations, just as my old school friend did when he was in Telstra, There's one on top of Mt Dale, and the next one would involve driving passed GlenEagles, so he'd be very familiar with those areas that you speak of.

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    I wonder if anyone that has access to cadaver dogs can scope the area while the ground is still moist


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldking View Post
    I wonder if anyone that has access to cadaver dogs can scope the area while the ground is still moist


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been bushfires since. I very much doubt if the CSK buried SS, if SS is a CSK victims. The others weren't buried. SS dump site is probably, simply not been found. There was skeletal remains found a few metres from Brookton Hwy, near Mt Dale once, and it was 2 whole years after the body was dumped. Can't remember the name, but I remember her husband committed suicide just before being charged with her murder.
    Now that's 2 years and the body was only metres from a main highway. So I'm sure that SS could just as easily been missed , and it'll just be a matter of time.

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    Being a Telstra Technician, BRE would've of worked on the Telstra microwave repeater stations, just as my old school friend did when he was in Telstra, There's one on top of Mt Dale, and the next one would involve driving passed GlenEagles, so he'd be very familiar with those areas that you speak of.

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Pete, as I said these were my gut feelings from the time Sarah disappeared 21 years ago. I had more personal familiarity with GlenEagles and Karragullen but of course Mt Dale (which I don't personally know much about) and many many other isolated bush locations from say GlenEagles in the southeast to say Chittering in the northeast are possible; as of course are locations south and north of Perth like Jane and Ciara.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Thanks Pete, as I said these were my gut feelings from the time Sarah disappeared 21 years ago. I had more personal familiarity with GlenEagles and Karragullen but of course Mt Dale (which I don't personally know much about) and many many other isolated bush locations from say GlenEagles in the southeast to say Chittering in the northeast are possible; as of course are locations south and north of Perth like Jane and Ciara.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And if the bushland is on private property where bushwalkers never venture, and the property owners never search..... I just wish there was a way of searching with Satellite images, but there's too many trees. Many bushwalkers never go off defined tracks either. She could even be a few yards from a track in Bold Park, Perry Lakes, Shenton Bushland, or off Rochdale Rd and West Coast Hwy and no one would see anything IMO.
    However, I'm with you - most likely in areas like Banyowla Regional Park https://mapcarta.com/30061194, Canning Mills, Karagullen, Dale Rd since they are a short drive from Huntingdale via Mills Rd East (which becomes Canning Mills Rd) which takes you straight into the Bush within minutes.

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by petedavo.au; 02-19-2017 at 05:02 AM. Reason: add more places
    Veritas nunquam perit


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta
    By mysteriew in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 06:13 AM
  3. TX - Missing/murdered pregnant women
    By petra in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 11:03 PM