1604 users online (283 members and 1321 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 139
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Getting Away With Murder


    06/03/2017 http://www.abc.net.au/austory/default.htm

    The unsolved murder of Perth brothel madam Shirley Finn is one of Australia’s most notorious cold cases.
    For Shirley Finn’s daughter, Bridget Shewring, it is a personal tragedy.
    In June 1975 her mother’s body was found slumped in the front seat of her Dodge, four bullet holes to the back of the head.
    From the outset rumours of police and political involvement swirled around the case, many believing that Shirley Finn was silenced to stop her revealing the secrets of powerful figures in Western Australia.
    For the past decade Bridget and former journalist Juliet Wills have been seeking an inquest into the murder. Last year, after discovering significant new evidence, they achieved their goal.
    With that inquest expected later this year Bridget and Juliet take us behind the story of Shirley Finn’s murder, in the hope of encouraging anyone who has further information to come forward.

    VIDEO

    Getting Away With Murder preview

    http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/aus...0603_1000k.mp4

    http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/aus..._0603_512k.mp4

    http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/aus..._0603_256k.mp4

    Last edited by petedavo.au; 03-05-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add alternative size videos for desktop and mobiles
    Veritas nunquam perit


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Another video preview of tonight's Australian Story on the ABC
    https://twitter.com/AustralianStory/...89430390263808
    Daughter’s anguish: Bridget Shewring has waited 40yrs to know truth about who killed her mother | Getting Away With Murder
    #AustralianStory
    Last edited by petedavo.au; 03-05-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Veritas nunquam perit


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Could a rogue WA cop been responsible for a series of killings of Sex workers and Drug dealers in the 1970's ?

    From – "DIRTY GIRL: The State Sanctioned Murder of Brothel Madam Shirley Finn" by Juliet Wills.

    Start reading it for free: http://amzn.asia/gqQ8hiB

    Veritas nunquam perit


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    Could a rogue WA cop been responsible for a series of killings of Sex workers and Drug dealers in the 1970's ?

    From – "DIRTY GIRL: The State Sanctioned Murder of Brothel Madam Shirley Finn" by Juliet Wills.

    Start reading it for free: http://amzn.asia/gqQ8hiB

    An alternative suspect to Bernie Johnson for doing in Shirley Finn was mentioned by Owen Leitch, Spike Daniels who was in charge of the Firearms Branch at the time. I heard another retired cop say something about this as well, at his hospital bed. This former cop also worked at firearms branch. I don't know how reliable his opinion is, so I'll call it as hearsay as it was said 40 years after the murder. But I passed his name onto the cold case team at the time, and last I heard was that they were going to see him when he was out of hospital.



    Last edited by petedavo.au; 03-07-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    Veritas nunquam perit


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    This looks interesting, if you're interested in criminology psychology and serial killers
    Veritas nunquam perit


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    A man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for a series of attacks described in court as "terrifying" and "brutal" on young women in Perth and Albany in the early 1990s.

    “Robert William Barry, 54, pleaded guilty to eight charges, including the rape of two teenagers in 1991 and 1993.

    In September 1991, Barry — who was 29 at the time — grabbed a 17-year-old girl as she walked through a Cannington shopping centre carpark and threatened her with violence before repeatedly sexually assaulted her.

    Two years later, Barry was in Albany when he grabbed a 15-year-old girl on school grounds and put her into a headlock, before dragging her into a toilet block and subjecting her to a series of sexual assaults.

    Barry was charged at his Gosnells home in May 2016 after police linked him to both women using new DNA analysis technology.”

    *

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-1...ttacks/8280740


    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scary places in your head!
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    A man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for a series of attacks described in court as "terrifying" and "brutal" on young women in Perth and Albany in the early 1990s.

    “Robert William Barry, 54, pleaded guilty to eight charges, including the rape of two teenagers in 1991 and 1993.

    In September 1991, Barry — who was 29 at the time — grabbed a 17-year-old girl as she walked through a Cannington shopping centre carpark and threatened her with violence before repeatedly sexually assaulted her.

    Two years later, Barry was in Albany when he grabbed a 15-year-old girl on school grounds and put her into a headlock, before dragging her into a toilet block and subjecting her to a series of sexual assaults.

    Barry was charged at his Gosnells home in May 2016 after police linked him to both women using new DNA analysis technology.”

    *

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-1...ttacks/8280740


    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Crime doesn't pay!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    "None of these cases would have seen the light of day if it weren’t for the intervention of local journalists."

    https://griffithreview.com/articles/worm-bud/



    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    "None of these cases would have seen the light of day if it weren’t for the intervention of local journalists."

    https://griffithreview.com/articles/worm-bud/



    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Does anyone have any theories as to why the Leela inquest has come out of the blue? Usually they take 18 years or later whereas this case is only ten years old.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldking View Post
    Does anyone have any theories as to why the Leela inquest has come out of the blue? Usually they take 18 years or later whereas this case is only ten years old.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post13295153

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit



  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post13295153

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Pete do you think it was the family reading this thread or WAPOL that drove the inquest as we are talking about a few months work on WS Leela thread. Either way it is an incredible development. I just hope the perps don't do anything silly in the meantime.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldking View Post
    Pete do you think it was the family reading this thread or WAPOL that drove the inquest as we are talking about a few months work on WS Leela thread. Either way it is an incredible development. I just hope the perps don't do anything silly in the meantime.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could've been either, and whatever I said made enough sense to them to agree to approach the Coroner.

    I hope Sir_Laughs_a_Lot gets a summons

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by petedavo.au; 04-09-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    Veritas nunquam perit


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by petedavo.au View Post
    Could've been either, and whatever I said made enough sense to them to agree to approach the Coroner.

    I hope Sir_Laughs_a_Lot gets a summons

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Every dog has it's day. I hope he does too. For that I will not be poking that bear and let justice play out. If something comes out of all this I hope the family find some answers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Paramau View Post
    The replies on this link are chilling, if they are genuine. Re: Lisa Mott/David Birnie http://missingandmurderedaustralia.b...arie-mott.html


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree. Disturbing. For instance


    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kalamunda, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,363
    Shirley Finn murder: Date set for inquest, 42 years after brothel madam's death
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-0...26?pfmredir=sm via @abcnews

    Today, state coroner Ros Fogliani set down a two-week hearing to start on September 11.

    Ms Finn's daughter Bridget Shewring, who was only 12 when her mother died, was in the coroner's court for the announcement.

    Outside the court Ms Shewring said she had been waiting 40 years for answers about her mother's death was very pleased a date had been set.

    Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by petedavo.au; 05-05-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    Veritas nunquam perit


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta
    By mysteriew in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 06:13 AM
  3. TX - Missing/murdered pregnant women
    By petra in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 11:03 PM