Shapiro is back in Denver following up on new leads on the Ramsey case.

Summergirl

Reaction score
Website
www.lousmit.com
http://drinkthis.typepad.com/answer_this/2004/12/this_is_jeffrey.html

« Junior's charity to this... | Main | To cure or not to cure this... »

This... is Jeffrey Scott Shapiro
Update 11.22.05 Shapiro is back in Denver following up on new leads on the Ramsey case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shapiro, sometimes refererred to as the Tabloid Turncoat, is an investigative crime reporter who first made news in 1999 while reporting for The Globe tabloid after he turned over tapes of secretly recorded converstations with his editors to the FBI in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

When he made his decision to turn on the tabloids, Shapiro first called John Ramsey to apologize for working as a reporter for The Globe. He spent three years in Boulder but was still unable to pinpoint a suspect he was convinced was guilty. He vowed to never stop looking but no one knows for sure if he still is, especially since he has a history of practicing undercover journalism.

Recently, Shapiro has been covering the People of the State of Colorado v. Kobe Bean Bryant case for "48 Hours Investigates." His investigations of such are the basis for Kobe Bryant: The Game of His Life, which was released in March of 2004.

<thanks candy for this article!>
I honestly dont know what to think about this. He is back in Denver to follow up new leads on JonBenet's murder? Why, all of the sudden? I heard he moved to Flordia and was going to school to become a Lawyer.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

To be honest, I have no idea what new leads the article is talking about. I am also confused how on he got a hold of these new leads! I guess time will tell though?

I think he should write a book. What an interesting book that would be. Maybe we will find out about those new leads!

Edit: I just thought about this. I know he had an AOL account, and it was published in the Boulder Weekly( a free newspaper in Boulder!). Someone told me that he doesnt have the email anymore. Maybe he still does.. and someone emailed him with tips? Agian, just a thougt.

Summergirl said:
I heard he moved to Flordia and was going to school to become a Lawyer. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I think he is/was an '05 graduate.

Well good for him for getting out of the Trashy tabliods, and going into a great profession.

I used to think he wasnt the greatest guy, for how bad he was as a Globe reporter, like going into the Ramsey's church, saying he was Jewish, going to Christianity, or hiding in a tree on the Ramsey's old house.

But I read that after he quit the Globe, he actually called John Ramsey to apologize.. and went to Law School.. and still is sleuthing for JonBenet's killer.

He seems like a totally different guy.

I think he is talking about the new leads that Jim Kolar has found?

(CBS4) BOULDER, Colo. The man now leading the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation said he's tracking new leads. Jim Kolar took over the case five months ago.

Nine years after Ramsey's death, the murder investigation is very much alive.

That is great if that is the news!

What ever happened to his law suit? Was it against Schiller? I'm not sure, but maybe this is bringing him back to Boulder?
Agree, with Summer, if Kolar is investigating leads he may be interested in Shapiro's gathered clues, sure as heck the BPD wasn't. The doll, shoe, string in the treehouse, these alone should have been followed to origin. I wish him luck and am so happy that he , unlike Thomas and others, has maintained an allegiance to this little girl.

sissi said:
What ever happened to his law suit? Was it against Schiller? I'm not sure, but maybe this is bringing him back to Boulder?
Agree, with Summer, if Kolar is investigating leads he may be interested in Shapiro's gathered clues, sure as heck the BPD wasn't. The doll, shoe, string in the treehouse, these alone should have been followed to origin. I wish him luck and am so happy that he , unlike Thomas and others, has maintained an allegiance to this little girl.

Very well said Sissi. I believe Shaprio and Lou Smit are both the only ones from the beginning(not the 26th, but months after that) that truely care about JonBenet and will never give up.

I do vagely remember him suing Schiller because I think he didnt like the way he was presented. In the movie, he seemed very naive. Shaprio told me hes NOTHING like that.. and maybe even ruined his repuation? I dont think there is a lawsuit anymore, but I may be wrong>?

Is Lou Smit the older guy who did a special about JB and talked at length about access through the basement window?

Thanks.
Scandi

Lou Smit was a detective on the Ramsey case and he did go on about the window yes.
He met the Ramsey's, prayed with them and decided there and then that they must be innocent.

Scandi,

He was picked by District Attorney Alex Hunter to help his team in finding JonBenet's killer.

Yes, he did pray with the Ramseys.. but thats not why he thought they were innocent.

He found some clues that the BPD ignored because they were so key on Patsy being the killer. And alot of it does have to do with the basement window.

He is still sleuthing in trying to find JonBenet's killer. He hasnt given up.

http://www.lousmit.com

So Jim Kolar is now using Shapiro's clues that he has discovered? Do you know Shapiro Summergirl? Does they work well together?

I wonder what these clues really mean. Are they talked about here on the forum?

Sorry for all the questions. :rolleyes: LOL

Scandi

The BPD did not ignore the clues.
There is no way, no how an intruder came in that basement window.
Lou Smit had been on the case for no less than 72 hours, which was nowhere near enough time to review all the case evidence, and he concluded that the Ramsey's must be innocent.

scandi said:
So Jim Kolar is now using Shapiro's clues that he has discovered? Do you know Shapiro Summergirl? Does they work well together?

I wonder what these clues really mean. Are they talked about here on the forum?

Sorry for all the questions. :rolleyes: LOL

Scandi

I dont think they work together. I doubt Kolar is using Shaprios clues, but that could be why he is in Denver. I dont know what clues Shapiro is talking about, and why he is in denver! So many questions about Shaprio!

We emailed eachother back and forth a couple of times, talk in AIM. Thats about to extent Ive talked to him!

narlacat said:
The BPD did not ignore the clues.
There is no way, no how an intruder came in that basement window.
Lou Smit had been on the case for no less than 72 hours, which was nowhere near enough time to review all the case evidence, and he concluded that the Ramsey's must be innocent.

How is that? Lou Smit got into that window fine. Like he said in the one documentary, he isnt a small guy, but got in it fine. Maybe the killer struggled, and thats why there is a scuff mark on the wall?

Thanks Summertime,

So Shapiro is working on his own. But if he discovers something was meaqningful to the investigation, do you think there will be a similar problem as before, or will Kolar take the new info to heart?

There was something about that window - trying to remember what was so significant about it. Did it open from the inside? Snow outside but no disturbance?

Scandi

scandi said:
Thanks Summertime,

So Shapiro is working on his own. But if he discovers something was meaqningful to the investigation, do you think there will be a similar problem as before, or will Kolar take the new info to heart?

There was something about that window - trying to remember what was so significant about it. Did it open from the inside? Snow outside but no disturbance?

Scandi

I dont know what Kolar will do, since I dont know alot about him. Hopefully he is a good change.

Here are some of the pictures of the window:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/summergirls0323/trainroomwindow.jpg
See the skuff mark?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/summergirls0323/csbwin3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/summergirls0323/windowbasement4.jpg

scandi said:
There was something about that window - trying to remember what was so significant about it. Did it open from the inside? Snow outside but no disturbance?Scandi

there was an undisturbed spider web

It also measured 18 x 30 inches. That's pretty small. No one came in or went out that window. The spider's web was fragmented by age and nature but still intact, and the spider would not have had enough time to have re-spun it *in the middle of December in the snow* had it been torn down by someone passing through the window it was spun over. Someone, I think Blue Crab, had stated the exact species of spider a while ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back