A Dogs Purpose under fire after TMZ publishes leaked video of German shepherd

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
WARNING: VERY DISTURBING VIDEO

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are calling for a boycott of the movie, saying in a tweet that they want to “send the message that dogs & other animals should be treated humanely, not as props.”

http://wtkr.com/2017/01/18/a-dogs-p...mz-publishes-leaked-video-of-german-shepherd/

This makes me so f'n angry and it tears my heart out. I don't like the h word but I really hate some people sometimes.

I'd like to throw some of them in water that keeps them from being able to keep their head above water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Effing hell I was really looking forward to that movie! GAH

I have had 8 dogs over the years. Many friends have said if they died & came back they would like to come back as one of our dogs. I have forced them to do things they didn't want to do. That being said, the video was not pleasent to watch.

I thought there was some type of legal stipulation that PETA or some animal rights control had to be present when animals are used in films.

I have had 8 dogs over the years. Many friends have said if they died & came back they would like to come back as one of our dogs. I have forced them to do things they didn't want to do. That being said, the video was not pleasent to watch.

My issue with it is that you can train dogs for this, and that dog doesn't appear to have been trained for that scenario. :/

I thought there was some type of legal stipulation that PETA or some animal rights control had to be present when animals are used in films.

There is:

American Humane, the group that ensures animal safety on movie sets, suspended the representative who worked on the film and hired an independent investigator to examine the incident.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/18/animal-abuse-alleged-set-dogs-purpose/?utm_source=twsnopesvideo

Of all trained animals available to film producers why use a dog that's skittish in water? It was painful watching that poor dog do its best to stay out of the pool. And even more painful to see the handler ignore the fear and keep pushing. A-hole. :furious:

proud caretaker (and mama) of 8 (small) dogs. I already knew I was not going to see this film. I knew not to come into this thread. Reminder to self: don't come back here. There is work to be done in this area, but I can't help do it. To those who pick up this cause, all my love and support.

There is:

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/18/animal-abuse-alleged-set-dogs-purpose/?utm_source=twsnopesvideo

Of all trained animals available to film producers why use a dog that's skittish in water? It was painful watching that poor dog do its best to stay out of the pool. And even more painful to see the handler ignore the fear and keep pushing. A-hole. :furious:

I'm sure animals are still abused in the making of films despite the Humane Society being present when films are costing so much a day to make. I am disgusted by this video and hope and pray the films release is scrapped due to the backlash and PR disaster it is for the studio. Animal lovers need to kick up hell about this to send a clear message that animal abuse for financial greed and entertainment will not be tolerated.

I simply can't bring myself to watch the video. Abuse and cruelty in any form is so wrong and I know I will have nightmares if I view it. Poor terrified dog.

I don't know what's worse - the *%#"x* that's trying to force the dog in the water or the bigger *~+!*^%s that are commentating and laughing about it. I hope they all are having to look for another line of work - and certainly one that doesn't remotely involve animals in any way whatsoever.

I feel like this whole movie would have me rocking back and forth in the corner of the theatre crying my eyes out.

Omg why am I on this thread??

I started to watch the video, but I just can't. There is nothing more innocent than children and animals.

I'm with the others... can't watch the video. 'Just knowing about this hurts my heart.

"Original post, Friday: A Dog’s Purpose producer Gavin Polone said he’s had a change of heart after seeing the full video of a distressed German shepherd on set. He says the dog was not in danger and believes agendas are being carried out for different purposes — that whomever cut the video and made it appear the dog was in danger and “probably sold it for money” to fulfill’s PETA’s stated agenda of ensuring no animal is ever used on a TV or movie set again."

http://deadline.com/2017/01/a-dogs-...ted-tape-the-dog-was-in-no-danger-1201891070/

I'm furious by this statement the poor dog was terrified and did not want to go in the water.

I agree with you, gregjrichards !

It was painfully obvious to me that was a terrified dog.

There is no other perspective. That is the truth. I am appalled. I truly had no idea this kind of thing still went on in the movie business. I believed the blurb at the end of the film about all animals treated humanely. Boy, was I wrong!

If the dog was "in danger" of being traumatized, then he was in danger.

Personally, I'd like to see some charges laid re: cruelty to animals.

It doesn't look as if this issue will be swept under the carpet.

In addition to everyone at that scene, it is time to shine the spotlight on this so-called "trainer". Any trainer I have met absolutely loves animals and would never put one through this cruelty.

MOO

I agree with you, gregjrichards !

It was painfully obvious to me that was a terrified dog.

There is no other perspective. That is the truth. I am appalled. I truly had no idea this kind of thing still went on in the movie business. I believed the blurb at the end of the film about all animals treated humanely. Boy, was I wrong!

I know I'm going to reconsider going to see movies that I know involve the use of animal actors from now on. I refuse to go to the circus and am really against cats like Grumpy Cat being flown here there and everywhere and taken to meet fans. I can guarantee that poor cat just wants to be home sleeping on the sofa and not living the life it's owner has chosen for it to make serious cash it's abusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back