Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fresh thread here, open for posting.

There will be zero tolerance for TOS violations, to include among other things:

1. Bullying other members
2. Addressing other members in a rude and degrading manner
3. Posting rumors
4. Posting "facts" without a legitimate, mainstream media or law enforcement source.
5. Posting suspicions and allegations about fellow members.
6. Abusing the private messaging feature to spread rumors and gossip, and to bully others.
7. Abusing the private messaging feature to draw members away from Websleuths. If you're a member of another group, so be it. Don't discuss it here. Leave the remarks and rumors where you find them.

If you lack the maturity to maintain courtesy and respect, and to exercise common sense, then you have no business posting on a public forum.

ETA: No screenshots or images are to be posted unless you include a link to the MSM source where you found them.

Copyright rule:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11371918

12:03am January 19, 2017
Former Perth home of accused Claremont serial killer searched

By Gabrielle Adams

The former home of accused serial killer Bradley Edwards was search by police. (9NEWS)

WA police have spent the day combing a suburban Perth home, previously owned by accused serial killer Bradley Edwards during the time of the Claremont killings.

Edwards was last month charged with the abduction and murder of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon in the 1990s.

cont. at the link
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...e-of-accused-claremont-serial-killer-searched

Police search home alleged Claremont serial killer lived in during the 1990s

Brendan Foster 16:54, January 19 2017

[...]

"Officers arrived at 9am and we saw them bring a ladder in with them and we know they have set up a forensic base in the backyard," she told Radio 6PR on Wednesday afternoon.

"It's difficult to see exactly what they are doing back there.

"Neighbours have told us they have seen forensic crews coming and going all day and they even saw forensic police on the roof searching gutters for whatever reason."

cont. with video at the link

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australi...emont-serial-killer-lived-in-during-the-1990s

They have just announced they ave new suspects in the Gerard Ross case. The timing is very cooincidental but they have a car they are trying to track down and are asking the public for help. As sceptical as I am that this case is linked to the CSK case I do wonder if the timing is more than just a coincidence.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...0117-gtsvgh.html?client=ms-android-telstra-au

"On Tuesday, police also asked people to come forward if they had any knowledge of a "Yankees" baseball cap Gerard was wearing at the time he went missing.

The cap is the only personal item of his still missing.

Investigators are also seeking to identify the driver of a beige or cream coloured sedan that approached a young boy waiting at a Kent Street bus stop near the Rockingham public library a few weeks before Gerard disappeared"

Strange that a piece of clothing looks like it was taken as a souveneir too.

There have been rumours there was no sexual assault in this case and was a plain cold blooded child murder. The police refused to answer that question during the press conference..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I still think the most likely way Bradley Edwards abducted the victims was via a "Blitz" attack. It makes the most sense. Bradley Edwards is a huge powerful athletic guy, especially compared to the victims he chose who were tiny in comparison. There were also numerous other attacks in the area that had a "blitz" attack element to them eg. Grabbing the two girls out of their vehicles at the subway, or smashing the girls head against the wall near HJs. Also the lakeland abduction and stalking had a similar MO to a "blitz" after he relentlessly chased the victim attempting to recapture her. Most of the Claremont attacks were blitz attacks in the area with a sexual motive.

Then we have Karrakatta which was a full blown "Blitz" attack. Why change this MO if it works perfectly like it did. So I dont think Bradley Edwards did. Both Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon were both sighted unofficially / unconfirmed after their last known "confirmed" sightings. In both cases they were seen walking the streets alone. This would make the perfect opportunity to attempt to immobilise and abduct the victim swiftly and quickly using pure brute force from a man who was almost/ if not literally twice the victims size.

There are unconfirmed sightings of Ciara after speaking with the occupants of a "light coloured" vehicle. And there are numerous unconfirmed sightings of Jane making her way through the Claremont streets. You can find numerous references and articles in the numerous threads (even as recently as thread #11).

Everything points to "blitz" attack. The Police thought so prior to the arrest of Bradley Edwards. I very much doubt those girls would have looked twice at Bradley Edwards, and if they did I doubt they wanted much to do with a telstra technician. This is the western suburbs, and even if the girls did think he was alright, I doubt he got a properr opportunity without any witnesses as it would take considerable time to chat someone up and especially if you wanted to convince them to get into a vehicle. It is fanciful. Im sure numerous cars would have driven passed atleast one of the three occasions he is suspected of being involved in. Sarah is yet to be confirmed by the police as a victim but she was a known CSK victim so its pretty obvious she is one of CSK victims.

The most likely scenario for Ciara Glennons abduction was that a car further down stirling hwy parked in a car park or secluded spot "Blitz" her and bundled her into the vehicle before taking off to the kill spot.

Seven News reported officers lifted a collection of concrete slabs in the yard, and inspected the roof and gutters.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...s/news-story/8759e222488bffe6a820c2b893291a84

The forensic officers are leaving no stone unturned searching for evidence. BRE doesn't appear to confessing to anything as yet.

MOO :moo:

There is absolutely no benefit to the perpetrator in our justice system for them to reveal the location of a body. We dont offer the death penalty and considering the magnitude of the crime Bradley Edwards is going away for life with no ability to ever apply for parole. I am sure each and every attorney general wont want to have their name slaughtered through the media having had the CSK released on their watch. MOO :moo:

So that leaves nothing on the table for a confession or for Bradley to reveal any of the body locations. I doubt the "no body, no parole" legislation thats been debated from time to time would work in this case either considering the nature of the crimes. Its not like they can ever give Bradley Edwards parole. MOO :moo:

I still think the most likely way Bradley Edwards abducted the victims was via a "Blitz" attack. It makes the most sense. Bradley Edwards is a huge powerful athletic guy, especially compared to the victims he chose who were tiny in comparison. There were also numerous other attacks in the area that had a "blitz" attack element to them eg. Grabbing the two girls out of their vehicles at the subway, or smashing the girls head against the wall near HJs. Also the lakeland abduction and stalking had a similar MO to a "blitz" after he relentlessly chased the victim attempting to recapture her. Most of the Claremont attacks were blitz attacks in the area with a sexual motive.

Then we have Karrakatta which was a full blown "Blitz" attack. Why change this MO if it works perfectly like it did...

RSBM. I pretty much agree with you, except...I think BE is likely responsible for the Kerry Turner murder as well. And she wasn't blitzed. She was conned.

Maybe BE was most comfortable with a blitz-style attack, but he might get have tried to approach women if the situation was favorable.

However, if BE was not involved with Kerry Turner, then I completely support the blitz method.

This summary is everything I could find related to Kerry Turner. If you know something else, please send it to me so I can add if to the file. Thanks!

Kerry Turner went missing on 30 June 1991. She was 18-years-old.

On Saturday, 29 June 1991, Kerry Turner told her parents she would be coming for dinner that night. She later called back and cancelled, saying she was going out to a nightclub with her best friend, Kylie Gilchrist. Kerry and Kylie went to Pinocchio’s nightclub on Murray St in Perth’s CBD. Soon after entering the club, the two friends became separated. Kerry continued to mingle with other patrons throughout the evening.

At the end of the night, Kerry needed to get home. She did have a car, but she left it, along with her purse, at a friend’s house in Armadale (it’s unclear if this was Kylie’s house or another friend). At about 4:00am, Kerry caught a taxi. However, the driver learned she did not have money for the fare and he dropped her off on the Causeway. Witnesses saw her sitting on the curb, trying to hitch a ride.

Some reports say Kerry was headed home to Bickley. Others say she was going to the friend’s house in Armadale, where vehicle was located.

Another taxi eventually picked her up, but ended up dropping her off in East Victoria Park, near Conca’s Family Restaurant, an all-night café.

Kerry was stranded. She walked across Shepperton Rd, near Miller St. A car sped up and stopped behind her. The driver called out and she walked back to the vehicle. After speaking with the driver, she walked around the vehicle and climbed inside the passenger door. The car headed south on Shepperton Rd shortly after 5:00am. This was the last time Kerry was seen alive.

The car was similar to a Datsun 260C or 260z, with distinctive spoked wheels. It has been described as a dark car, a blue car, a dark blue car, and a fawn colored car.

On 28 July 1991, four picnickers discovered Kerry’s body near Canning Dam. She was found in bushland, 40km (25miles) from the all-night cafe, hidden behind a log. She had been murdered.

Sources linked in following post.

SOURCES

McNeil, Heather. "She accepted a lift and never seen again." WA Today, 28 June 2016, http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...der-of-teen-kerry-turner-20160628-gptg4f.html.

Weber, David. "Kerry Turner's family pleads for answers 25 years after daughter's body." ABC.net, 28, June 2016, http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...-for-help-25-years-after-perth-murder/7549252.

O'Neill, Marnie. "Perth teenager Kerry Turner hitched a ride and ended up dead." News.com, 30 June 2016, http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998.

AAP. "Father of murdered Perth woman Kerry Turner renews plea." Perth Now, 28 June 2016, http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/e19ebf4e766f223471bfa9e2d15cf6c2.

Johnston, Greig. "Parents' plead for justice." Eastern Reporter, 28 June 2016,
https://www.pressreader.com/australia/eastern-reporter/20160628/281629599575995.

Eliot, Luke. "Cold case squad to tackle serious unsolved crime." West Australian, 21 January 2006, p. 263.

Cemetery Record. http://www2.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/details.php?id=GB00011390. [/quote]

Here's a map. Meticulous may have posted a map with the same info at some point, I'm not sure. But Kerry was found about 40km from where she was last seen, a similar distance to Jane and Ciara.

13d928a7f557c7a6ee6be000875a11c5.jpg

Then we have Karrakatta which was a full blown "Blitz" attack. Why change this MO if it works perfectly like it did. So I dont think Bradley Edwards did. Both Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon were both sighted unofficially / unconfirmed after their last known "confirmed" sightings. In both cases they were seen walking the streets alone. This would make the perfect opportunity to attempt to immobilise and abduct the victim swiftly and quickly using pure brute force from a man who was almost/ if not literally twice the victims size.

There are unconfirmed sightings of Ciara after speaking with the occupants of a "light coloured" vehicle. And there are numerous unconfirmed sightings of Jane making her way through the Claremont streets. You can find numerous references and articles in the numerous threads (even as recently as thread #11).

Everything points to "blitz" attack. The Police thought so prior to the arrest of Bradley Edwards. I very much doubt those girls would have looked twice at Bradley Edwards, and if they did I doubt they wanted much to do with a telstra technician. This is the western suburbs, and even if the girls did think he was alright, I doubt he got a properr opportunity without any witnesses as it would take considerable time to chat someone up and especially if you wanted to convince them to get into a vehicle. It is fanciful. Im sure numerous cars would have driven passed atleast one of the three occasions he is suspected of being involved in. Sarah is yet to be confirmed by the police as a victim but she was a known CSK victim so its pretty obvious she is one of CSK victims.

The most likely scenario for Ciara Glennons abduction was that a car further down stirling hwy parked in a car park or secluded spot "Blitz" her and bundled her into the vehicle before taking off to the kill spot.

I definitely agree that I think it's most likely they are all blitz attacks. It makes the most sense. I also wonder if perhaps a gun or something very confronting and urgent like say a knife was used to get the girls into a vehicle. Seems the most likely to me.

This summary is everything I could find related to Kerry Turner. If you know something else, please send it to me so I can add if to the file. Thanks!

Kerry Turner went missing on 30 June 1991. She was 18-years-old.

On Saturday, 29 June 1991, Kerry Turner told her parents she would be coming for dinner that night. She later called back and cancelled, saying she was going out to a nightclub with her best friend, Kylie Gilchrist. Kerry and Kylie went to Pinocchio’s nightclub on Murray St in Perth’s CBD. Soon after entering the club, the two friends became separated. Kerry continued to mingle with other patrons throughout the evening.

At the end of the night, Kerry needed to get home. She did have a car, but she left it, along with her purse, at a friend’s house in Armadale (it’s unclear if this was Kylie’s house or another friend). At about 4:00am, Kerry caught a taxi. However, the driver learned she did not have money for the fare and he dropped her off on the Causeway. Witnesses saw her sitting on the curb, trying to hitch a ride.

Some reports say Kerry was headed home to Bickley. Others say she was going to the friend’s house in Armadale, where vehicle was located.

Another taxi eventually picked her up, but ended up dropping her off in East Victoria Park, near Conca’s Family Restaurant, an all-night café.

Kerry was stranded. She walked across Shepperton Rd, near Miller St. A car sped up and stopped behind her. The driver called out and she walked back to the vehicle. After speaking with the driver, she walked around the vehicle and climbed inside the passenger door. The car headed south on Shepperton Rd shortly after 5:00am. This was the last time Kerry was seen alive.

The car was similar to a Datsun 260C or 260z, with distinctive spoked wheels. It has been described as a dark car, a blue car, a dark blue car, and a fawn colored car.

On 28 July 1991, four picnickers discovered Kerry’s body near Canning Dam. She was found in bushland, 40km (25miles) from the all-night cafe, hidden behind a log. She had been murdered.

Sources linked in following post.

This certainly has some of the hallmarks of the other situations. I'm sure the police are considering it carefully.

IMO the common theme here with his victims that they were small. Do we know how tall BRE is? I guesstimate his height over 6ft looking at "The Great Hoffy Incident" on YT.

At some point during each engagement a blitz attack happened irrespective if he charmed them or not but the sequence of events are potentially different in each murder. There's no way in my mind CSK would try it on someone my size not only because he is a 'gutless wonder' but I don't fit his presumed victimology.

Is it too early to rule out this psychopath killed males as well? Surely some males get killed by male serial killers or am I completely off the mark here? In this case it could be small males if there is any currency...

Is there a Kerry Turner thread? I did a quick search inside and out on Google without much luck.

Kerry Turner

"She was eventually picked up by another taxi which dropped her off about 5:00am on Shepperton Road, opposite what is now Conca's Italian Restaurant.

Soon afterwards, a vehicle described by witnesses as similar to a dark-coloured or blue Datsun sedan pulled up next to Ms Turner. Another witness described the vehicle as a fawn-coloured sedan with spoked wheels.

Kerry was seen entering the car on the passenger side, and it continued south on Shepperton Road."
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998
Kerry_turner_map.jpg

Google

Here are a couple of sedan options from the Mazda range. Mazda changed to Nissan around 1986 so would presume the Mazda in question is pre-1986. The Mazda 510's were made between 1968-71 and a revision from 1978-81.
attachment.php

Source: datsun.com

...and the 1200s that look more like a coupe from 1971-73
attachment.php

...and a Mazda paint colour chart for consideration (Export colours)
attachment.php

Source: Google

Given there were two different reports at night about two different coloured cars I would think it is open for further interpretation. Yellow street lights may make a blue car brownish. Or rust...

Attachments

• pl510.jpg
    pl510.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 489
  • b110s.jpg
    b110s.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 1972-datsun-pg01.jpg
    1972-datsun-pg01.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 487
Does anyone know the exact location Kerry Turner was found in Midgegooroo national park ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail